Sox/johnson news

shagar69

Ok, here's what this tells you:

A, Sox never made that offer because Arizona isn't getting a better offer from anywhere else thus far and the crap the Yanks have in their system ain't going to make it worth while.

B, RJ has given a list of teams and the Sox aren't on it. Even then, I think the Sox and Dbacks would still work and hope they could convince RJ. So I don't think this is the case.

C, Dbacks want Yanks involved cause it may bring the RedSox or someone else in that previously wasn't involved and could cause someone else to offer more.

D, the Dbacks are still in hold mode and are talking with RJ and something still has to get figured out.

My guess is its either A or D with a mix of C in either case. I think Gammons and everyone else reporting a deal almost done is completely wrong, unless of course A happens to be true and the Sox never made that offer, in which case the Dbacks could very well be doing something.

But if that offer is on the table then Arizona would have to consider it and should take it. They aren't quite ready yet though, imo, as they are waiting to see what Sexson does still.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's way too much for Johnson. Let New York have him.

Vazquez and two prospects... these better not be the overrated prospects and some actual good ones. In any case, PK,JG,BA >>> JV and 2 Yank prospects. RJ must have said no to Chicago.

Kenny has given up a lot of prospects in the last 2 or 3 years and we have nothing to show for it. Last year might have been more frustarting than the others though when we gave up 5 prospects for two retreads and both got hurt for most of the time with the Sox.

You don't give up the farm...

When Rick Hahn was on ESPN 1000's "Hot Stove Program," he talked about that 3 year board, and I remember him saying McCarthy is part of it. He may have also said Anderson was part of it (I can't remember exactly,) but he also said the only player that KW traded that was on that board was Olivo.

That board is very interesting. The board changes. For instance if we trade a guy then he wasn't on the board. Since nobody has actually seen this board its hard to detrmine who the hell is on it. Furthermore after every draft the board changes. I would Suppose that Josh fields is on the board. That probably means someone got dropped from the board. Until that stupid board is printed somewhere, the Sox will continue to play games with the media and fans.

Ok, here's what this tells you:

A, Sox never made that offer because Arizona isn't getting a better offer from anywhere else thus far and the crap the Yanks have in their system ain't going to make it worth while.

B, RJ has given a list of teams and the Sox aren't on it.  Even then, I think the Sox and Dbacks would still work and hope they could convince RJ.  So I don't think this is the case.

C, Dbacks want Yanks involved cause it may bring the RedSox or someone else in that previously wasn't involved and could cause someone else to offer more. 

D, the Dbacks are still in hold mode and are talking with RJ and something still has to get figured out.

My guess is its either A or D with a mix of C in either case.  I think Gammons and everyone else reporting a deal almost done is completely wrong, unless of course A happens to be true and the Sox never made that offer, in which case the Dbacks could very well be doing something.

But if that offer is on the table then Arizona would have to consider it and should take it.  They aren't quite ready yet though, imo, as they are waiting to see what Sexson does still.

Actaully it tells me that the sox may have talked about those players and even offered them but RJ doesn't want to play here. It really doesn't matter what we offered them if RJ nixes it...its done.

The Yankees and Phillies are beginning talks again for a deal that was discussed just before the trade deadline. It is a Kenny Lofton for Marlon Byrd swap.

So you're saying, who cares? If this trade goes down, Lofton will be moved to free up the 'cluttered' CF position in NY, with Byrd most likely moving on in a package to the D-Backs for RJ. This one trade is most likely the beginning movement for the Yankees that puts RJ in their rotation and Beltran in CF.

I'm sorry but Brian Anderson is our future.

Wow, all this time I've left and you still spew this kind of stuff. Excuse me, but do you close to anything about Brian Anderson? He is not a franchise type player, and I'm quite amused that the sticking point to the trade for you at least is Brian Anderson.

f***, I wouldn't even understand people crying about Sweeney or Young in exchange for Johnson. But I've been through this argument before and people are still naive enough to believe that the White Sox have a chance to win the World Series through the farm system. We don't.

Kenny has given up a lot of prospects in the last 2 or 3 years and we have nothing to show for it. Last year might have been more frustarting than the others though when we gave up 5 prospects for two retreads and both got hurt for most of the time with the Sox.

You don't give up the farm...

Agreed, so far we have given a ton of propects, and have not a thing to show for it. Other than watching the Twins win Divsion after Divsion.

hmmm

Maybe it is cause they actually have a GM.. maybe the Sox should learn to get one of those.

Agreed, so far we have given a ton of propects, and have not a thing to show for it.  Other than watching the Twins win Divsion after Divsion.

hmmm

Maybe it is cause they actually have a GM.. maybe the Sox should learn to get one of those.

....and what do any of those prospects we gave up have to show?

Frankie Francisco can show you his mugshot, but that's about it.

5750.gif

He kinda looks like Bettlejuice from the Howard Stern show. :lol: