A new bike...?

Steff

For Christmas, little Patrick asked for a 10-speed bicycle. His

Father said, "Son, we'd give you one, but the mortgage on this house is $80,000 & your mother just lost her job. There's no way we can afford it."

The next day the father saw little Patrick heading out the front

door with a suitcase. So he asked, "Son, where are you going?" Little Patrick told him, "I was walking past your room last night heard you telling mom you were pulling out. Then I heard her tell you to wait because she was coming too. And I'll be damned if I'm staying here by myself with an $80,000 mortgage & no bike!"

Another cute joke...

A tourist in Washington decided to leave his tour group and do a little exploring on his own. He had a great time wandering through various neighborhoods, stopping at some bars for a couple drinks, taking in the local culture.

After a bit he found himself in a very high class neighborhood near the White House -- no bars, no restaurants, and worst of all -- no public restrooms. His distress was becoming more acute by the minute. All those drinks had taken a toll. He found a narrow side street and decided the use a wall to solve his problem.

Just as he was unzipping, he was tapped on the shoulder by a Secret Service agent who said, "Beggging your pardon sir, you simply can't do that here."

"I'm very sorry," said the tourist, "but I really, really have to go and I can't find a public restroom."

"Ah yes," said the agent, "please follow me." Whereupon he was led to a back alley and along a wall to a gate. The agent opened the gate and said, "Just go anywhere you like in there."

To his amazement the tourist found himself in the most beautiful garden he'd ever seen -- manicured lawns, statuary, sculptured hedges and flowers everywhere in perfect bloom. Since he had the Secret Service agent's blessing, he urburdened himself on a handy tree and went back out the gate where the agent stood guard. "That was really decent of you, officer," he said. "Is that what you call White House hospitality?"

"No sir," said the Secret Service agent. "It's what we call the French Embassy."

smiley-6430.pngpiss.gif

Edited by southsider2k4