*Official* College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
23-0, off to Michigan tuesday.

Don't remind me. A month ago i would of believed the Wolverines could off an upset, but no chance in hell now. They are a train wreck!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell the rest of the big 10 is garbage next to the Illini. So come tourney time I'll definately be pulling for the Illini cause right now it looks liek they are the only ones that can make the big 10 look respectable.

MSU, Wisc, Iowa, Minn, Michigan are all mediocre in my book with MSU being the best of the bunch. I happen to think MSU, Wisc, and Iowa have the talent to make some noise, but the Illini are freaking legit.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
Hell the rest of the big 10 is garbage next to the Illini.  So come tourney time I'll definately be pulling for the Illini cause right now it looks liek they are the only ones that can make the big 10 look respectable. 

MSU, Wisc, Iowa, Minn, Michigan are all mediocre in my book with MSU being the best of the bunch.  I happen to think MSU, Wisc, and Iowa have the talent to make some noise, but the Illini are freaking legit.

Thanks, calling Michigan mediocre right now is a compliment!

Big 10 may only get 3 teams, opening the door for mid majors like SIU, or Northern Iowa, whomever does not win the MVC.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
I've been doing a lot of Davis supporting of late.  I really want him to be here next year.  I just can't wait to see Killer and White down low with these freshmen.  I think Wright's going to be back now.  Also, this was brought up in the last IndyStar column.  The Knight backers are f***tarded.  The people that say Davis took Knight's players to the final four, na uh.  Who was the recruiter of those players?  Davis.  Who's system was that?  Davis'.  Also that argument should go over to Texas Tech.  The Knight backers that say he's doing a good job at Texas Tech.  He didn't recruit those players.  The whole argument should be moot.

I agree with much of that but not all. My problems with Davis have nothing to do with the pro-Knight idiots, nor who won with whose players. My issues with Davis are documented so I will not repeat them here. But I think the thing that will hurt Davis the most is the $300,000 bonus he is due July 1st. If the AD has ANY doubt that Davis is the guy long term or ANY inkling that if things don't go well he will have the same decision to make, there is no way he will invest an additional $300,000 in Davis. If there is any doubt at all, DAvis will go or it will cost them more money to keep him.

As far as Knight goes, he is doing well at Texas Tech and he is pretty much doing it with his own players. Knight ran off several players when he first got there and made sure that the players that stayed would buy into his system. The catch is that all of that has absolutely nothing to do with the decision that needs to be made at Alabama.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
Thanks, calling Michigan mediocre right now is a compliment!

Big 10 may only get 3 teams, opening the door for mid majors like SIU, or Northern Iowa, whomever does not win the MVC.

I think Ill, Wisc, MSU are locks -- Minn is solidly in right now, so long as they don't fold down the stretch...

Mich is out barring a miraculous run. Same goes for Iowa. Indiana has an outside shot, but needs some signature wins. OSU is ineligible. Purdue isn't worth mentioning. Penn State, likewise. That leaves Northwestern, No.

Did Deron have any points in that game?? Last i checked he was like 0-9 or something....really horrible shooting, but he did have a lot of assists.....and a few turnovers. Overall grade I give the Illini that game is C-. They had a few "A" moments but played horrible overall.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
I think Ill, Wisc, MSU are locks -- Minn is solidly in right now, so long as they don't fold down the stretch...

Mich is out barring a miraculous run.  Same goes for Iowa.  Indiana has an outside shot, but needs some signature wins.  OSU is ineligible.  Purdue isn't worth mentioning.  Penn State, likewise.  That leaves Northwestern, No.

Agreed. It would be difficult for Minnesota to fold this year -- they have IU, MSU, PU and PSU on the road and NU, OSU and Iowa at home. Of course, I've seen them lose too many must-wins under Monson to be really confident.

Bracketology has them playing MD in Round One, with a possible Round Two matchup against Kansas.

I think it's four for the Big Ten, since I can't see Michigan or Iowa getting in. Those two are playing with an utter lack of confidence right now. It could be really ugly tomorrow night in Ann Arbor.