"Dan Rather got smeared"

southsider2k5

Saw that. Interesting piece. Makes a good point though. Carl Cameron files a fake news story on foxnews.com during the campaign, but there were no "Carl Cameron Must Go" commercials anywhere. Dan Rather makes a mistake, retracts and apologizes for it, even though the documents don't invalidate the rest of the story - and he's basically lynched for it.

I'm no Dan Rather fan, or O'Reilly fan, but he's right - the guy was smeared. Too bad O'Reilly didn't speak up when it counted.

Saw that. Interesting piece. Makes a good point though. Carl Cameron files a fake news story on foxnews.com during the campaign, but there were no "Carl Cameron Must Go" commercials anywhere. Dan Rather makes a mistake, retracts and apologizes for it, even though the documents don't invalidate the rest of the story - and he's basically lynched for it.

I'm no Dan Rather fan, or O'Reilly fan, but he's right - the guy was smeared. Too bad O'Reilly didn't speak up when it counted.

Comparing Carl Cameron to Dan Rather is like comparing Mark Eaton to Lebron James

Let's bring up Neil Cavuto saying "Am I slanted and biased? You damn well bet I am" or saying that OBL was wearing a Kerry button in his Nov. 1 speech. Or how about Ollie North who should be rotting in a prison right now being given a show, or Sean Hannity's numerous lies and distortions that he doesn't apologize for.

If one is angry at Rather for making a mistake then one should also take the entire Fox News Channel to task for their lax policies in fact checking and being "fair and balanced". And for journalistic integrity: A report in the Los Angeles Times on November 1, 2003 quoted Charlie Reina, a former FOX News producer, saying FOX News executives require the network's on-air anchors and reporters to cover news stories from a right-wing viewpoint and distributed a daily memo explaining what stories to highlight and how to report them. You can read the memos online.

Really? Carl Cameron is the Chief Political Correspondent at Fox News.

Or are you just saying that the Fox News news gathering organization simply pales in comparison to CBS?

sh*t Fox News simply pales in comparison to The Springfield Daily Shopper. (think Simpsons)

Shutton: Uh, Dave Shutton, Springfield Daily Shopper. Who are you?

Where are you going?

Kent: Oh, do your research, Shutton! Uh, Kent Brockman, Channel Six

News. How does it feel to be accused of the attempted murder

of your boss and mentor?

Smithers: Kent, I...I feel about as low as Madonna when she found out

she missed Tailhook.

Kent: Oh. I'm going to say "Ouch" for Madonna!