*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With IU losing by 6 at the half and NU tied right now if the Big Ten can get at least 1 of these final 2 games we can argue it was at least close. 2 of the games (Minnesota, OSU) were close and could have (and should have with Minn.) gone the other way. The point is it won't be a total slaughter if the Hoosiers or Cats can squeek a win out somehow.

With 8:34 still to play, the "Orange Krush" student section broke into chants of "OVERRATED!" In the final minutes of the game, there were chants of "WE'RE No. 1."

i hate to say this but the retards not on the floor who started this chant need to be beaten unmercifully because for sure orange krush was smarter than that

Edited by AssHatSoxFan

i hate to say this but the retards not on the floor who started this chant need to be beaten unmercifully because for sure orange krush was smarter than that

Hands down the dumbest chant in sports. It doesn't make any sense because it is diminishing what your team just did it but everyone does it.

Waited 9 hours to get in. Worth every minute.

We're #1, period.

In December, whoopty doo, last time I check nothing was won in December.

Rankings in college basketball are completely meaningless.

By the way, let me know when Illinois actually wins something in college hoops.

When was their last national title?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Someone is a little pissy tonight................ :headshake

I'm not pissy, I just laugh when the thing Illinois fans have to be the most proud of in their hoops history is a December win over Wake Forest and their preseason ranking...

Get back to me when you actually win something.

I'm not pissy, I just laugh when the thing Illinois fans have to be the most proud of in their hoops history is a December win over Wake Forest and their preseason ranking...

are you telling me beating the "best team in the nation" convincely isn't something to be proud of?

Speaking as an impartial observer... (I would say the team I follow most closely is Gonzaga)... Illinois is hands-down-without-a-doubt THE most fun team in College basketball to watch.

They move the ball so fluidly, and run the floor so well. They play the game the way it was meant to be played, and if I had a vote they would be #1, and it wouldn't even be close.

They are everything the Pro game is not... And if you wanna hate on that go ahead. You'll just look silly.

Speaking as an impartial observer... (I would say the team I follow most closely is Gonzaga)... Illinois is hands-down-without-a-doubt THE most fun team in College basketball to watch.

They move the ball so fluidly, and run the floor so well. They play the game the way it was meant to be played, and if I had a vote they would be #1, and it wouldn't even be close.

They are everything the Pro game is not... And if you wanna hate on that go ahead.  You'll just look silly.

:headbang

Thats what Im trying to tell em.