why I will not by tickets this year

FredGarcia99

I didn't say Seattle wanted Borchard and if I did, it was merely speculation after someone else posted the specifics.

Johnson's list of teams he would accept a trade to before the trading deadline was reported by ESPN during the weeks leading up to the TD.

What you said about Borchard was that KW could have given him to Seattle in the Garcia deal but that KW stupidly gave them Reed instead.

It was also reported at the trade deadline, and before, that Johnson might or might not approve any deal, whether it was the Yankees or whomever. At the deadline, it was even stated on the D-Backs website that RJ would not approve any trade, period ... he wouldn't waive the no-trade.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you said about Borchard was that KW could have given him to Seattle in the Garcia deal but that KW stupidly gave them Reed instead.

It was also reported at the trade deadline, and before, that Johnson might or might not approve any deal, whether it was the Yankees or whomever.  At the deadline, it was even stated on the D-Backs website that RJ would not approve any trade, period ... he wouldn't waive the no-trade.

That was me that was talking about the Borchard thing.

That was me that was talking about the Borchard thing.

This was just within the last week or so ... Steff and quickman added their .02 on the issue ... I will have to look but I'm almost positive it wasn't you Nuke in the very recent past.

EDIT: My apologies to CubKilla, it was Nuke who said that about Borchard. Nuke, I went back and looked at the posts, it was you who said it.

HE WASN'T SIGNED TO BE ON THE TEAM!

People...this Walker guy wasn't signed to be on our staff it is a minor league move.

The offseason isn't over yet...

That's not completely true.... He was guaranteed $100,000 of the deal, so it was not strictly a minor league move. I'd call it insurance for the pen.

That's not completely true.... He was guaranteed $100,000 of the deal, so it was not strictly a minor league move.  I'd call it insurance for the pen.

Ok, well people are making it out like this was our FA splash and he will play a big role on our team...

Ok, well people are making it out like this was our FA splash and he will play a big role on our team...

Those people have no life........ If assumptions are being made about the whole offseason based on what has happened before Dec. 1, they either don't know the game very well or have too much time on their hands to overreact.

Does KW realize that you can't win playoff games with Harris at second, Borchard in right, Gload at first, Burke at catcher, and a plethera of pitchers at the No. 5 spot?

I bet Kenny knows a lot more on how to win baseball games than a lot of people on this board (I'll leave it at that)...

This Thread sucks.....

COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS IF WE ARE IN THE SAME POSITION COME MARCH. The winter meetings haven't even happened yet. Common. If I remember correctly, the Sox didn't trade for Colon til after the new year. And that was a pretty big offseason aquisition.

For now lets not talk about the why nots and what ifs in baseball, lets watch some bad football and basketball in Chicago...; :headbang :headbang :headbang

lets watch some bad football and basketball in Chicago...

Hey, at least the NHL lockout spared us all some bad hockey this winter... :D

On topic, I'm not yet concerned about the lack of movement, since it's been relatively slow all around. If guys start getting snapped up left and right and the Sox are left to go bottom-feeding, THEN I'll start to get a little pissed off.

..but that still won't stop me from seeing my usual 5-10 games or so - I'm not going to deny myself a fun day/night at the park with my wife and kid just cuz the Sox didn't get ___________ ( fill in name of coveted FA or trade-eligible player here ).

I bet Kenny knows a lot more on how to win baseball games than a lot of people on this board (I'll leave it at that)...

Yeah right took over a division winner in 2000 and has done nothing as far as winning since, which in worst division in baseball is pathetic.

Yeah right took over a division winner in 2000 and has done nothing as far as winning since, which in worst division in baseball is pathetic.

He took over a division winner that alot of players had career years in and all in all in all it was a fluky ass year. No one can really deny that and if they do they are just foolish.

