Lemon Law

Soxy

So, I bought a new-ish (2003--warranty still good) Taurus this past march. Since then I have taken it to the dealer to be fixed 6 or 7 times because it leaks and I will sometimes have an inch or more of standing water in my car after it rains. I have to take it AGAIN because when I can back from vacay there was a good 1.25 inches on the floor... I bought it in Illinois, but it has since been re-titled, liscensed, etc out in NY State since I've moved out there.

So, my question is what do I do? Anyone know where to start?

So, I bought a new-ish (2003--warranty still good) Taurus this past march. Since then I have taken it to the dealer to be fixed 6 or 7 times because it leaks and I will sometimes have an inch or more of standing water in my car after it rains. I have to take it AGAIN because when I can back from vacay there was a good 1.25 inches on the floor... I bought it in Illinois, but it has since been re-titled, liscensed, etc out in NY State since I've moved out there.

So, my question is what do I do? Anyone know where to start?

IIRC the lemon laws only pertain to new vehicles.

I would start with a dealer, what are they telling you? Have you been able to determine what is leaking? Will it leak just going through a car wash?

One great avenue is Tom Martino, he has a radio show and really gets results with consumer complaints, as long as you have a legitimate issue.