Are the Tigers richer than the Sox?

shakes

Haha, I know what you're thinking.

i don't.

it was just off-the-top-of-my-head speculation about why they're buying so many players all of a sudden the last two years. could be that a coupla their ridiculous contracts expired and freed up money too i dunno. could be that domino's breadsticks went thru the roof. the hell do i know? just making conversation. maybe the topic blew up before and i missed it or something; my bad.

i don't.

it was just off-the-top-of-my-head speculation about why they're buying so many players all of a sudden the last two years. could be that a coupla their ridiculous contracts expired and freed up money too i dunno. could be that domino's breadsticks went thru the roof. the hell do i know? just making conversation. maybe the topic blew up before and i missed it or something; my bad.

No bad on your part. Someone else suggested previously that he use the Wings $$ to pay Tiger's salaries.. which isn't allowed.

i don't.

Two things.

1. The owner of the Tigers/Red Wings also owns Little Ceasers, not Dominos.

2. The topic was brought up before, because thought he was taking money out of the hockey team and putting it into baseball. You can't do that..

Point is that Ilitch has lots of money and with the ASG coming to town, he's spending it knowing he'll make it back.

seattle mariners are owned by the owner of Nintendo and several Microsoft multimillionaires. They run the team like a business. They are business men like JR and the Detriot guy. Detriot has not spent alot of money the past three seasons. They were rebuilding forming a team in which they can just add some pieces. Now they are doing that. Its a classic approach to how to re-build a team with a core of farm players. Its something we will be trying one day.

I know Mario is good with this sort of thing, but I find it hard to believe Pohlad has more money then Big Stein.

Well i do know he is worth 2.1 billion.

http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/54/200...datatype=Person

Edit: As of last year he is worth 2.1 and worth 2.2 billion in 2004. George steinbrenner is not on the least from what i can see.