Holy crap, did anyone see ESPN News?

Guest JimH

Ozzie seems to know the Marlin farm system fairly well as he insisted the Sox get Valdez for Koch.  I think that is a very fair statement to make.

He does seem to have a pretty good eye for minor league talent, as he was also the one who pushed for Cotts, Adkins, and Burke to be on the roster...

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys if Ozzie was the GM I would be crying. The guy is a no talent ass clown when it comes to a lot of things. In fact I have absolutely zero faith in his talent evaluation.

The only thing I have faith in when it comes to Ozzie is a motivation/leadership factor. His managerial skills are lousy (so are Dusty Baker's) but if he can make it up in the leadership/getting the best out of your players then it will work out fine.

However, you ever hear this guy talk about players? If it were up to him we'd have 9 ozzies in the field and one in the dugout managing and this would be the most god awful team in the history of baseball.

Still no one can answer a simple question...

What question would that be? Because if you were teh GM the Sox would be on the tab for Colon another 3 years at 12 mill a season which would be ludicrous.

Trust me, I'm a season ticket holder in Anaheim and watching Colon pitch last season (until the very last part of the season) was sheer horror. You knew you were in for an asswhooping.

His velocity was crap too. This isn't fantasy baseball, you can't just bring in 7 or 8 new players and meche right away. You also can't go back in time. Either you say the things before or when it happens or don't...thats my theory.

I was for letting Colon go at that price and it turns out it was a great move. Colon at 10 mill fine, although I still hold out that he was an 8 mill a year type pitcher.

When your budget is tight, the team has to be careful and that means not going for the best guys or saying hey is it worht the extra few mill for that guy or are we better of with this guy AND another guy.

For example, Polanco at 4 mill for maybe 3 years (he may get more, but thats all I'd give him) or Cabrerra at 7 mill for 4 years. Thats 3 mill a year more. That means the Sox could get Polanco and a stud type set up guy for the price of Cabrerra, who isn't a fit for the Sox.

Cabrerra isn't a 1 or 2 hole hitter nor is he a left handed bat. Those are the Sox needs and he doesn't fit it. Polanco is a top of the order hitter (great bat control, solid career obp).

And last of all, I Don't give a s*** what gets fans excited and I sure as hell hope Ken Williams doesn't either. If a not so great name is his best thinking for the team then fine with me. If it doesn't work he'll pay for it by getting fired, but juts cause the fans call for something (and in regards to fans I mainly am talking about the casual fans cause everyone here is a different breed) doesn't mean you do it.

So in conclusion, I don't give a s*** which name excites fans more, I care about which set of players gets the Sox to the series and bottom line, if this team has no superstars or 10 superstars, all that matters is winning the whole thing. Thats what I'll get excited about.

I'll also get excited about moves that help the team now and down the line and moves that help the team now.

Lets play things off, but no GM should make moves soley for excitation of fans, it should be to make the team better and if a not as attractive name to general fans (say Polanco) is better then a bigger name (Cabrerra) in terms of fit then thats the move you make.

Personally I'm perfectly content with Harris cause I like him and I want the Sox to spend their money on the rotation and on the bullpen. In fact my key area for the Sox would be adding two GOOD relievers because a strong pen is one of the most important parts of a team.

Chisoxfn, congrats for livnig in SoCal, I will be there soon I hope.. BUt enough already with the bashing of Colon...Your telling me that if the Sox put up the money i suggested that you would not be happy this time last year?

WIth that being said.. being you seem to know more than me.. WHO is going to play 2nd base for the Marlins once this so called deal would go through?

Stop with the Polanco/Cabera talk also, we both know your not going convice me, I have stop preaching who the better man is and given prove..so jsut stop its old and we both know the Sox are going to go with the Cheaper useless player here.

Personally I'm perfectly content with Harris

And when he fails to keep his starting job for the 3rd straight year.. then what? it really simple fix the problem b4 it is a problem.

Chisoxfn, congrats for livnig in SoCal, I will be there soon I hope.. BUt enough already with the bashing of Colon...Your telling me that if the Sox put up the money i suggested that  you would not be happy this time last year?

WIth that being said.. being you seem to know more than me.. WHO is going to play 2nd base for the Marlins once this so called deal would go through?

