Green Seats?

KevHead0881

I don't really care what color the seats are. If people were using the color of the seats as an excuse for not coming to more games, guess what?...those people STILL will not be coming to more games.

It's interesting though that some people used to complain that the Cell was drab and had no life to it. Some of those same people want to remove the bright blue seats (the most vibrant, colorful thing about the park) and replace them with dark green ones. :bang

Whats the cost for this anyway?

Just saw this on the official site.  Looks like a new image.  If those seats are going to be green, I sure hope they all will, cause I'm not sure about the blue/green scheme.

my buddy works for the sox, and it was confirmed by my season tickets rep, they are changing all of the seats in the park to green..its going to look much better

my buddy works for the sox, and it was confirmed by my season tickets rep, they are changing all of the seats in the park to green..its going to look much better

I'm assuming this isn't going to be done this season, or will it be two seasons from now???

I hope they go with the green color they use in Anaheim. I do think it would look funny to have a certain section green for one season, but monetarily it makes sense to do it.

It be badass if they are doing the whole thing this year though.

I'm assuming this isn't going to be done this season,  or will it be two seasons from now???

I hope they go with the green color they use in Anaheim.  I do think it would look funny to have a certain section green for one season, but monetarily it makes sense to do it.

It be badass if they are doing the whole thing this year though.

Jason.. apparently they are shooting for all this offseason.. but the odds aren't good. Hopefully the LD will be complete. No one knows a solid answer at this point other than they are being changed.

Is there any comfort difference between green and blue?  :unsure:

OF COURSE!

EVERYONE knows that GREEN is more comfortable than BLUE!!!!!

Remember the seats in Old Comiskey Park? They were f***in' PLUSH!!!!

SURE, they were made of wood and splintering and the paint was peeling off of them, but the peeling paint was GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!!

....I'll never understand the obsession with green seats....

BTW, wasn't that a COMFY post? It was GREEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!

OF COURSE!

EVERYONE knows that GREEN is more comfortable than BLUE!!!!!

Remember the seats in Old Comiskey Park? They were f***in' PLUSH!!!!

SURE, they were made of wood and splintering and the paint was peeling off of them, but the peeling paint was GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!!

....I'll never understand the obsession with green seats....

BTW, wasn't that a COMFY post? It was GREEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!

Isn't it obvious, they want to conform to the sarcasm color at Soxtalk. That way when were in the seats and we go Lets Win the Series, we don't have to go "Green: Lets win the Series; End Green"

;)

Is the idea behind chancing the seats to be more comfortable?  No.

It just looks so much better.

I hate the current seats.

I couldn't care less what color the seats are.

They could be orange, purple, taupe, mauve, chartreuse or pink.

About 17 out of 10,000 mini-micros***s on the "Give-A-s*** Scale".

I only notice the seats when I'm looking for mine.

It's just not worth the amount of thought and debate devoted to this non-issue.

IMO, of course...

I couldn't care less what color the seats are.

They could be orange, purple, taupe, mauve, chartreuse or pink.

About 17 out of 10,000 mini-micros***s on the "Give-A-s*** Scale".

I only notice the seats when I'm looking for mine.

It's just not worth the amount of thought and debate devoted to this non-issue.

IMO, of course...

its not worth the money to top it all off.

The money that would go to the seats have nothing to do with player money.

It can be used for rennovations only, might as well use it for that.

Doesn't matter.

It's a non-issue to me.

But whatever - if they change them or not, it's all the same to me.

I'm happy that they got rid of that horrific roof - now THAT was a f***in' eyesore.

Believe it or not, the technology necessary to produce a black paint that does not get increasingly hotter does exist.  In fact, I think it was being pondered by the front office at some point in time.

doesnt matter, this is all part of the rennovation plan that was laid out when US cellular was brought in to buy the stadium rights. The outfield wall was changed to green, the upper level looks awesome now. The left field project is going to make a nice impression, and the blue seats are going to be gone. This is all made to reverse the terrible mess which was the flying saucer that was the new comiskey. The trend nowadays is to make the parks all look old school, and this is one of the steps

doesnt matter, this is all part of the rennovation plan that was laid out when US cellular was brought in to buy the stadium rights.  The outfield wall was changed to green, the upper level looks awesome now.  The left field project is going to make a nice impression, and the blue seats are going to be gone.  This is all made to reverse the terrible mess which was the flying saucer that was the new comiskey.  The trend nowadays is to make the parks all look old school, and this is one of the steps

Thanks...I suppose. :huh:

Is there any comfort difference between green and blue?  :unsure:

No, but empty green seats won't stand out as much on TV since the color is not as loud. The empty blue seats really jumped out at you since the color was such a contrast from the rest of the park. That's the REAL reason for the change. ;)