*Official* College Basketball Thread

The reason I see it as big is that maybe, just maybe, ESPN will stop sleeping with the ACC and start talking a bit about the big ten.

Too bad the big ten couldn't win the tourney though. Still I think the big ten is really deep, not as deep as the ACC, but its got a good crop of teams.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Introduce us please. :huh:

Anyway you cut it, HUGE win for the Illini.  We'll talk hoops when we meet MSU this year.

Sounds good, and I'll be glad to.

Sorry for coming off as an ass to any of ya in here, didn't mean it that way, especially to you Krush and William Harris. Not trying to pass off being an ass, but I've had a long day.

What is amazing to me is that IU is still in this game.

The reason I see it as big is that maybe, just maybe, ESPN will stop sleeping with the ACC and start talking a bit about the big ten. 

Too bad the big ten couldn't win the tourney though.  Still I think the big ten is really deep, not as deep as the ACC, but its got a good crop of teams.

They will never get over the acc just like they won't get over the yankees and red sox. I have learned to live with it.

Sounds good, and I'll be glad to.

Sorry for coming off as an ass to any of ya in here, didn't mean it that way, especially to you Krush and William Harris.  Not trying to pass off being an ass, but I've had a long day.

What is amazing to me is that IU is still in this game.

Yeah, long day here too

Haven't slept in 33+ hours, with 9 hours outside today

I just didn't like the fact that you said this win means nothing and pretty much put words in our mouth.

If IU made better decisions on offense they'd be leading this game.

Once again, sorry Mr. Krush.

I guess my whole point is that in the whole scheme of things for the season, it won't mean anything unless Illinois can go deep into the tournament. Nobody remembers wins in December, they only remember March and early April. That was my only point.

They will never get over the acc just like they won't get over the yankees and red sox. I have learned to live with it.

Well last year they talked about the Angels a whole lot, which surprised the hell out of me. And if the Angels add Beltran and a good starting pitcher, then I think they'll be talked about more.

God I miss baseball already :wub:

Well last year they talked about the Angels a whole lot, which surprised the hell out of me. And if the Angels add Beltran and a good starting pitcher, then I think they'll be talked about more.

God I miss baseball already  :wub:

Yea we are stuck with Dickie V now....Until Roons, Farmio and Hawk come back in the spring.

Bob Huggins? :huh:

:lol:

Bob Huggins is everything that is wrong with college basketball. If the recruiting BS wasn't enough, he should have been s***canned after the DUI :fyou Huggins.

And I do know you are joking Addy, I just really can't stand Huggins

Edited by southsider2k4

I guess my whole point is that in the whole scheme of things for the season, it won't mean anything unless Illinois can go deep into the tournament.  Nobody remembers wins in December, they only remember March and early April.  That was my only point.

Sorry as well.

Agree with your point. I'm just excited for now, i'm not claiming we're the best team for the rest of the year. Just right now, which yes doesn't mean a ton. But at least we proved we can beat a great team. We sucked vs UNC last year, and we sucked for a while after the game (lost to providence right after it, etc)

Bob Huggins is everything that is wrong with college basketball.  If the recruiting BS wasn't enough, he should have been s***canned after the DUI :fyou Huggins.

And I do know you are joking Addy, I just really can't stand Huggins

My sentiments exactly. That guy is a piece of sh.....trash.

:lolhitting, no one I hate more then tHuggins.

I hate that whole program, nothing was sweeter than Illinois beating them senseless last year.

:notworthy

Most satisfying win of the year. Loved it.

However, I also love with Seals from DePaul doinked the bejezzus out of the Cincy sixth man. Histarical!

I guess my whole point is that in the whole scheme of things for the season, it won't mean anything unless Illinois can go deep into the tournament.  Nobody remembers wins in December, they only remember March and early April.  That was my only point.

People that distibute the seeds remember every single game of the year. This game could have changed lowered our seeding by one possibly two depending on how bad we lost.

:notworthy

Most satisfying win of the year.  Loved it.

However, I also love with Seals from DePaul doinked the bejezzus out of the Cincy sixth man.  Histarical!

As bad as that was I was laughing my ass off.

BTW, :fyou Tony Bobbit.

the more i get to sit at home and take in the win the more i think of how great this team has played of late; even with the strong D wake played against us we were able to counter with even better D

ps im still covered in the orange i put on myself for the game i dont know i should ever wash this off :headbang

Sorry as well.

Agree with your point. I'm just excited for now, i'm not claiming we're the best team for the rest of the year. Just right now, which yes doesn't mean a ton. But at least we proved we can beat a great team. We sucked vs UNC last year, and we sucked for a while after the game (lost to providence right after it, etc)

I think Illinois is one of the top 4 or 5 teams for the entire season if they play to their potential, no question.

The beauty of college hoops is that there are so many teams with a shot.

Who thought Indiana would go to the title game in 2002?

Who thought Syracuse would win it all in 2003?

It's surprises like these that make college basketball the second best thing in sports, behind White Sox baseball.