*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UNC plays Kentucky tomorrow at 11 on CBS I believe for anyone that cares.

Out of conference UNC has played or will play BYU, Tennessee, Iowa, USC, Indiana, Kentucky, Vermont, and UConn, while Duke's toughest opponents are Michigan State and Oklahoma, God I hate K.

Rex the dumbest part about it is that I saw on my Directv that the UK-UNC game is being shown on CBS West Coast and Indiana-UConn is on the East Coast. It doesn't get anymore west coast than Chapel Hill, NC right? I'm gonna fly to CBS headquarters myself and take a giant crap on their desks if I can't see the UK-UNC game. I'm loading up on prunes tonight just in case, those bastards. :bang

Rex the dumbest part about it is that I saw on my Directv that the UK-UNC game is being shown on CBS West Coast and Indiana-UConn is on the East Coast. It doesn't get anymore west coast than Chapel Hill, NC right? I'm gonna fly to CBS headquarters myself and take a giant crap on their desks if I can't see the UK-UNC game. I'm loading up on prunes tonight just in case, those bastards.  :bang

With DirecTV you should get both feeds, though, right?

Suspended Perry to return Monday

Terry Hutchens

IndyStar

Help might be on the way for Indiana University at point guard.

Donald Perry, suspended from the team Oct. 15 for what is still being described as a violation of team rules, will return Monday, IU coach Mike Davis said.

"I told Donald all along that if he did all the things I had asked him to do that he could return after the Connecticut game," Davis said. "He has done that and he'll be back on Monday."

Davis does not know what to expect from his senior guard. As part of the suspension, Perry was not allowed to work out with the Hoosiers. Davis cited privacy issues as the reason for not disclosing the nature of the suspension.

"My job as a basketball coach extends beyond what happens while a young man is at IU," Davis said.

Perry has played in 89 games with IU, with 18 starts.

Valpo looks to get their first win of the season this afternoon against Duke at the United Center. If you wanna watch a blowout basketball game today turn on ESPN 2 at 1. Our next game is against Illinois at Asembly Hall too. :lol:

Edit: The game is on the 19th at Assembly Hall, so it's not really their next game

I saw the first 10 or so minutes of that Indiana game.  UConn was wicked sloppy, they are missing Ben Gordon badly.

And Taliek Brown as well and I never thought I would say that. Good first half for IU though, that team plays hard but they just don't have a whole lot of offensive ability at this time.

Side note: I thought Villanueva would step up this year but he doesn't look good at all. In hindsight I'm glad he didn't come to Illinois because we are better off without him.

UNC defeats UK 91-78, UK put up a great efford. Rajon Rondo is going to be an absolute stud, looks pretty close to what Felton looked like as a freshmen, not quite as fast, but still going to be awesome. Rashad 28 points, Felton gutty effort with his bad wrist.