RANDY JOHNSON NOT GONNA BE A YANK

ManSooLee

try espn.com. This (unless it's a tactic which it very may well be) might inspire AZ to move towards persuading the Unit to go to a team that he doesn't yet want to go to. The stark article said that the Cards and Angels are both fading from contention and Gammons said earlier that a package from the Saxw would not be enough. THis leads me to believe that the D-Backs would turn DOWN a Garland/Konerko/BA package as their asking rpice is a king's ransom. That doesn't scratch the no-trade surface. Things are going to be pretty interesting. HOWEVER, Texas did this same ploy after the trade breakdwon last year and then shipped him to the Yanks a short time later. we will see...

Premature pwnulation?

Nah, for some reason, in both real life and my one here on this board, I like to proclaim "Game" in the middle of a contest when one team gains momentum and appears to be running towards victory... Inevitabley, the other team makes a run and I have to reverse my proclimation, "Game on"... The lesson is I should probably just keep my mouth shut, but I take so much pride in calling it. I'm like a coroner(a bad one), it's not over until I say it's over.

Fantastic news in one sense of the imagination. If New York, St. Louis and Anaheim all drop out it leaves the Dbacks with a little slimmer pickings. I'm guessing the real hold up was the Dbacks wanted the Yanks to give either a lot of cash or get a 3rd team involved for Vazquez.

To this day I think the Sox package would be more then fair, we'll just have to wait and see, but all of a sudden, the odds are better.

Fantastic news in one sense of the imagination.  If New York, St. Louis and Anaheim all drop out it leaves the Dbacks with a little slimmer pickings.  I'm guessing the real hold up was the Dbacks wanted the Yanks to give either a lot of cash or get a 3rd team involved for Vazquez.

To this day I think the Sox package would be more then fair, we'll just have to wait and see, but all of a sudden, the odds are better.

Eh, one of Cheat's links said that several people close to Randy acknowledged that he does not want to be here.

Fantastic news in one sense of the imagination.  If New York, St. Louis and Anaheim all drop out it leaves the Dbacks with a little slimmer pickings.  I'm guessing the real hold up was the Dbacks wanted the Yanks to give either a lot of cash or get a 3rd team involved for Vazquez.

Read the thread I posted about Arizona, Jason...

For what it's worth, Stark said in his version of the story that friends close to Johnson say he is not interested in the White Sox.

Another scenario is RJ staying a D-Back. If all three of those teams drops out, which seems unlikely, the D-Backs will be either forced to keep RJ or to lower their price and let the teams back in the race. Whether or not those four teams can strike a deal is insignificant, it's whether or not RJ wants to come here that brings an issue. It'll be hard for any team to top Konerko, Garland and a prospect...we all know this, but does RJ want to be on the Southside? Not likely.

Read the thread I posted about Arizona, Jason...

For what it's worth, Stark said in his version of the story that friends close to Johnson say he is not interested in the White Sox.

Well I guess that ends that. Time for Kenny to move on, imo.

On a side note, while Johnson isn't going to be a Yank. Tim Hudson has demanded a contract extension by March 1st or he will not resign with the A's. He said he doesn't want a similar situation to Giambi or Tejada.

KENNY, DO IT. Hudson would look fantastic. Hell, just think him and PK already have chemistry since they were in that ESPN commercial a while back ;)

I wonder what would get Hudson. Would PK be involved, would Lee be involved.

Could a bigger deal exists with Hudson and Dotel coming to Chicago. Only thing I worry about is a potential Beane fleecing. Sometimes he does amazingly well, othertimes you can get him.

Well I guess that ends that.  Time for Kenny to move on, imo. 

On a side note, while Johnson isn't going to be a Yank.  Tim Hudson has demanded a contract extension by March 1st or he will not resign with the A's.  He said he doesn't want a similar situation to Giambi or Tejada.

KENNY, DO IT.  Hudson would look fantastic.  Hell, just think him and PK already have chemistry since they were in that ESPN commercial a while back ;)

I wonder what would get Hudson.  Would PK be involved, would Lee be involved. 

Could a bigger deal exists with Hudson and Dotel coming to Chicago.  Only thing I worry about is a potential Beane fleecing.  Sometimes he does amazingly well, othertimes you can get him.

Would be nice to land Hudson, I'm not sure if Konerko or Lee, and Garland would be enough for Beane.

Would be nice to land Hudson, I'm not sure if Konerko or Lee, and Garland would be enough for Beane.

I wonder what Beane wants, if its prospects, power hitting, or what. If the Sox picked up Hudson and signed a FA pitcher then wow. Assuming Garland is a part of a deal.

The one thing that worries me is the lack of relief names I've heard. The Sox drastically need to upgrade the pen. Farnsworth would be a nice start, but they need two pickups, imo. A pen with Diaz, Cotts, Adkins and Politte all contributing heavily isn't a pen I like.

I wonder what Beane wants, if its prospects, power hitting, or what.  If the Sox picked up Hudson and signed a FA pitcher then wow.  Assuming Garland is a part of a deal.

The one thing that worries me is the lack of relief names I've heard.  The Sox drastically need to upgrade the pen.  Farnsworth would be a nice start, but they need two pickups, imo.  A pen with Diaz, Cotts, Adkins and Politte all contributing heavily isn't a pen I like.

I think Beane would ask for Marte in a deal for Hudson.

This is going to be so interesting because while they don't HAVE to trade the Unit now, I can't see how a reasonable person could think they'd get more than Javy/Halsey/Duncan and cash in July. I think they have to move by February to max out. Otherwise they have to deal for essentially a One uber-prospect package or a bunch of slightly lesser ones.

You may be right.

Would Marte/Konerko/Garland for Hudson and Dotel be something you all would consider? I think Oakland would have to accept that. I hate giving up Marte though, but if they give him up they better at the very least get Dotel.

Sox cannot afford to trade marte. He is still one of the best relief pitcher in baseball while be a lefty. Alot of people were disppointed with his ''bad'' year, but his bad year is better than the league average.