FA Pitching

USAF_11F4H

Zoom, if we had my plan in place from the start of last years off season all of you people would be jumping up for joy...

If you want I can lay it out for you, on how we would have one of the best teams in the AL, with the right moves, we were in postion to make us up ther with the yankees and REd Sox even with our payroll.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zoom, if we had my plan in place from the start of last years off season all of you people would be jumping up for joy...

If you want I can lay it out for you, on how we would have one of the best teams in the AL, with the right moves, we were in postion to make us up ther with the yankees and REd Sox even with our payroll.

So let me get this straight, you KNOW FOR A FACT that your plan would work. I would love to hear this.

PS, do the players/agents/lawyers/owners/GMs/etc. know about your perfect plan? Why don't you have a job as a GM somewhere, oh humble one?

:lolhitting :lolhitting

Now that was a good laugh... :lolhitting

OK I'll feed the troll...

You post your "plan"... I will systematically tear it to shreds.

So let me get this straight, you KNOW FOR A FACT that your plan would work.  I would love to hear this. 

PS, do the players/agents/lawyers/owners/GMs/etc. know about your perfect plan?  Why don't you have a job as a GM somewhere, oh humble one?

You seem like a older guy.. you should know

Its not what you know its who you know.. Just ask KW about that

I post it in another post to get this one back to the topic of FA pitching.

You seem like a older guy.. you should know

Its not what you know its who you know.. Just ask KW about that

I post it in another post to get this one back to the topic of FA pitching.

Ahhh, so what you are saying is, the man's keeping you down. I believe there are some local minor league teams you could start at...the Cougars, Jackhammers and Flyers to name a few. If you are as good as you say you are, you should be the next Theo Epstein. Or will you be the next MC Hammer with the A's? Hmmm.

Yep all those moves gave us How many AL central Titles? AL pennants? WS Titles?

Enlgish may be hard, but I can figure simple math

So here comes another KW move to grab a 1/2 ass pitcher.

awww someone has PMS

His "1/2 ass" pitching pickups have been anything but half ass, when you consider the difference between the staff he has amassed vs the garage sale crew that won the AL central for us several years. I wouldnt not entirely blame it all on his FA's considering they have worked out for the better.

I would take Colon, Reed and Olivo over Garcia, davis and empty OF

Now how much more is it going to cost us for an OF ?

Navvaro was the worst signing in Sox history.. could have had Roger Clemens, but Ronny said he was washed up... :chair

Why would I not be allowed to post?  I only speak the truth.  :headbang

BTW-thats your new catch phrase- 2 out of the three players you named were in serious question last year of even keeping their spots in the lineup. Colon's poor performance in the first half of the year brought about second guesses about his fitness, dedication and worth. Olivo is simply not hacking it in Seattle which is why they are looking to replace him. Explain to me how you would prefer over paying for an overweight inconsistent pitcher, and a catcher who is about to lose his job. Colon's contract would have definatley hindered any dealings we would of had with any FA's including killing any felxibility to deal this season.

I would take Colon, Reed and Olivo over Garcia, davis and empty OF

Now how much more is it going to cost us for an OF ?

Navvaro was the worst signing in Sox history.. could have had Roger Clemens, but Ronny said he was washed up... :chair

Why would I not be allowed to post?  I only speak the truth.  :headbang

I'm going to answer the question at the end of the quoted post. I'm going to start with a little history lesson. When you first came on to the board, the two of us started bickering after you became verbally abusive. After a while, I backed off, offered you a proverbial peace pipe and things were cool. However, since that time, I have basically just watched you and your methods of "discussing" things on here without engaging you. I've occasionally put my two cents in, but for the most part I have just read what you have to say and how you go about saying it.

So, let me describe what I have seen. First off, you think you are smarter than anyone here or in the Sox front office. You're not. Not even close. You are convincing no one of your inflated intellect but yourself. There are some people in here who have proven over a period of time that they are reasonable, intelligent baseball fans. You are neither. You come across as obnoxious, overbearing and beligerent. You are rude and crude. You have insulted many respected Soxtalk posters and done so in such a manner that most people in here cannot wait for your bannishment or the ignore feature, whichever comes first.

As far as I am concerned, Soxtalk was a much more pleasant place before you joined and will be so after you are gone. Which I'm sure will not be long unless you change your approach.

I'm going to answer the question at the end of the quoted post. I'm going to start with a little history lesson.  When you first came on to the board, the two of us started bickering after you became verbally abusive.  After a while, I backed off, offered you a proverbial peace pipe and things were cool.  However, since that time, I have basically just watched you and your methods of "discussing" things on here without engaging you.  I've occasionally put my two cents in, but for the most part I have just read what you have to say and how you go about saying it.

