*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you motherf***ing Felton. 9 God Damn turnovers in the most important game of the season. The look Rashad and Ray had at the end of the game was awesome, I hope they never get over that and become bitter the rest of their motherf***ing lives. Both decided to choke in the same game. Without Sean May's monster game, this would have been ugly.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
Good game with an absolutely terrible final possession by UNC.  I'm still trying to figure out why Felton picked up his dribble when he had a wide open jumper or could have penetrated.

I'm with you but hell I'm happy he did that.

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
I just hope Digger will stop riding UNC's nuts now and just admit Illinois is the best team in the Nation

Well.....as you guys know I hate UNC and Illinois but as of right now there is absolutely no way you can say anything but the Illini being the best team in the nation. That doesn't mean they're necessarily going to win the national championship but as of right now they are the class of college basketball.

As an objective fan of a team who has no aspirations whatsoever (Northwestern :banghead ), I'll say this in regards to the UNC/Duke game:

-Nelson played very, very well off the bench for Duke.

-Ewing is garbage. He gets hot and buries a couple of tres, but other than that, he was terrible. He was terrible against Maryland, too.

-Felton, what the hell was that at the end???

On a more positive note, I think UNC should absolutely dominate when the game is @ UNC (they do play at UNC, correct?). What was UNC from the line -- 10/24? And aren't they one of the best free throw shooting teams in the ACC? I think you can chalk up this win, in a huge part, due to the Cameron Crazies, but that's JMHO.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)
As an objective fan of a team who has no aspirations whatsoever (Northwestern  :banghead ), I'll say this in regards to the UNC/Duke game:

-Ewing is garbage.  He gets hot and buries a couple of tres, but other than that, he was terrible.  He was terrible against Maryland, too.

On a more positive note, I think UNC should absolutely dominate when the game is @ UNC (they do play at UNC, correct?).  What was UNC from the line -- 10/24?  And aren't they one of the best free throw shooting teams in the ACC?  I think you can chalk up this win, in a huge part, due to the Cameron Crazies, but that's JMHO.

They were 17-23 from the free throw line which is very solid.

Outside of Sean May, it was just a collective choke. Many, many, problems. Rashad shot horribly, Felton played terribly, Marvin choked on the line, Jawad Williams didn't show up, what the HELL was David freaking Noel in the game for for the last shot. All of Duke's baskets outside of a layup by Nelson were 3 point field goals, ALL of them. No reason UNC should have even been in this game, but they choked it away anyways. Its gonna be tough for me to give a damn about colllege basketball for a while now.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 04:39 AM)
They were 17-23 from the free throw line which is very solid.

Really, 17-23? I thought I heard on the telecast Nessler or Vittell (sp?) say that they were 10-20 or something like that...

Meh, probably heard wrong.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
Outside of Sean May, it was just a collective choke. Many, many, problems. Rashad shot horribly, Felton played terribly, Marvin choked on the line, Jawad Williams didn't show up, what the HELL was David freaking Noel in the game for for the last shot. All of Duke's baskets outside of a layup by Nelson were 3 point field goals, ALL of them. No reason UNC should have even been in this game, but they choked it away anyways. Its gonna be tough for me to give a damn about colllege basketball for a while now.

You'll feel better tomorrow Palehose. I was definitely shocked when Felton passed up the wide open lane at the end of the game--I was holding my breath there, didn't look good. I've never been big on Mccants and I would expect something like this out of him but Raymond I never expected it out of. Crazy game, fun to watch for me :P

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 10:41 PM)
Really, 17-23?  I thought I heard on the telecast Nessler or Vittell (sp?) say that they were 10-20 or something like that...

Meh, probably heard wrong.

Nah, you didn't hear wrong I believe Nessler did say that.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 04:37 AM)
As an objective fan of a team who has no aspirations whatsoever (Northwestern  :banghead ), I'll say this in regards to the UNC/Duke game:

-Ewing is garbage.  He gets hot and buries a couple of tres, but other than that, he was terrible.  He was terrible against Maryland, too.

On a more positive note, I think UNC should absolutely dominate when the game is @ UNC (they do play at UNC, correct?).  What was UNC from the line -- 10/24?  And aren't they one of the best free throw shooting teams in the ACC?  I think you can chalk up this win, in a huge part, due to the Cameron Crazies, but that's JMHO.

Haha, fellow suffering NU fan! We got a win against Minnesota tonight though. As for UNC/Duke, UNC played a really sloppy game and got some terrible outside shooting and still only lost by 1 in Cameron Indoor Stadium. McCants missed numerous open 3's, which is not like him, and as Palehose said, Jawad Williams was non-existent (I was pro-Heels, but seriously, does Jawad forget how to play after game #20? He's been off for a few games now, and I remember him doing that last year too). I still think UNC is going to be a monster in the tourney, and that they are going to smoke Duke at Chapel Hill.

Another issue though, is it just me, or was that clock a little quick at the end? I've only seen it about twice, but it looked like it should have been UNC ball with at least .06 left. I know they choked with a lot more than that, but who knows what kind of miracle could have happened.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
Another issue though, is it just me, or was that clock a little quick at the end? I've only seen it about twice, but it looked like it should have been UNC ball with at least .06 left. I know they choked with a lot more than that, but who knows what kind of miracle could have happened.

It looked like the refs were going to give the ball to Duke anyways so it really wouldn't have mattered.

Mos and Krush, just wanted to say I edited your guys argument out of this thread and put it in an admin forum. I know you two just got caught up in the heat or whatever and any further actual arguments (not debate or discussion) can be handled via aim or whever else, I don't really care.

f***ing Hawkeyes. They are up for a good portion of the 2nd half against Wisconsin and once again blow a lead. Freaking pathetic pieces of crap. Alford can kiss his ass goodbye at the end of the season. This team, even without Pierce, has way too much talent to be floundering in Big ten play (not that it should really be a shocker since its what every Alford coached Hawkeye team does).

Wisconsin had 21 more free throw attempts too, which makes it really tough. Wisconsin had a 22-4 run though after the Hawkeyes took a decent size lead. Damn it too, cause this was a win the Hawks could of really needed.

Thank god we got Ferentz :)