Stop with the Polanco/Cabera talk also, we both know your not going convice me, I have stop preaching who the better man is and given prove..so jsut stop its old and we both know the Sox are going to go with the Cheaper useless player here.

And when he fails to keep his starting job for the 3rd straight year.. then what?  it really simple fix the problem b4 it is a problem.

This is really ridiculous.

Chisoxfn, congrats for livnig in SoCal, I will be there soon I hope.. BUt enough already with the bashing of Colon...Your telling me that if the Sox put up the money i suggested that  you would not be happy this time last year?

And when he fails to keep his starting job for the 3rd straight year.. then what?  it really simple fix the problem b4 it is a problem.

Actually last year was the first year he had a starting job. The year before it Harris wasn't the starter if I recall and when he started getting playing time Robbie Alomar came over in what I would call a horrible move by the Sox (not a Alomar fan) not in what they gave up, rather in the fact I think they could of done something else. However it made sense and could of really paid off if his career took back off.

As far as 2nd base goes, the Marlins could look to their farm system where they are incredibly strong. I think they have a middle infielder that could come up and play but they could also look at a cheap replacement.

They would probably be happy to get rid of Castillo's contract which pays him well over the next few years in exchange for offense and they could fill the position later.

I don't think this 3 way is going to happen, but the pieces kind of match for a potential deal between the Sox and Marlins considering the Sox need for a top of the order presence and the Marlins need for some pop.

Harris never really had the starting job.

In 2003, your right but was given the chance to take the starting job from Jimiez(sp) as well as Playing CF

Last year he was handed the starting 04 job, and funny we had to trade for Alomar again, thats not a failure?

and in 02 was brought up to start to take over the 2b job once we traded Ray-Ray away

The original tandum was

2b Harris

SS D'Angelo Jimenez

1/2 the piece of the puzzle is gone.. only 1/2 more left.

ChiSox.. your right there is a kid by the name of Josh Wilson, he was playing SS for most of 2004, I could see them using him at 2b.. but,  He played Double-a ball for most of last year so I figure knowing the Marlins.. He going to need another year of seasoning.

They could sign a vet cheaply like EY or another type of cheap vet that could help teach Wilson.

Thats the guy I was thinking of, he's pretty highly rated if I recall. Haven't been quite as up on prospects the past couple months though since I've been so busy with school and stuff.

So in conclusion, I don't give a s*** which name excites fans more, I care about which set of players gets the Sox to the series and bottom line, if this team has no superstars or 10 superstars, all that matters is winning the whole thing.  Thats what I'll get excited about.

RE: See the pay machine in New York City called the Yankees.

Excellent points . If you're ever a GM, you have to mention my name every time you give a press conference, however.

Not sure if anyone cares, but it was definatly Rashid, the kid I know who posted this on whitesox.com. He admits he made this up and said that Wright was not downplayed as a bad rumor.

Jim, your integerity is not questioned by this post, cuz I believe your friend is true and good...this thread did say it was by a florida radio station.

Not sure if anyone cares, but it was definatly Rashid, the kid I know who posted this on whitesox.com. He admits he made this up and said that Wright was not downplayed as a bad rumor.

Jim, your integerity is not questioned by this post, cuz I believe your friend is true and good...this thread did say it was by a florida radio station.

Beastly, Why must teenagers act like assholes? Please tell me. Then tell this s***box to grow up

In 2003, your right but was given the chance to take the starting job from Jimiez(sp) as well as Playing CF

Last year he was handed the starting 04 job, and funny we had to trade for Alomar again,  thats not a failure?

and in 02 was brought up to start to take over the 2b job once we traded Ray-Ray away

The original tandum was

2b Harris

SS D'Angelo Jimenez 

1/2 the piece of the puzzle is gone.. only 1/2 more left.

:huh Jimenez only played 10 games at short while starting 9 of those.

rashidd is at it again on mlb board

Radio in chicago reports......

Posted by comiskeybum

Dec 1, 4:36 pm

White Sox talking to JD Drew, Matt Clement, and Jaret Wright all today. They want to sign all 3 and be happy with their free agent class of 05 this was reported on 670 the score

I hope this is true There is a huge thread on this