Christmas gifts..

Steff

I bought this too.  Brought back some good memories from the days at the Odeum.

The only thing I know I want is a Tivo.  No ideas other than that.

Ahhhhhh, the Odeum.....

I remember when the Dudleyz tore into that Hogan wannabe who went to every show. They gave it to him kinda like the way they abused the fat guy on the DVD, but 10 times worse. Ripped into the guy's girlfriend until she cried, then Bubba screaming at him, "GET IN HERE AND KICK MY ASS, HOGAN! DEFEND HER HONOR...IF SHE HAS ANY!!! COME ON, HOGAN!!! YOU'RE GONNA LET ME TALK THAT WAY TO HER??? WHAT KIND OF MAN ARE YOU???"

....pure comedy gold.... :lol: :lol:

Actually, no.

I liked Rise Against before, but not enough to buy a CD.

Then I heard "Life Less Frightening" and "Give It All" on Local 101 and I HAD to get this disc!

:headbang

I love Life Less Frightening, one of the best choruses I've ever heard; Give it All is pretty solid too. State of the Union (the only real hardcore song on there, not necessarily a bad thing though) and Dancing For Rain are my other favorites. The only one that bugs me is the Tip the Scales, because the OoOoOAAaaAoOOooOOO in the background reminds me way too much of AFI. Overall a real solid disc, I still like RPM a bit more, but it's close.

Ahhhhhh, the Odeum.....

I remember when the Dudleyz tore into that Hogan wannabe who went to every show. They gave it to him kinda like the way they abused the fat guy on the DVD, but 10 times worse. Ripped into the guy's girlfriend until she cried, then Bubba screaming at him, "GET IN HERE AND KICK MY ASS, HOGAN! DEFEND HER HONOR...IF SHE HAS ANY!!! COME ON, HOGAN!!! YOU'RE GONNA LET ME TALK THAT WAY TO HER??? WHAT KIND OF MAN ARE YOU???"

....pure comedy gold.... :lol:  :lol:

Damn, I miss ECW. I have the fan cam show from the first ECW show at the Odeum when a guy threw a chair at Bubba... it is classic. Being at the Anarchy Rulz show before Taz left for WWE was incredible as well...

They also tore up the Aragon Ballroom, I think it was Sandmans first appearance in Chicago... I went to every damn ECW show in Chicago... I could go on all night!!

I was going to add that Jim's well out of that "video game" stage.. but then I remembered he showed interest in that texas hold 'em thing for the tv.  :ph34r:

Is that considered a "video game"..??  :huh

I wouldn't consider it one. ...That is if we're thinking of the same thing.

If he likes Texas Hold 'em, maybe get him a nice poker set? Perhaps he can have poker night every once and awhile with some guys.

Maybe even a poker table if there is any space in the ole home?

Steff,

Buy him an entry into a Poker tournament. You would be looking for a satelite tournament that feeds into the bigger televised events. Price tage is usually between $250 and $500, depending on the location and which series it is feeding into.

Obviously you could tie this into a Vegas or Atlantic City vacation. Tunica has a couple nice events every year.

THere are also some schools forming. Currently most are rip offs from what I have seen. Just guys jumping in to take advantage of the current boom, which is going to bust sometime soon.

There are probably some clubs forming in the area if you want to give him a once a week or month poker game.

November 30, 2004

The Top 7 Leftovers From the White House Thanksgiving

7> "Before" pictures of the turkey wearing a black hood, with the

cook pointing and grinning.

6> Scraped Alaska.

5> John Ashcroft.

4> Broccoli.

3> Three jars of Cheney's Gerber Strained Turkey.

2> Most of the colored eggs the President dyed the night before.

and the Number 1 Leftover From

the White House Thanksgiving...

1> A bag of pretzels, unopened.

[ Copyright 2004 by Chris White    ]

[    http://www.topfive.com    ]

Sorry 2k4, one more dumb question.  If I were to get the White Sox gc would I be able to use those at all the different stands and booths at soxfest??

Sorry I just saw this, and I saw your reply, but I did want to say that the Sox do have a booth of merchandise at Soxfest, but the great majority of the stuff for sale there is sold by independant people who buy their own booth space. If you want to know what kind of places are there, let me know, and I can give you more specifics.

A great gift idea is that new D-skin. They even have a website.

It's those things that you snap onto a DVD or CD that protects them from being stratched. The great thing is that you can leave them on while playing the DVD or CD.

I picked up a package of 5 for 5.99 at Best Buy last week.

I don't know how many times I've had to go to a used CD store to replace on old CD that wouldn't play anymore...

Rise Against - Siren Song for the Counter Culture CD

I love that CD. I think I posted about it like a month or two ago(I drove to the nearest city to buy it the day it came out) but I didn't get any real feedback. Kinda strange to hear the get radio play, I don't hear any out here, but they're from Chicaga so maybe that's why you getta her them.

I love that CD.  I think I posted about it like a month or two ago(I drove to the nearest city to buy it the day it came out) but I didn't get any real feedback.  Kinda strange to hear the get radio play, I don't hear any out here, but they're from Chicaga so maybe that's why you getta her them.

I was listening to it on purevolume.com the week before it came out, I didn't like it as much then. Once I started listening to RPM more, then I came back to Siren Song and I liked it a lot more because I was used to the style.

I love that CD.  I think I posted about it like a month or two ago(I drove to the nearest city to buy it the day it came out) but I didn't get any real feedback.  Kinda strange to hear the get radio play, I don't hear any out here, but they're from Chicaga so maybe that's why you getta her them.

Yeah, there is a really good local show on Sunday nights called Local 101 ( the station is Q101, so that's why the 101 in the title ). When I heard A Life Less Frightening for the first time, I didn't even really know it was Rise Against. I was just thinking, "Whoever this is, I MUST buy their CD!"

BTW, do Canadian radio and TV stations still have "Canadian content" quotas? I always thought that was funny AND yet a good idea. Make a percentage of your content local to boost local artists....smart. Just kinda hard to take when local content includes Anne Murray and April Wine.... :D

Just kinda hard to take when local content includes Anne Murray and April Wine.... :D

Yeah they do, I think the most overplayed sone in Canada is Ocean Pearl. f*** you 54-40, 12 years of torture!!!! Never mind Bryan Adams and Celine Dionne. Luckly, I get a university station and the Banff centre 2 stations that are really different and have some punk sets and stuff.

I wouldn't consider it one. ...That is if we're thinking of the same thing.

If he likes Texas Hold 'em, maybe get him a nice poker set? Perhaps he can have poker night every once and awhile with some guys.

Maybe even a poker table if there is any space in the ole home?

He's got personalized chips, and a table in the basement. And has regular tourney's as well.