Holy crap, did anyone see ESPN News?

Guest JimH

.270 something in the minors and .330 in the majors.  split it up and you get .290 something.  I think he would be in between the minors and the majors in performance...that's all.

He has hit way over his head thus far in the majors. If he could hit .290 over a full season in the majors he would have not been in the minors for ten years.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has hit way over his head thus far in the majors. If he could hit .290 over a full season in the majors he would have not been in the minors for ten years.

I agree he has hit way over his head....but i think between his minor league performances and his major league performance...he is more of a .280/.290 hitter. Thats the average between the two. It's an in between figure. If he were to hit in the .270's that's still good....but by his performances i would expect a little better.

I agree he has hit way over his head....but i think between his minor league performances and his major league performance...he is more of a .280/.290 hitter.  Thats the average between the two.  It's an in between figure.  If he were to hit in the .270's that's still good....but by his performances i would expect a little better.

I understand what you are saying but i do not agree. Guess we just have to agree to disagree. :cheers

Guys, I don't know if this has been covered because I have never seen a thread blow up like this before. But rashid4434 consistently posts crap rumors on cbssportsline rumor mill. So, if this is where the rumor started it's BS. If it came from JimH friend in Florida, there could be something to this.

Guys, I don't know if this has been covered because I have never seen a thread blow up like this before. But rashid4434 consistently posts crap rumors on cbssportsline rumor mill. So, if this is where the rumor started it's BS. If it came from JimH friend in Florida, there could be something to this.

This has been debated already in this thread, and soxtalk seems to have come to the conclusion that Jim H's friend's business friend came up with this(be it true or not), long before this rashid guy.

I have to go back about ten pages to cover the person who said that the Sox have to deal Lee instead of Pop Up Paulie because then we'd have 4 OF. There is a lot of noise around the team this year about Lee being a potentially steallar first-baseman. Second, there are a lot of guys who start out string in the bigs and then don't improve on their regression any time soon. Joe Crede and Eric Kinske come to mind in that department. I'm surprised so many people were against the Sox landing the Unit via BA but have not problem grabbing Scott friggin' Podsednik. I liked having Scott on my fantasy team but I don't want to deal away good players for him. Lastly, someone cited Rowand, Thomas, Konerko, and Crede as our power sources if this trade goes down. Shoot me if Rowand and Crede are going to bookend our 3-6 spots. I don't understand why people think that if we didn't win with power the last few years then we should dump our pwer hitters to win in 05. It's poor logic.

THANK YOU.

We'll have to see what happens.

I will not post anything I hear any more, I will let others do that.

I should not have come on this board and asked if anyone had heard anything, based on what I was emailed.  Period.  My mistake.

Again, we'll have to wait and see what happens.  If anything.

Jim. This seems to happen way too often on here. You post something you heard and ask if anyone else has heard it. The next thing you know, someone is calling you out and questioning your integrity. It's Bulls*** that this happens. How else are we going to have anything to discuss if every time someone posts a rumor, that it has to be 100% accurate and immediately verifiable?

To anyone that question Jim's integrity ..... :fyou

What Jim posted is exactly what I hope to see here on the board. Rarely are things exactly as they first appear in a rumor, but most of the time, there is some fire causing that smoke.

Jim. THgis seems to happen way too often on here.  You post something you heard and ask if anyone else has heard it.  The next thing you know, someone is calling you out and questioning your integrity.  It's Bulls*** that this happens.  How else are we going to have anything to discuss if every time someone posts a rumor, that it has to be 100% accurate and immediately verifiable? 

To anyone that question Jim's integrity .....  :fyou

What Jim posted is exactly what I hope to see here on the board.  Rarely are things exactly as they first appear in a rumor, but most of the time, there is some fire causing that smoke.

Yup, JimH is a good poster, and I think it was a good post. He didn't post something like, "hey did anyone else hear anything about the Sox trading Jon Adkins for Barry Bonds straight up?"

He posted a legitimate question and trade rumor. There is some real good conversation about it.... Keep it up!!

I don't care for the trade part of this rumor. I could see it if it went like so:

Sox get:

Castillo

Podsednik

Marlins get

Lee

Brewers get

Marlins prospect (decent)

Sox prospect (lesser)

I'm with Qwerty that Podsednik is not all that good. He isn't worth Anderson straight up. I also feel Castillo is not worth Lee straight up.

