Who will be the worst team in baseball this year?

southsider2k5

The more I look at it, I wonder if the Tampa Bay Devil Rays could beat our AAA team. I am pretty sure our AAA staff would have more talent, espesially if Josh Stewart was included in that mix. They have no offense. And they have 17 guys making the minimum as rookies or 2nd year players!

But Detroit might be able to challenge them, and KC could be a couple of salary dumps away from being that bad also.

I dunno, but I'm thinking the Padres.

- Pete

I might agree with that. They were already going to be a .500 at best team, then they lost Nevin and Hoffman for the season, and there's not much hope for them to get better anytime soon.

I think the D'Rays will actually be respectable considering their amount of talent (either that, or Lou will be dead by the AS break). The only team I could see being worse than the Padres would be the Tigers.

- Pete

no way, they have some good young arms and some decent bats...while not great, nowhere near the lack of talent found on the staffs of kc or tampa, or maybe even milwaukee

kc's rotation is a joke, and tampa bay is a major league team made up of basically AAA players, so i think a 3 game series with our AAA team would be pretty interesting. how bad is tampa's AAA team considering all their players are on the big league roster? lol

- Pete

no way, they have some good young arms and some decent bats...while not great, nowhere near the lack of talent found on the staffs of kc or tampa, or maybe even milwaukee

kc's rotation is a joke, and tampa bay is a major league team made up of basically AAA players, so i think a 3 game series with our AAA team would be pretty interesting. how bad is tampa's AAA team considering all their players are on the big league roster? lol

The Padres will be ugly, but this is a year for development for them. They do have quite a few very talented prospects, both position wise (Xavier Nady, Sean Burroughs, Vazquez) and pitching wise.