Rule 5 Option #1

SkokieSox

Andy Sisco of the Chicago Cubs is to be risked in the Rule 5 draft. He's a 6' 9" lefty who can throw 90-93, but up to 95. He's a starter who still needs a little polish, but is a former second round draft pick with some real good upside. Cub's fans have been talking all year about how their pitching prospects are the best around, and all have included this guy as part of their reasoning. Not that Cub's fans know what the hell they are talking about, but this guy sounds like someone to take a risk on. Supposedly the Cubs are under the assumption that no one will keep the guy on their roster all year long. However, if we choose to give him back, a $25,000 gamble doesn't seem inappropriate to me.

I agree with you on Sisco but IMO he'll be long gone by the time the White Sox pick. One of the lower level teams would love to get a shot at him.

The other lefthander that's intriguing is Luke Haggerty. I seem to recall the White Sox having some interest in him going into that draft, not positive. Cubs sure have a lot of guys sitting out there.