*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 01:26 PM)
Yeah and that foul on your player with 0.9 wasn't bulls***...

dont you the know the rule of of the close call in competitive sports?

*it is never a bulls*** call when your team benefits from said bulls*** call.

:lol:

Great stuff, UNC down 10 points with 14 fouls called on them in the first half. Including one from Rashad McCants where he got elbowed in the face, apparently his face attacked Strickland's elbow. I hate it when that happens. 3 fouls on McCants and Manual, 2 on Felton, May, Marvin Williams, and the lady eating popcorn behind the UNC bench.

UNC is playing like the stupidest team in America right now. Not playing d, not rebounding, making stupid passes. God, what a joke of a top 5 team they can be. Then on other days they look like they could run Illinois right off the court.

Can't say I'm too dissapointed. UNC loses by 13 at WF when WF breaks the ACC all time FT record going 32-32. While Sean May and Felton have their worst games as Tar Heels. McCants, Manual, and Marvin Williams all have limited playing time due to "fouls". UNC will be ok, just sucks we can't have a rematch until ACC tourney time.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
The refs suck in the Illini game....and what is with Northwestern fans yelling over-rated when theyre losing?

I heard no such chant. :huh Are you referring to the Michael Jenkins chant? It's the same chant with different words.

Also Wayne Larivye needs to do some research. He said the Cats have had a disappointing season outside of their win over Indiana. WTF? 1. Indiana sucks. 2. Seton Hall and DePaul lost in Evanston too. 3. Since Thompson has joined the lineup the Cats have only lost 3 games, all on the road (Arizona St., Mich., Mich. St.). Yeah, real disappointing.

Edited by danman31

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
Anybody else think that Illinois will be in big trouble if they ever meet a refereeing crew that calls tick tack fouls? That would most likely stop their transition oppurtunities, which is the best part of their game.

Sour grapes.

This is the best team in the country until proven otherwise. You've just witnessed it today.

Oskee-Wow-Wow

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
Sour grapes.

This is the best team in the country until proven otherwise.  You've just witnessed it today.

Oskee-Wow-Wow

Oskee-Wow-Wow?

Congrats, you're also owners of the gayest chant in America.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
I heard no such chant. :huh Are you referring to the Michael Jenkins chant? It's the same chant with different words.

I thought it was over-rated, but it might have been the Jenkins chant. I really cant say for sure because I'm not familiar with NU b-ball. It was very early on when the Illini were only winning by 4.

In response to your second post: Yeah, I am a little worried about touchy refs, but I'm more worried about every road game.