The 2000 Sox were one of the biggest flukes in Chicago sports history. Get over 2000 already. It was a fun year, but was not a championship caliber team. Schueler just threw a bunch of players together, and hoped the mixed well...which they did. They had a rotation of Baldwin-Parque-Sirotka-Eldred-whoever, a patchwork bullpen, and an offense that just took off. They were also fortunate enough that KC, Detroit, and Minnesota were all terrible(again), and Cleveland was riddled by injuries.

There was a reason they were swept in the playoffs(Foulke and Manuel), and there was a reason they would have lost anyways.

This is not mentioning one of the most overhyped minor league systems in the game at the time. How many players from that minor league system came up and produced very good results at the major league level? As of right now, I can think of a couple...Wells did in Pittsburgh, Rowand and Buehrle have here...and while I'm sure I'm missing a few, there were not many more other then that that have been any good.

KW, in the technicality of it, did take over a division winner. That team was not a perenial championship team though.

Man, if we only kept Jeff Abbott, Chris Singleton, Mark Johnson, Jim Parque and Jesus f***ing Pena, who knows how many championships we would have won.

Damn you Kenny! :P

The white sox will not do anything or very little this offseason and probably will not improve this baseball team.

All of the players we talk about on this site such as randy johnson and jason kendall and carlos delgado and even Carl Pavano the sox are like the third team in the race. All of this crap kw and managment are saying about flying under the radar is an excuse of basically saying we cant get anyone because we believe that willie harris is the answer.

I expect soxfest this year to be like last years in which a near fight breaks out. Let me tell you guys something as of right now im very close to just basically saying I will not spend a lot of my money on the white sox.

b****, b****, b****.

You want to know what a fan is? Somebody that'd watch their team play in the middle of the Chicago projects in the bulk of the winter with no jacket. And they'd pay whatever they could afford to see it.

Or rather just somebody that roots for them even if they suck. Either way.

This Thread sucks.....

COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS IF WE ARE IN THE SAME POSITION COME MARCH.  The winter meetings haven't even happened yet.  Common.  If I remember correctly, the Sox didn't trade for Colon til after the new year.  And that was a pretty big offseason aquisition. 

For now lets not talk about the why nots and what ifs in baseball, lets watch some bad football and basketball in Chicago...; :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

You know that Chicago sports is in a sad state when football and basketball are less important than speculation about what the next Sox offseason moves will be.

Debating what the right and wrong moves are here on soxtalk is FAR more entertaining than watching the Bears or Bulls stink up another game.

b****, b****, b****.

You want to know what a fan is? Somebody that'd watch their team play in the middle of the Chicago projects in the bulk of the winter with no jacket. And they'd pay whatever they could afford to see it.

Or rather just somebody that roots for them even if they suck. Either way.

Nobody here is talking about renouncing their loyalty to the Sox and going over to the dark side of the force ( Spankees, Twins, Flubbs etc...) and as admission paying fans they have a right to b**** and complain about what our management does.

/still roots for the Sox even they are decidedly mediocre and will probably be that way next season.

Nobody here is talking about renouncing their loyalty to the Sox and going over to the dark side of the force ( Spankees, Twins, Flubbs etc...) and as admission paying fans they have a right to b**** and complain about what our management does.

/still roots for the Sox even they are decidedly mediocre and will probably be that way next season.

Sorry, Nuke, but this guy's rant screams of someone either not smart enough to understand how things work, is wound way too tight or just flat out has too much time on their hands.

Ranting about refusing to buy tickets because of what has happened to this point, does not strike me as being anywhere close to a fan, unless you want to add bandwagon in front of it.

Yeah man. I'm with you! KW hasn't done s*** and we're gonna be stuck with another sorry-ass, pathetic excuse for a ballclub this year and we're gonna be cellar-dwellers with no end in sight because no big-time players would come here and we're stuck with the same old s*** and...........isn't today April 4, 2005? :ph34r:

Relax, dude. KW will make some sort of splash this offseason. But give the poor guy some time to make a deal.