1. 1. Is Utah certain for an "at large" bid

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cal gets bumped out without losing, then the BCS will have hell to pay. Cal has had a great season, losing only to the #1 team in the nation by 6 points and blowing the rest of the teams out.

Boise State is such a joke in the top 10 of the BCS. Here is their schedule.

Sep 4 vs Idaho W, 65-7

Sep 10 vs Oregon State W, 53-34 (solid team)

Sep 18 at UTEP W, 47-31 (pretty good team)

Sep 24 vs BYU W, 28-27

Oct 2 vs SMU W, 38-20

Oct 16 at Tulsa W, 45-42

Oct 23 vs Fresno State W, 33-16 (solid team)

Oct 29 vs Hawaii W, 69-3

Nov 13 at San Jose State W, 56-49

Nov 20 vs Louisiana Tech W, 55-14

Nov 27 at Nevada 7:45 PM

How can that possibly, POSSIBLY, warrant a BCS bowl? Almost any team in the top 25 could face that schedule and have a decent chance to be undefeated. I mean come on, they almost got beat by Tulsa, San Jose State, and BYU.

Personally, I would rather go back to the old system and abandon the BCS. I have no problem with a little controversy over who is #1 (that has existed forever), but the BCS just has too many guarantees, which causes twists and turns.

Make the bowl games end on Jan 1. (or Jan. 2 at the absolute latest) and get on with it. If co-champs exist, BFD! It has happened many times over the years and everyone has survived quite nicely.

PS - I expect to be in the minority on this one :)

:lol:

It's a f***ing opinion, god damn.

It's not a knock on BC as it is praise to Miami.

They also lost to the same Wake team that Miami beat by 45. :lolhitting

BC has lost two games by a total of six points. They went in and beat Notre Dame, something the Big Ten Champion Michigan Wolverines were unsuccessful at doing. They completely dominated West Virginia, beat a good Uconn team.

Your completely overlooking this Boston College team. They play to there competition, I think they could handle Miami, Utah, Oklahoma or anyone else thrown at them in the Fiesta or Sugar if they win tommorow.

BC has lost two games by a total of six points.  They went in and beat Notre Dame, something the Big Ten Champion Michigan Wolverines were unsuccessful at doing.  They completely dominated West Virginia, beat a good Uconn team.

Your completely overlooking this Boston College team.  They play to there competition, I think they could handle Miami, Utah, Oklahoma or anyone else thrown at them in the Fiesta or Sugar if they win tommorow.

BC is a very solid team.. but I do not think they would beat any BCS team except Utah.. and that would be a tough game..

WV was very overrated.. and the Big East as a whole was a very weak conference.. but I am not taking anything away from BC.. If they win their conf. then they deserve to be where they are

BC is a very solid team.. but I do not think they would beat any BCS team except Utah.. and that would be a tough game..

WV was very overrated.. and the Big East as a whole was a very weak conference.. but I am not taking anything away from BC.. If they win their conf. then they deserve to be where they are

deserve might be a strong word........ they deserve it because of the system, not because they are one of the best teams in the country.

I've seen more UT Longhorns than any team this season and from what I saw, they could have won almost any other conference in the nation. Their only loss was to Oklahoma, who may be the best team in the nation. I would have a hard time leaving them out, again.

As much as I dislike Mack and the Longhorns, Texsox's point is one that not many pay attention to. How many teams in the nation can beat Stoops? He has his program at OU on a dominant level, similar to what Bowden at FSU had in the mid-late 90's when UNC fans whined because Mack would win every game except against FSU, now Texas and other fans do the same about OU. Mack has come close a few times to OU and will get a win against them in the near future, they are getting the top QB recruit in the nation next year and that will help, but losing Peterson to OU really hurt. OU has been getting the best of the best Texas players the past few years.

The harder argument is whether Cal or Texas deserves the bid more, thats one I don't even want to attempt.

deserve might be a strong word........  they deserve it because of the system, not because they are one of the best teams in the country.

No, if they win the Big East, they deserve the auto bid

Its not BC's fault that Va Tech and Miami left..

but it doesnt matter, because BC is going to the ACC next year anyways :lol:

I've seen more UT Longhorns than any team this season and from what I saw, they could have won almost any other conference in the nation. Their only loss was to Oklahoma, who may be the best team in the nation. I would have a hard time leaving them out, again.

The reason they will be left out is because they cant beat OU.. Lets say they beat OU and lose to Oklahoma State (The game they made the HUGE comeback) I think that they would be in a BCS bowl

but its the fact that OU has year in and out slapped Texas in the face.. And thats why I think they will not get in..

I picked Texas to go to the National Title game, but again OU has stopped them once again.. I seriously dont think they will ever get to a BCS game unless they find a way to beat OU.. Or OU somehow just sucks and they win the South

No, if they win the Big East, they deserve the auto bid

Its not BC's fault that Va Tech and Miami left..

but it doesnt matter, because BC is going to the ACC next year anyways  :lol:

I guess we look at things differently. Like I said, they deserve it only because of the system that is in place. There is no way they could make a case for being on of the top 8 teams in the country.

BC played a crap schedule, I don't care who left their conference. While they are a solid team, I do not feel they deserve to be anywhere near a BCS bowl.

JMHO

I guess we look at things differently.  Like I said, they deserve it only because of the system that is in place.  There is no way they could make a case for being on of the top 8 teams in the country. 

BC played a crap schedule, I don't care who left their conference.  While they are a solid team, I do not feel they deserve to be anywhere near a BCS bowl. 

JMHO

I never said that they are a top 8 team.. all im saying is if the earn the automatic bid, then I wont hold it against them for being in the BCS