Comic of the Day

LowerCaseRepublican

If unfunny and untrue are the words of the day, then this cartoon rocked!

It's actually quite dead on. The nation of Iraq had nothing to do with the people who attacked us on 9/11.

In 2001, Condoleezza Rice and Powell (later 2 of the most vocal people for the war) said that Iraq posed no threat to the United States.

If we invaded Iraq for "weapons of mass destruction", then why are we advocating Israel to have it's (previously before Vanunu blew the whistle) secret nuke program. If we had found out about their WMD given their borderline belligerance in dealing with other nations, if they did not allow UN inspectors in, would the US have invaded Israel to take out their nukes? Or how about India/Pakistan? I am much more afraid of walking through a nuclear winter wonderland because those 2 countries can't stop fighting over Kashmir than I was of Saddam Hussein's "weapons of mass destruction related program activities".

It's actually quite dead on.  The nation of Iraq had nothing to do with the people who attacked us on 9/11.

In 2001, Condoleezza Rice and Powell (later 2 of the most vocal people for the war) said that Iraq posed no threat to the United States.

If we invaded Iraq for "weapons of mass destruction", then why are we advocating Israel to have it's (previously before Vanunu blew the whistle) secret nuke program.  If we had found out about their WMD given their borderline belligerance in dealing with other nations, if they did not allow UN inspectors in, would the US have invaded Israel to take out their nukes?  Or how about India/Pakistan?  I am much more afraid of walking through a nuclear winter wonderland because those 2 countries can't stop fighting over Kashmir than I was of Saddam Hussein's "weapons of mass destruction related program activities".

Yes, you're right. You've got it very tough from your beanbag chair there in Illinois. I'll remember to light a candle for ya. It'll be a-ok though. There's no place like home, there's no place like home.

Yes, you're right. You've got it very tough from your beanbag chair there in Illinois. I'll remember to light a candle for ya. It'll be a-ok though. There's no place like home, there's no place like home.

No, please. Let's talk policy. I respect the troops enough not to throw them into a bloodbath invading a nation that did not attack the United States nor was it a threat to the US.

Your assertion that I somehow do not support the soldiers is laughable. Questioning of policy is not off limits and if you're really into the mentality that "Only soldiers can question policy" then perhaps you could go discuss it with Iraq Vets Against the War http://www.ivaw.net/ or pick up "War Is a Racket" by former General Smedley Butler USMC.