Where is Ben Maller pulling this out of...

USAF_11F4H

Sammy Sosa back on the South Side would make sense in many ways. First, U.S. Cellular Field has become a home run haven, the seats easily reachable for the slimmed-down Sosa. Second, Sosa would be reunited with, and perhaps re-energized by, former teammates: manager Ozzie Guillen, hitting coach Greg Walker and, briefly, Ken Williams himself. Intriguing, isn't it, and what would easily become the biggest all-Chicago trade since Sosa was dealt for George Bell in 1992.

:huh:

Well I guess we can never trust anything from Ben Maller again.

I see now that he got it from a side note from a Tribune article. So, I guess he's regurgitating the Tribune's baseless junk...

What about the White Sox? With Ordonez leaving, wouldn't bringing Sosa in as a right fielder make sense?

Fascinating, but probably fantasy league stuff. The Sox don't have any of those huge, unwanted contracts to unload and the Cubs probably wouldn't eat enough millions to satisfy Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf's budget.

Of course, Hendry and Sox GM Ken Williams are two of the most inventive general managers in the business, so a three-way deal might be possible. The Sox could put Paul Konerko into the mix if the Mariners don't land Sexson and/or Delgado.

Sosa back on the South Side would make sense in many ways. First, U.S. Cellular Field has become a home run haven, the seats easily reachable for the slimmed-down Sosa. Second, Sosa would be reunited with, and perhaps re-energized by, former teammates: manager Ozzie Guillen, hitting coach Greg Walker and, briefly, Williams himself.

Intriguing, isn't it, and what would easily become the biggest all-Chicago trade since Sosa was dealt for George Bell in 1992.

Sox get one of their aces and Sosa in exchange for PK or Lee and call it a deal :)

Cubs get rid of a horrible contract, but in return give the Sox something they could use...an ACE.

The only was I make this deal is this.. and yes it won't happen

WE Get SOSA and Prior

Cubs get Lee and Cotts and Pay for Sosa Salary

We trade sosa to Mets for Reyes

Only way I would do this deal

The only was I make this deal is this.. and yes it won't happen

WE Get SOSA and Prior 

Cubs get  Lee and Cotts and Pay for Sosa Salary

We trade sosa to Mets for Reyes

Only way I would do this deal

If the Mets are balking at taking on Sosa's contract from the Cubs, why wouldn't they balk at it coming from the Sox?

I be happy with just reyes.. But I know what you want I would have to looki into the mets farm system and see what they have and be willing to part with.

You have to remeber also that they are getting Sosa for nothing since the Cubs are picking up his Salary.

Think about it we were to give up Lee and Cotts and get Prior and Reyes..

Talk about steal!

And with the extra cash we save, we can now go after Beltran!

Again this is all a pipe dream, IMO this deal is only would work on MVP 2004 with the fair trades turned off!

did the Tribune actually mention this too? If so that is insanity! This is how it earns the name the "Cubune"

This just tells me the Cubs are hitting walls in their off-season moves, ie Nomar is not crawling back to them for nothing, closers aren't signing here for less to play with Dusty, Beltran isn't rolling out the red carpet for them.... and of course they can't move Sosa

Now this s***..... unreal, it makes me sick. I know columnists have free reign, but this has zero chance of happening unless KW smokes a ton of pot

did the Tribune actually mention this too?  If so that is insanity!  This is how it earns the name the "Cubune" 

This just tells me the Cubs are hitting walls in their off-season moves, ie Nomar is not crawling back to them for nothing, closers aren't signing here for less to play with Dusty, Beltran isn't rolling out the red carpet for them.... and of course they can't move Sosa

Now this s***..... unreal, it makes me sick.  I know columnists have free reign, but this has zero chance of happening unless KW smokes a ton of pot

Yes they did. Van Dumbass did a Q&A, and this was one of the questions asked, and answered...

I be happy with just reyes.. But I know what you want I would have to looki into the mets farm system and see what they have and be willing to part with.

You have to remeber also that they are getting Sosa for nothing since the Cubs are picking up his Salary.

Talk about steal!

Again this is all  a pipe dream, IMO this deal is only would work on MVP 2004 with the fair trades turned off!

The catch is instead of the Cubs picking up any of his contract they give the Sox a great pitcher. They wouldn't pay the Sox to get rid of him and then give the Sox a good pitcher.

Regardless none of this is going to happen. I just know the only way I'd accept Sosa on this team would be if the Cubs paid all of his contract and the Sox gave up a mid level prospect or if the Cubs gave the Sox something worthwhile like Zambrono.

SO nothing would change really you are saying!

its ok, you are only there once a year anyway. They would never bring him back to the sox anyway, not with the negative reaction that would come from actual sox fans. Plus he does not fit in with the direction the club is going, not to mention the payroll crippling

Talk about steal!

Again this is all  a pipe dream, IMO this deal is only would work on MVP 2004 with the fair trades turned off!

First ... this was an article or Q&A or whatever you want to call it ... out of the ass of one single Tribune writer.

Secondly, in the far-fetched hypothetical scenario proposed of sending Sosa/Prior here for Lee and whatever, the hypothetical scenario, proposed by someone who posts on this board, included the Cubs not being responsible for the remainder of Sosa's contract -- the Sox would be.

Thirdly, how the hell you jump to sending Sosa to the Mets for next-to-nothing (salary wise), with "this cash saved" that was never THERE .. in a HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO is beyond me, as well as probably everyone else that posts here.

Lastly, I can't even begin to get into the "w/ the cash saved, go after Beltran" addition that you put on there w/o going hysterical. You say you'd be a better GM than KW. Your ideals, logic and proposals wouldn't even be accepted by ASB05 on the Xbox, much less in the real world of MLB GMs.

Hi. I'm from earth. Have we met?