*Official* College Basketball Thread

Illini play a real solid 2nd half, beat Georgetown 74-59

Next up, Oregon at the UC Saturday, i'll be there

wish i could say that.

overall nice game, georgetown played a quality game, just ran out of gas.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be in attendance as well...should be a fun one.  I saw them there against UIC last year.

Good win tonight.

Forced shots in the first half, but that was a beautiful 2nd half. Luther finally got himself an alley-oop dunk. 1st one on TV anyway.

Ill be at the UC on Friday night and Saturday afternoon. (Bulls/Illini) Too bad I cant pay for parking just once. :P

UMass-UConn tonight in the "U" Game at 9 eastern on ESPN2.  It's gonna be U-some baby.

Not really.  But it will give anyone interested a chance to see how far the UMass team has fallen.  We have Rashaun Freeman and Artie Bowers, but little else.  Steve Lappas sucks.  He can't recruit, he can't coach, he can't even comb his hair decently.

I'll be at the game because I like basketball in general but this is like the St. Joe's game last year, we simply don't have the talent edge or the coaching edge to pull off any kind of upset.  You need at least one of them to do something cool like that.

Care to reevaluate your analysis?

UMass wins 61-59 :headbang

Well, whatever. Everyone's over it I guess.

But it's still something that everyone should experience in their lifetime. One of those surreal experiences. When Freeman made the layup with 4 seconds left I think I jumped 10 feet in the air. And then the whole court thing. Goddamn. Cool stuff.

Edit: Oh, and I will admit I was really far off about this game. But I will take credit for saying that UConn is not the #6 team in the country. I just figured they wouldn't prove it for a while.

Droughts?  IU doesn't have doughts.........

Unless you call no FG's (only 4 FT's) in a 7 minute, 58 second stretch?

Or only one FG in 12 minutes, 30 seconds??

Nah, no droughts..........

Bah...they're so close too...I'm going to have to leave for a final after the first half. Maybe it's a good thing I don't have to see the 2nd half.

33-24 UK

Bah...they're so close too...I'm going to have to leave for a final after the first half.  Maybe it's a good thing I don't have to see the 2nd half. 

33-24 UK

I have a feeling you are better off.......... but the concept of a final on a Saturday afternoon, during the middle of the Kentucky game sickens me. :)

I have a feeling you are better off..........      but the concept of a final on a Saturday afternoon, during the middle of the Kentucky game sickens me.  :)

Ha yeah....I'm so mad..I'm in the student alumni assoc., and I got an e-mail offering a free ride and ticket to the game too. However, I have this friggen' final. Kelley School... :fyou :lol:

Iowa takes out ISU at Carver Hawkeye. 

Haluska drops 20 on his former team.

The Hawkeyes may actually have a solid team.

Ya, I'm really impressed with the transfer Haluska. He's only getting better and gives the Hawks another good outside scorer with Pierce and Horner and then Brunner and Hansen down low.

Plus they have a pretty deep bench. I'm just wondering where Alex is. I was about to make a post saying he's been rather quiet :lol:

Illinois is destroying a very nice young Oregon team. Aaron Brooks and Malik Hairston are one of the top young backcourts in the nation. Oregon will be a very solid team by the end of the year. Illinois is destroying people, forget post depth/strength, this Ill team is headed for big things.

Ya, I'm really impressed with the transfer Haluska.  He's only getting better and gives the Hawks another good outside scorer with Pierce and Horner and then Brunner and Hansen down low.

Plus they have a pretty deep bench.  I'm just wondering where Alex is.  I was about to make a post saying he's been rather quiet  :lol:

I was at the game and I had a basketball game this morning. God, I just wish the Clones would decide whether or not they care sometime relatively soon.