Joe Borchard

Butter Parque

Will Joe Borchard Make the Team out of Spring Training?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will Joe Borchard Make the Team out of Spring Training?

• Yes
    • No

No, without a monster ST Joe doesn't make the roster.

The only reason Joe got so many at bats last year was for the lack of any RH right field alternative. At a minimum, a healthy Carl Everett is an alternative this year and I don't expect them to break camp without some kind of fall back plan. If not a trade, maybe Sweeney or Anderson to play CF with ARow in RF against lefties.

I think Joe's 'potential' tag has run it's course and don't think he gets back to the Major Leagues unless he earns it on the field. Even if he merits a roster spot, Ozzie will make him earn his at bats, just like ARow had to.

No, without a monster ST Joe doesn't make the roster.

The only reason Joe got so many at bats last year was for the lack of any RH right field alternative.  At a minimum, a healthy Carl Everett is an alternative this year  and I don't expect them to break camp without some kind of fall back plan.  If not a trade, maybe Sweeney or Anderson to play CF with ARow in RF against lefties.

I think Joe's 'potential' tag has run it's course and don't think he gets back to the Major Leagues unless he earns it on the field.  Even if he merits a roster spot, Ozzie will make him earn his at bats, just like ARow had to.

I think Rowand has earned the right to be an everyday player next year.

Yes, but only because Frank won't be ready to start the season. Then you'll have Lee, Rowand, Borchard as your starting OF with Timo as the the 4th and Everett as your DH. And maybe one of Escobar, Sweeney or Anderson as a 5th outfielder, but prob not since Ozzie likes to carry 3 catchers.

:o I'm genuinely suprised at how many of you think the Sox are fed up with Mighty Joe.  They paid this kid a lot of dough.

Now, SHOULD Joe be on the team?  Probably not.

Will he?  Probably.

At some point that $5.3 million has got to stop being an excuse. They paid him the $$.. it's gone. They need to move on. To be honest.. I don't even think Joe gives a crap about baseball anymore. Invested right.. that $$ guaranteed he would never have to work a real job ever. Hopefully he was smart with it.

At some point that $5.3 million has got to stop being an excuse. They paid him the $$.. it's gone. They need to move on. To be honest.. I don't even think Joe gives a crap about baseball anymore. Invested right.. that $$ guaranteed he would never have to work a real job ever. Hopefully he was smart with it.

I agree Steff...they do need to move on. I just don't think that moving on will happen this ST. I'm just wondering if a lot of you think he "shouldn't" be on the roster, or he "won't" be on the roster...cause those are two very different things.