Possible Bush Assassination Attempt Foiled

MinnesotaSoxFan

Minny and all others:

When you start a thread, make it clear in the title what its about. I don't care so much if it's something that doesn't have anything to do with anything, but don't have a thread title like "Bush Assassinated..." because people will get all in a hubbub. I went ahead and changed it...

Minny and all others:

When you start a thread, make it clear in the title what its about. I don't care so much if it's something that doesn't have anything to do with anything, but don't have a thread title like "Bush Assassinated..." because people will get all in a hubbub. I went ahead and changed it...

Sorry...I'll make sure to do that next time...

The FARC is involved in narco-trafficking (basically running protection rackets for the numerous cartels) but so are the right wing paramilitary organizations (some of which like the AUC, also deemed a terrorist organization, getting assistance from the Colombian government). They've both been found to be in bed with the narco-traffickers. It's not that they agree with the cartels on either side but it's simple funding for their military operations, weapons smuggling etc.

The DEA even stated that narco-trafficking is primarily the act of the elites, including many in the government of Colombia. I vaguely remember that US general whose wife was running drugs for the cartels.

The FARC are a bunch of kidnapping bastards (talked to a guy whose aunt was kidnapped by the FARC and executed) but so are the right wing paramilitaries and "government" that Bush was praising during his time in Colombia. The sad fact is that for most farmers there, the only crop they can grow and sell to have enough cash to survive is the coca plant (when purified, it makes cocaine)

http://www.cfrterrorism.org/groups/farc.html -- has info on the paramilitaries, FARC and ELN. -- Best quote from that is from the government paramilitaries -- An AUC spokesman said recently that, to improve its public image, the group would no longer execute more than three people in any one attack.

http://www.cfrterrorism.org/groups/farc.html -- has info on the paramilitaries, FARC and ELN. -- Best quote from that is from the government paramilitaries -- An AUC spokesman said recently that, to improve its public image, the group would no longer execute more than three people in any one attack.

LOL! What a wonderful place to call home.