Game 3

ph_play_mugshot_407900.jpg

Miguel Asencio

2002: 4-7 _ 5.11 ERA

vs

ph_play_mugshot_279782.jpg

Jon Garland

2002: 12-12 _ 4.58 ERA

I can't wait. The only dillemma is I may not get to watch the entire opening day came cause I Think I'm gonna watch the Padres play the Giants down in San Diego. Damn, why couldn't that be a night game and the Sox game be a day game, lol.

Either way, the Sox are gonna kick some butt. By the way, thanks for those matchups HawknDJ

I can't wait.  The only dillemma is I may not get to watch the entire opening day came cause I Think I'm gonna watch the Padres play the Giants down in San Diego.  Damn, why couldn't that be a night game and the Sox game be a day game, lol.

Either way, the Sox are gonna kick some butt.  By the way, thanks for those matchups HawknDJ

No problem. I didn't really think anyone cared but I decided to post them anyways. :P

Sox always seem to struggle against young unknown pitchers , we make them look like Cy Young, I hope that changes EARLY this year.

Intangibles like that and the fact that Sweeney and Smiley are Sox Killers are all things we need to take into account. IMHO though, Buehrle and Colon will be too much for the rest of the KC ballclub. 2-1 at the worst come the Home Opener..... at least I hope that's the worst it could be :huh:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/spli...ts?statsId=6963

We hit Hernandez fairly well in the one start he made against us

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/spli...ts?statsId=6883

Affeldt pitched against us 3 times last year including one start, we hit him hard also.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/spli...ts?statsId=6884

Ascenso pitched against us 4 times last year, including 3 starts. He had the best era of the bunch against the Sox last year at 5.60!

This bodes well for us, hopefully :headbang

We are bad against junk ballers.  If they throw hard we'll be alright.  I do think that changed a bit when we got Jimenez and a few others that seem to be able to do alright against junk stuff and aren't dead fastball hitters.

Well as far as Ascencio goes, I think we can do pretty well against Junk Ballers who can't throw a strike in 12 pitches.

(Actually I know he turned it around but it's still fun to remember that)

Doesn't anyone remember! it was 16 straight balls, 0 strikes, and 4 walks. That was hilarious. I remember Sprtscenter had a ballcount in the highlights. It hink it was Rich Eisen, he was cracking up!  :lol:  :D

Didn't Todd Ritchie do something like that as well last year?

Doesn't anyone remember! it was 16 straight balls, 0 strikes, and 4 walks. That was hilarious. I remember Sprtscenter had a ballcount in the highlights. It hink it was Rich Eisen, he was cracking up!  :lol:  :D

Didn't Todd Ritchie do something like that as well last year?

I think Todd Ritchie did something like that ALL YEAR last year... :(

Doesn't anyone remember! it was 16 straight balls, 0 strikes, and 4 walks. That was hilarious. I remember Sprtscenter had a ballcount in the highlights. It hink it was Rich Eisen, he was cracking up!  :lol:  :D

I thought some guy relieved him and threw the last 4 or 5 straight but I dunno. I remember Sean Lowe doing it 2 yrs ago. :puke

Doesn't anyone remember! it was 16 straight balls, 0 strikes, and 4 walks. That was hilarious. I remember Sprtscenter had a ballcount in the highlights. It hink it was Rich Eisen, he was cracking up!  :lol:  :D

I thought some guy relieved him and threw the last 4 or 5 straight but I dunno. I remember Sean Lowe doing it 2 yrs ago. :puke

I may of been confusing him with Lowe.

I remember that game vividly. If I'm not mistaking, it was Miguel's major league debut, and he threw 16 straight balls to open the inning (the game was already a blow-out), and they took him out of the game. I felt very bad for him, and I thought he would kill himself that night. I'm glad he's still in the majors, though -- that's the kind of game that can kill a young guy's career.