Hero dad runs over would be rapist

NUKE_CLEVELAND

When they started shooting, it was self defense.

The guy shouldn't be charged with any crimes if the report is accurate. The only way to build a case would be to say he should have stopped when they started shooting and by continuing etc. But that would be very lame and no jury in North America would confict.

Still, I am thankfull he is alive to raise his daughters instead of a victim of robbery and murder.

When will the criminals begin saying they shot in self defense.

Edited by Texsox

When they started shooting, it was self defense.

I see your point, but the law is tricky sometimes. They put a gun to his head, robbed him and left. I can see an attorney saying that it could have ended right there. He got in his car and gave chase, that is not defending himself. They shot at him and he ran the guy over and killed him.

I see your point, but the law is tricky sometimes.  They put a gun to his head, robbed him and left. I can see an attorney saying that it could have ended right there.  He got in his car and gave chase, that is not defending himself. They shot at him and he ran the guy over and killed him.

At some point someone will make the point that this crazy crime victim was chasing them and they feared for their lives and started shooting to get him to stop. In other words, the robbers will claim self defense in shooting at some crazed guy trying to run them over.