Jaret Wright?

santo=dorf

According to the Boston Herald, the Red Sox have interest in free agent Jose Valentin.

There hasn't been any confirmation of the report in a Puerto Rican newspaper that Valentin has already agreed to terms with Boston, but it wouldn't be a complete surprise if a deal is already pretty much in place, with the Red Sox waiting until the arbitration deadline to announce it. Boston could possibly sign both Valentin and Placido Polanco. In that scenario, Valentin would get most of the starts at shortstop against righties and Polanco would play against lefties and back up Mark Bellhorn and Bill Mueller

From Rotoworld

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Seattle Times, the Mariners have offered Jaret Wright a contract believed to be worth $15 million over three years.

That's unlikely to get a deal done. Wright figures to receive at least $18 million over three years, and if the Yankees get involved, the price could go even higher. Dec. 1 - 3:58 am et From rotoworld.

According to the Seattle Times, the Mariners have offered Jaret Wright a contract believed to be worth $15 million over three years.

That's unlikely to get a deal done. Wright figures to receive at least $18 million over three years, and if the Yankees get involved, the price could go even higher. Dec. 1 - 3:58 am et  From rotoworld.

I'm pretty torn on this then. Does KW need to strike fast and up the ante for this guy or does he sit back and wait for another starter? I really don't know what to think about Wright.

I'm pretty torn on this then. Does KW need to strike fast and up the ante for this guy or does he sit back and wait for another starter? I really don't know what to think about Wright.

Ah yes. The dilemmas experienced on a daily basis by a GM ... which some people happen to think is a very easy job.

That's unlikely to get a deal done. Wright figures to receive at least $18 million over three years, and if the Yankees get involved, the price could go even higher. Dec. 1 - 3:58 am et  From rotoworld.

Wright's injury track record prob. doesn't justify those type of $'s being talked about. $5 mill? Prob. More than that? Prob. not.

And the Yanks are mentioned w/ every pitcher out there, FA or not

I wonder if its a true 3 year deal or some sort of optoin type stuff. I think 5 mill could be a bargain for him if he's healthy. As long as Jaret Wright is healthy I think he's a front of the rotation top pitcher, not necessarily a #1 but right up their and at 5 mill a yera that would be a bargain.

The major question is the heatlh cause if he does go down your no stuck for a couple years.

I say, go for it. Go 3/$18 mil. Maybe a voidable 4th year or a buyout. He's in the price range...and there's interest. Pavano doesn't seem want to come here. RJ doesn't want to come here. Wright's young and has a decent track record (minus the injuries). Almost all pitcher's nowadays have arm troubles. And sometimes those arm troubles can turn your career around.

Go get him, KW!!! :cheers

It may have, but it certainly didn't effect the number of balls hit into the seats. My point was if you took the Braves the last five years, and had them play their home games at USCF, and had the same White Sox teams play their home games at Turner Field, opinions on whether the parks are pitcher or hitter friendly would probably be a lot different than they are now.

I totally agree, thats a good point

Can't post much anymore (parent of mine has gone insane) but wtf?! :o

Lots of rumors.

Gammons reporting Sox were close to a two year deal (mutual/player/team third year option) for around ten million (in the area).

Then, Seattle reporting today to have made a three year offer (guaranteed third year) for fifteen million.

Question obviously being, do we want to give him that third year and that extra million per year? I'd have to say no, just on the fact that we cannot take that big of a chance on a guy that has never thrown over 200+ innings in his career (albeit a short one).

Lots of rumors.

Gammons reporting Sox were close to a two year deal (mutual/player/team third year option) for around ten million (in the area).

I was watching ESPNEWS yesterday, and Gammons never said that. You're getting that info from that crappy bogus 3 way trade.

Yesterday on ESPNEWS, Gammons says he thinks Wright will get a 3 year deal, and I *think* he said he would get $6 million per.

WHOPPIE.. here comes 3rd palce in 05.. I can't wait.

Thank you KW for flying under the radar, I mean there be so many other teams that want to sign this guy, Like..Say Las Vegas 51s or the Durham Bulls.. another great signing.

I think it could be more like 4th place. Twinkies, Indians, Tigers & Sox. But hey, I don't think we should get excited. I really think these rumors have no basis in reality.

Just a little note from the Atlanta Constitution Journal:

The Chicago White Sox and Washington Nationals are also interested in Wright, 29. His agent has said there's little chance Wright will return to the Braves because of their budgetary restraints.

And the from the NY Post:

Yankee brass is split on exactly what to offer Brave right-hander Jaret Wright, who is looking for a three-year deal. Some Yankee officials have no problem with giving Wright, who turned his career around in Atlanta, a three-year pact for $15 million. Others aren't as sure.

Yankees are tossing their hats in for Wright.

NY Post- Yankee brass is split on exactly what to offer Brave right-hander Jaret Wright, who is looking for a three-year deal. Some Yankee officials have no problem with giving Wright, who turned his career around in Atlanta, a three-year pact for $15 million. Others aren't as sure.

Yankees are tossing their hats in for Wright.

NY Post- Yankee brass is split on exactly what to offer Brave right-hander Jaret Wright, who is looking for a three-year deal. Some Yankee officials have no problem with giving Wright, who turned his career around in Atlanta, a three-year pact for $15 million. Others aren't as sure.

Wasn't the same thing posted by Yasny? :o