I'm with Qwerty that Podsednik is not all that good.  He isn't worth Anderson straight up.  I also feel Castillo is not worth Lee straight up.

No way is Podsednik worth Anderson straight up. But Castillo, IMO. is at least equal to Lee and prob. worth more than Lee, esp for what he could provide the Sox [a switch hitting leadoff hitter, high % sb threat, solid defense].

No way is Podsednik worth Anderson straight up. But Castillo, IMO. is at least equal to Lee and prob. worth more than Lee, esp for what he could provide the Sox [a switch hitting leadoff hitter, high % sb threat, solid defense].

Say if the sox traded lee straight uo for castillo you will have alot of people b****ing about it including myself. Lee is gonna go bonkers in the next year or two. Right now he has above average defense even if people choose to believe otherwise, good obp (.366) which i see him staying around for the next several years. Also has 35 homeruns power with good gap power. I want castillo as much as anybody but lee is not worth him. I am saying this and i am not one of those people that is in love with every player on the sox and feels that no deal is good enough for them to be traded.

If there was any chance FLA would trade either Castillo or Pierre, Ozzie would have KW throw his son in on the deal. It's very possible Castillo or Pierre could be on the trading block. And if they are, the Sox would have to be the favorites to land either player, as KW would prob. top any offer.

It wouldn't just be to appease Ozzie. KW's fate is tied into Ozzie's. KW needs to win or he could be out of a job. And he needs to trust Ozzie and get him all the resources he needs and wants. The Sox need a guy like Castillo to get on base and hit .300 at the top of the order, vs LHP and RHP.

If there was any chance FLA would trade either Castillo or Pierre, Ozzie would have KW throw his son in on the deal. It's very possible Castillo or Pierre could be on the trading block. And if they are, the Sox would have to be the favorites to land either player, as KW would prob. top any offer.

It wouldn't just be to appease Ozzie. KW's fate is tied into Ozzie's. KW needs to win or he could be out of a job. And he needs to trust Ozzie and get him all the resources he needs and wants. The Sox need a guy like Castillo to get on base and hit .300 at the top of the order, vs LHP and RHP.

They don't need Castillo at the cost of Carlos Lee. No way. No how.

Say if the sox traded lee straight uo for castillo you will have alot of people b****ing about it including myself. Lee is gonna go bonkers in the next year or two. Right now he has above average defense even if people choose to believe otherwise, good obp (.366) which i see him staying around for the next several years. Also has 35 homeruns power with good gap power. I want castillo as much as anybody but lee is not worth him. I am saying this and i am not one of those people that is in love with every player on the sox and feels that no deal is good enough for them to be traded.

People can b**** all they want, but if a straight deal went through, but IMO, Castillo would make the Sox a better team than if the sox just kept Lee. The sox have had great numbers out of individuals but haven't been able to put it together. A guy like Castillo batting and getting on base before the 3, 4 and 5 hitters will allow our RBI guys to swing away

If the Sox don't get themselves a leadoff hitter, Lee can hit .300 all he wants. No one will be on base for him to drive in, or Frank or PK, or Dye, or Everett etc. Good leadoff hitters don't come cheap for a reason. Castillo can do everything the sox currently are very short on--switch hit, steal bases, hit .300, get on base at a .370 clip, lead off or hit #2, play solid d. The Sox have power and could more easily replace Lee and his talent than what Castillo would bring to the table with his abilities

Put another way--who would you rather have in LF, Rowand or Lee? I see an OF of Rowand in LF, Anderson in CF, and Sweeney in RF in 2, 3 yrs. I see Lee off playing for the Nationals or somewhere when his contract is up.

They don't need Castillo at the cost of Carlos Lee.  No way.  No how.

I'd say there would be few Sox players [majors or minors] that would be considered "untouchables" if they were to trade for Pierre or Castillo. A few come to mind--Buehrle, Rowand, Sweeney, Garcia, Shingo, maybe Anderson. Lee doesn't make my list. Why? A lot has been said about the Sox' "3 yr board". I see Rowand on it. Sweeney. Prob. Brian Anderson. Maybe Chris Young. Lee will be seeking a long term deal for a lot of cash in 2, 3 yrs. Would the sox pay him when they have at least 2 guys who could take his place?

Mostly why I see Lee as being a "touchable" is prob. subjective. I don't see Lee as a serious baseball player. Sure he's talented. And he can swing for the fences with the best of them. But is he a guy to build a team around? If Maggs wasn't, then Carlos surely isn't.