ESPN News Reports RJ Will be a Yank next week

Chisoxfn

Randy Johnson for Javier Vazquez, Tom Gordon, and Eric Duncan. However instead of Duncan it could be a prospect from another team if a 3rd team is involved (sounds to me like the basis is their and they are just figuring out who the prospects are).

Gammons is reporting this from a source in the Dbacks organization. Its believed the deal will be completed sometime next week.

ESPN News also said that Russ Ortiz is thinking very hard about signing with the Nationals.

I still think this is Gammons hyping things before it happened. But I will re-iterate what I said earlier today that this is a horrible deal from the Dbacks perspective.

Unless they are getting a ton of cash. Of cousre if they then move Vazquez for prospects and Gordon for prospects then it wouldn't be too bad.

I stick to my thinking the Dbacks obviously never got that offer from the Sox. That or their GM is just a huge idiot and considering the deal he's thinking about accepting, its quite the possibility.

If I were a Dback fan I'd be upset. Although if they can get a couple stud prospects out of Vazquez and Gordon then it would be a good move.

WOW, How bad are we that the Yankees can get RJ for a RP and Minor leaguer...

When we offered better players.

Why are you a Sox fan? To hate Kenny Williams? :huh:

Obviously Reinsdorf is still working on turning the White Sox into a "first-class" organization like he promised when he bought the team. :rolly

Jason, I'm confused.

In the title it says that ESPN reports he'll be a D-Back next week, yet in the post, you hint (or you say that ESPN hints) that he'll be in Yankee pinstripes.

Which one is it?

Jason is unavailable right now. Although there are no sources, it is believed the Yankees have an interest in him. :lolhitting

For those curious Eric Duncan was the Yanks 1st round pick back in 2003. He's a 3rd baseman who played for the Tampa Yanks and Battlecreek Yanks last year.

Hit .254, and .260 with a combined 16 HR's. He was taken out of high school.

Duncan is thought of as one of the best 3rd base prospects in baseball and is supposed to have some serious power potential. Of course based on his numbers you can see he still has a long way to go.

Jason, I'm confused.

In the title it says that ESPN reports he'll be a D-Back next week, yet in the post, you hint (or you say that ESPN hints) that he'll be in Yankee pinstripes.

Which one is it?

My bad, that was just me typing like a retard. He'll be a Yank, supposedly.

I guess if I could make a White Sox comparison, it would be like dealing Freddy Garcia, Cliff Politte, and Brian Anderson for Randy Johnson.

Garcia is better then Vazquez (more affordable contract, better numbers in the AL), Gordon is better then Politte (this was just to even out the difference between Gordon/Vazquez) and Anderson is more advanced then Duncan but Duncan is pretty damn hyped for an A ball guy (probably over-hyped).

The White Sox package for RJ had better players, but also would cost the D-Backs more money. They need to shed payroll. Gordon will be shipped to another team, probably the Cubs, for prospects. Of course, Gammons is reporting this, so its probably no where near a done deal. I'm sure the fact that the White Sox have so many question marks also wouldn't help convince RJ to come here. Nobody has said much, but Frank Thomas is a huge question mark next season, as big of question mark as Magglio IMO. If he can't come back to pre injury levels, and Konerko is dealt, offense could become a problem.

Ya, they didn't say anything about cash going though. I'd assume some would be going, but Vazquez has a horrible contract and its for a few years. If they got Konerko and Garland they would just have those contracts for one year and then the option to do what they wanted.

They won't have that option with Vazquez.

Ya, they didn't say anything about cash going though.  I'd assume some would be going, but Vazquez has a horrible contract and its for a few years.  If they got Konerko and Garland they would just have those contracts for one year and then the option to do what they wanted. 

They won't have that option with Vazquez.

I deleted my post. I didn't see Vazquez on the original deal.

The White Sox package for RJ had better players, but also would cost the D-Backs more money. They need to shed payroll. Gordon will be shipped to another team, probably the Cubs, for prospects. Of course, Gammons is reporting this, so its probably no where near a done deal. I'm sure the fact that the White Sox have so many question marks also wouldn't help convince RJ to come here. Nobody has said much, but Frank Thomas is a huge question mark next season, as big of question mark as Magglio IMO. If he can't come back to pre injury levels, and Konerko is dealt, offense could become a problem.

Good points. Also, I thinking it was just Gordon and Ducan when I posted that.

My bad, I just went back and edited my first post.  Here's my thinking, could the Sox get involved and pick up Gordon?  Cause he'd look great back on the South Side.

I would like it too, but people would be more concerned with KW bringing back another player fro 2003.

What's he making next year, $3.75 million? That's probably too much for the Sox.

My bad, I just went back and edited my first post.  Here's my thinking, could the Sox get involved and pick up Gordon?  Cause he'd look great back on the South Side.

He definitely would. He had a great year, although Torre had to work him into the ground. Vazquez and Gordon for a little less than the package KW put together for the Big Unit would make my day.

I would like it too, but people would be more concerned with KW bringing back another player fro 2003.

What's he making next year, $3.75 million?  That's probably too much for the Sox.

Not necessarily, because Gordon could close if Shingo starts to falter the 2nd time around.

He definitely would. He had a great year, although Torre had to work him into the ground. Vazquez and Gordon for a little less than the package KW put together for the Big Unit would make my day.

Garland + Konerko + Prospect (Munoz, lower level guy) for Vazquez + Gordon...?

Probably not, just brining up an idea for discussion.

Ya...that would also make sense if the Dbacks turned down the deal soley because RJ wasn't up for it.

Do you think the Dbacks would do a Konerko and Garland for those two. The Sox just don't deal Brian Anderson?

Although I don't know how it would work, but your right, the two would look nice on the SouthSide.

Also, ESPN News is now saying a package that could include Javier Vazquez. Seems to me like Gammons is jumping out a little early acting as if its a done deal, when its probably just an initial offer or talks.

Gammons is pathetic. I wouldn't put too much stock into anything this screw up says. Sox "close" to signing Wright...gimme a break, Kenny probably made one phone call. I'm just so sick of him being wrong.

On the plus side of things, from a baseball fan's perspective...

(NYY) Johnson v. (BOS) Schilling

That will be a fun game five ALCS game to watch in 05'...oh s***...I mean, go Sox.