why I will not by tickets this year

FredGarcia99

The white sox will not do anything or very little this offseason and probably will not improve this baseball team.

All of the players we talk about on this site such as randy johnson and jason kendall and carlos delgado and even Carl Pavano the sox are like the third team in the race. All of this crap kw and managment are saying about flying under the radar is an excuse of basically saying we cant get anyone because we believe that willie harris is the answer.

I expect soxfest this year to be like last years in which a near fight breaks out. Let me tell you guys something as of right now im very close to just basically saying I will not spend a lot of my money on the white sox.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The white sox will not do anything or very little this offseason and probably will not improve this baseball team.

All of the players we talk about on this site such as randy johnson and jason kendall and carlos delgado and even Carl Pavano the sox are like the third team in the race. All of this crap kw and managment are saying about flying under the radar is an excuse of basically saying we cant get anyone because we believe that willie harris is the answer.

I expect soxfest this year to be like last years in which a near fight breaks out. Let me tell you guys something as of right now im very close to just basically saying I will not spend a lot of my money on the white sox.

I will buy tickets this year

I figured if I went to 15-20 games last year, that I'd be doing my part in White Sox baseball funds, but here now I see that we can only sign Walker as a free agent, why bother, I mean this guy brings up a good point.

I'm not expecting Delgado or Beltran...but I am expecting a Renteria, a Pavano or some splash like that.

The Cubs are a good example. They make some mid level signings that are a 60/40 chance of working out. They may not have the greatest farm system either, though they get by...I'm not saying we need the Yankees or Boston team, but a little better than Oakland's cheap ass owner type team.

Seriously, take a chance now, can't u make one splash for a free agent? Kendall fell through, as expected, but why not one of these guys?

Perez, Pavano, Morris, Lowe, Clement...starting pitchers

Varitek, Matheny...catchers

Drew, Dye...outfielders

Renteria, Garciaparra, Aurilia, Cabrera...shortstop

Does KW realize that you can't win playoff games with Harris at second, Borchard in right, Gload at first, Burke at catcher, and a plethera of pitchers at the No. 5 spot?

(***Assume that if the White Sox wanted to sign some of these guys I have mentions, they would trade the rumored Garland and Konerko to clear salary.)

A lot of people take the same attitude with the Slackhawks and since Reinsy wants to take the same tack with the Sox I can certainly see the logic of your post. Most Sox fans aren't at that point yet but with no end in sight to the mediocrity how far off can that be?

I'm as antsy as anyone but it's only 11/26. If we get to Soxfest and we haven't done anything, then we all have the right to be angry. Let's try to practice a little more patience. The market is really only in the preliminary stages so there is plenty of time left. On a side note, I'm curious why there was no announced push to court Randy Johnson last weekend when he was in chicago at a card show.

That'll send a message.

HE WASN'T SIGNED TO BE ON THE TEAM!

People...this Walker guy wasn't signed to be on our staff it is a minor league move.

The offseason isn't over yet...

You know, you are right, but I mean by now you could have an idea of what the Sox are doing in the off-season...

You know, you are right, but I mean by now you could have an idea of what the Sox are doing in the off-season...

How many guys have the Yankees signed? The Red Sox? The Angels? The Cubs? The Dodgers? No one has done anything yet. There has been one decent trade made, and no big free agent signings. Why is everyone going nuts already? Go eat some leftovers and relax people.

How many guys have the Yankees signed?  The Red Sox?  The Angels?  The Cubs?  The Dodgers?  No one has done anything yet.  There has been one decent trade made, and no big free agent signings.  Why is everyone going nuts already?  Go eat some leftovers and relax people.

Every team you mentioned but the Cubs (big surprise) made the playoffs last season.

But give it a few months. There's plenty of offseason left (to be disappointed).

Every team you mentioned but the Cubs (big surprise) made the playoffs last season.

But give it a few months. There's plenty of offseason left (to be disappointed).

And that is exactly my point. Even the teams that get 3 million fans to show up, haven't signed anyone yet, why is it a suprise that the Sox haven't?

The Yanks have had their eyes on R Johnson and Pedro all along. Freddie was a distant 3rd or 4th.

So when your first or second choice turns you down, you should move on? Interesting...

Pedro wasn't available at the trading deadline last year, and RJ wouldn't approve a trade. Garcia was the best available pitcher at the deadline.

What does age have to do with anything the Yankees have done in the past? They're always dealing for players that are PROVEN. And to be PROVEN, you need time in the major leagues and age.

Get over it.

Let's see...he said Garcia was the best young pitcher on the market.

Then SS said the Yankees felt he was the best young pitcher on the market.

THE ORIGINAL POST SAID YOUNG PITCHER!

What does age have to do with anything the Yankees have done in the past? They're always dealing for players that are PROVEN. And to be PROVEN, you need time in the major leagues and age.

Get over it.

Because my post said YOUNG. Rising pichers who have potential but haven't yet harnessed it completely like Randy or Pedro.

Pedro wasn't available at the trading deadline last year, and RJ wouldn't approve a trade.  Garcia was the best available pitcher at the deadline.

RJ would have approved a trade to the Yanks. He said as much before the trading deadline. But since the Yanks are always dealing for PROVEN ML talent, the Yanks didn't have the young minor league talent for AZ to approve any RJ to NY deal.

RJ would have approved a trade to the Yanks. He said as much before the trading deadline. But since the Yanks are always dealing for PROVEN ML talent, the Yanks didn't have the young minor league talent for AZ to approve any RJ to NY deal.

I don't believe that's the case.

I have lots of family in the Phoenix area and they watch the media and the situation with the D-Backs closely.

The way I understand it, Johnson told D-Backs management he did not want to be traded (last summer), period. The D-Backs and Yankees may have matched up in talent, but RJ would not waive the no-trade clause.

CK ... did you hear your version from the same place you heard Seattle wanted Borchard, and KW gave them Reed instead?

thats stupid man... not going to any games because they didnt sign anyone.. whats that gonna prove?

Apparently you live in Chicago and you can go see the Sox play whenever you want, unlike me who lives in Houston and never gets to see them.. You should just be glad you can see your favorite team play

CK ... did you hear your version from the same place you heard Seattle wanted Borchard, and KW gave them Reed instead?

I didn't say Seattle wanted Borchard and if I did, it was merely speculation after someone else posted the specifics.

Johnson's list of teams he would accept a trade to before the trading deadline was reported by ESPN during the weeks leading up to the TD.