*Official* College Basketball Thread

Alright, cause I don't watch many ACC games, all I see is the scores and maybe a few highlight. I wasn't saying they were bad or anything I just didn't know. I guess Illinois does always move the ball around a lot more than other teams so they do run some clock when they're in their halfcourt offense.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iowa just got a little easier, their leading scorer got kicked off the team

Iowa leading scorer Pierre Pierce, who reportedly is the main focus of a police investigation, was dismissed from the team Wednesday, the university announced.

QUOTE(Pale Hose Jon @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
Sadly it is old news, But Alford decided to bring his ass back for another turn on the merry go round.

I hope Pierre has A LOT of sex in prison

ahhh prison.. I wonder what thats gonna be like.. I could never go to prison, what with my boyish good looks ide be snatched up before the first lights out

QUOTE(Pale Hose Jon @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
Sadly it is old news, But Alford decided to bring his ass back for another turn on the merry go round.

I hope Pierre has A LOT of sex in prison

I'd wager he doesn't go to jail for this. He'll play in the NBA make a good amount of money and in the process he will probably assault a few more women and maybe then he'll finally see prison time.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
Iowa just got a little easier, their leading scorer got kicked off the team

that sort of happened with UCONN w/the exception okafor was injured, and they still won games w/his bad back and all, Iowa is still gonna be tough, for all we know they have some secret weapon on their bench.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
that sort of happened with UCONN w/the exception okafor was injured, and they still won games w/his bad back and all, Iowa is still gonna be tough, for all we know they have some secret weapon on their bench.

UCONN also had Ben Gordon on their team. Iowa doesn't have anyone near that good.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)

Um...what?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 06:13 AM)
I'd wager he doesn't go to jail for this.  He'll play in the NBA make a good amount of money and in the process he will probably assault a few more women and maybe then he'll finally see prison time.

Basically Kobe Bryant Version 2.0

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
Georgia Tech is about to fall out of the top 25. What the hell happened to these guys? Pretty much the same team as last year and they just can't seem to get it going.

Losing BJ Elder has really hurt them. With him hurt, it is not the same team as last year.

I just saw a hilarious stat. JJ Redick leads the nation in least fouls per minutes played. Apparently he gets a foul called on him once every 41 minutes of play. That leads the nation by a wide margin. Compare that to the rest of the ACC guards, even on his team, like Ewing, McCants, Paul, Gray all average 1 foul for about every 9 minutes of play. Does anyone else find that odd that a guy can play in an aggressive man-to-man defense that Duke plays and foul ONCE not even every game?