Kenny Lofton

Butter Parque

If you are referring to byrd he is only 27. Far from over hill, cheap as hell, near league minimum. Down side of his career? He has only played two full season in the majors and i would not even sat it was two full years. Yes, last year was terrible for him. But why not get someone while their stock is low? If he pans out it looks like a steal.

Who is SPod who should be in CF in 05 for the Sox?

If you are referring to byrd he is only 27. Far from over hill, cheap as hell, near league minimum. Down side of his career? He has only played two full season in the majors and i would not even sat it was two full years. Yes, last year was terrible for him. But why not get someone while their stock is low? If he pans out it looks like a steal.

QWERTY,

I believe the original topic of this post was get Kenny Lofton and trade Joe Borchard?! I don't want Byrd anyway and Lofton is now in Philly.

Who is SPod who should be in CF in 05 for the Sox?

You are killing me. Byrd was in the minors for about a combined three and a half years while hitting .303, 76 home runs, and .508 slugging percentage. Posednik on the other hand was in the minors for nine f***ing years. He was a career .265, 22 home runs and a pathetic .347 slugging percentage. But podesednik is better. :rolly

You are killing me. Byrd was in the minors for about a combined three and a half years while hitting .303, 76 home runs, and .508 slugging percentage. Posednik on the other hand was in the minors for nine f***ing years. He was a career .265, 22 home runs and  a pathetic .347 slugging percentage. But podesednik is better. :rolly

HMM a leadoff hitter that steals bases, and is a singles hitter...Yeah why would we want that here, I mean we need the "boopers" cause it has worked so well so far. :rolly

Hey was it not him that said that the only thing that matter to a leadoff hitter, and 2nd place is obp...just asking if thats okay for him.

You're (Notice the spelling) the one taking his quotes out of context. Why do you have to be an ass and a troll about it?

Sure let's let Frank leadoff. It's not that bad of an idea.

The main problem with it is that Frank can utilize his strengths lower in the order. You do not need a guy hitting 40 homers at the top of the order leading off games, you want that guy in the 3 or 4 spot in the lineup so he can hit 2 and 3 run homers.

Apparently he is great at not going too far over the line. He just likes to irritate everyone and anyone. I will give him that he is very good at doing something useless.

I said the same thing on another thread. It's getting tiresome ;)

Why does everyone want these damn geezers on this team. We are already wasting $4 mill on Everett; I see strings for more alomar. My gawd

We need a REAL lead off hitter in his prime or approaching that prime

A stopgap is fine, if you're set at most positions

We aren't set at 1/2 the positions, so we should not be looking for stopgaps

How are you not banned yet?

He was trying to make a funny point, and it didn't work. Just ignore him if you don't like him. Who really cares...all I know is I have to read through five pages of crap of some of you guys fighting over the same stuff, over and over again. It is really old, and it is always the same people complaining about it. Nothing is expected out of him, but some of you have gained respect here, so please just be bigger people and ignore him. I don't think his comments have any malice, he just doesn't pick the right time or place.

All I know is I don't like reading a post a page while the rest is about posters fighting.