So, let me describe what I have seen.  First off, you think you are smarter than anyone here or in the Sox front office.  You're not.  Not even close.  You are convincing no one of your inflated intellect but yourself.  There are some people in here who have proven over a period of time that they are reasonable, intelligent baseball fans.  You are neither.  You come across as obnoxious, overbearing and beligerent.  You are rude and crude.  You have insulted many respected Soxtalk posters and done so in such a manner that most people in here cannot wait for your bannishment or the ignore feature, whichever comes first. 

As far as I am concerned, Soxtalk was a much more pleasant place before you joined and will be so after you are gone.  Which I'm sure will not be long unless you change your approach.

:notworthy :headbang

I'm going to answer the question at the end of the quoted post. I'm going to start with a little history lesson.  When you first came on to the board, the two of us started bickering after you became verbally abusive.  After a while, I backed off, offered you a proverbial peace pipe and things were cool.  However, since that time, I have basically just watched you and your methods of "discussing" things on here without engaging you.  I've occasionally put my two cents in, but for the most part I have just read what you have to say and how you go about saying it.

So, let me describe what I have seen.  First off, you think you are smarter than anyone here or in the Sox front office.  You're not.  Not even close.  You are convincing no one of your inflated intellect but yourself.  There are some people in here who have proven over a period of time that they are reasonable, intelligent baseball fans.  You are neither.  You come across as obnoxious, overbearing and beligerent.  You are rude and crude.  You have insulted many respected Soxtalk posters and done so in such a manner that most people in here cannot wait for your bannishment or the ignore feature, whichever comes first. 

As far as I am concerned, Soxtalk was a much more pleasant place before you joined and will be so after you are gone.  Which I'm sure will not be long unless you change your approach.

1st off, I came to this board and brought fresh new ideas..and got jumped on becuase I don't want the players the board swears by. I defend my idea becuase I know what it takes to win, but more imporantly put fans in seats.

Lets put it this way, who are the avg Sox fans and the local media going to get more excited about

Polanco or Orlando Cabera?

Do you know the main reason why Cubs drew so well when they were losing? Other than Wriggley Feild? They had a superstar something this team has been missing since Bo left.

Now dont' get me wrong I want nothing more than the Sox to win, but lets face it we need people in the seats to attract the big time FA to come here. Yeah I love the fact that I bought my 2 season tickets and get three for free, but I would rather see the stadium filled every day like the old days. And by getting these "bums" such as Polanco, Wright, Dye.. Your Avg. Sox fans are not going to be rushing to the box office to get tickets, which we need. The only reason I was so gung-ho about the Randy Johnson deal is, for once it shows that the front office is finally learning that you need big time talent in here to both win and pack the place.

Lets face it, we all want the Sox to win..but I would love it to have to wait on a waiting list for season tickets also.. meaning people want to see this team.

I apologize to all of the good posters out there by continuing this hijacked topic, but i can't help it.

Anthrax, there is only one thing that puts butts in the seats...winning. Ballparks, while helpful, don't put butts in the seats. When was the last time Wrigley was full the entire year? Fenway sold every seat for every game for the first time in a looooong time last year. And I remember the 80's and early 90's when Yankee stadium had a buttload of empty seats.

Personally, I'll take all the players you mentioned if it would push them into the playoffs. RJ only pitches once every 5 days and half the time on the road, so that isn't going to make that big of a push in attendance.

White Sox fans want to see the team win...that's all.

White Sox fans want to see the team win...that's all.

While at a game in '03 sitting in front of JM wife, I said that.. and her response..

"We were winning in 2000 and they still didn't show up"

So winning is not enough, your team needs a superstar to put the fans in the seats. Both go hand and hand.

1st off,  I came to this board and brought fresh new ideas..and got jumped on becuase I don't want the players the board swears by. I defend my idea becuase I know what it takes to win,  but more imporantly put fans in seats.

Lets put it this way, who are the avg Sox fans and the local media going to get more excited about

Polanco or Orlando Cabera?

Do you know the main reason why Cubs drew so well when they were losing? Other than Wriggley Feild?  They had a superstar something this team has been missing since Bo left. 

Now dont' get me wrong I want nothing more than the Sox to win, but lets face it we need people in the seats to attract the big time FA to come here.  Yeah I love the fact that I bought my 2 season tickets and get three for free, but I would rather see the stadium filled every day like the old days. And by getting these "bums"  such as Polanco, Wright, Dye.. Your Avg. Sox fans are not going to be rushing to the box office to get tickets, which we need.  The only reason I was so gung-ho about the Randy Johnson deal is, for once it shows that the front office is finally learning that you need big time talent in here to both win and pack the place.

Lets face it, we all want the Sox to win..but I would love it to have to wait on a waiting list for season tickets also.. meaning people want to see this team.

It has nothing to do with what players you want vs. what players others want. It's all about attitude and the way you talk to people. I tried to open your eyes as to what's going on here as it pertains to you and all the battles you get into. Whether you take it in that light, or get defensive, well, that's up to you. Good luck to you.