2004-2005 High School Basketball Thread!

Brian

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Nokona @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
GBN beat my Cougars 38-37 as the Cougars miss a layup (Matty Collins was fouled) and then the put back as time expired.

Can't argue going to down with that fight.

Scheyer was held to 14 pts.

There was no foul. Or at least no foul that is going to be called in the last 5 seconds of a game. To be honest, I didn't see any contact, but there was a lot going on. Hell of a game.

WHarris- 16 teams are left.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)
If anyone wants to listen to the GBN vs. Conant game or just wants to hear my voice out of curiousity, I will be announcing the game. It is a 7:30 tip, but we will probably start a few mins before that to preview the game. Audio Link If for whatever reason that link is wrong or doesn't work go here and click on the obvious LIVE FRIDAY BOYS BASKETBALL link.

Were u the play by play dude or the special comments guru?

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
There was no foul. Or at least no foul that is going to be called in the last 5 seconds of a game. To be honest, I didn't see any contact, but there was a lot going on. Hell of a game.

WHarris- 16 teams are left.

I haven't really been following until about a week ago, Naperville Central pretty much has no shot of winning it right?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
Were u the play by play dude or the special comments guru?

Play by play. I was talking the most as a result of that. Did you listen?

WHarris- NC was a 10 seed in their sectional and there are about 16 teams in each sectional. Thus they aren't supposed to be very good, but they must be hot now. Can't count anyone out at this point, that's why it's March Madness.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)

WHarris- NC was a 10 seed in their sectional and there are about 16 teams in each sectional. Thus they aren't supposed to be very good, but they must be hot now. Can't count anyone out at this point, that's why it's March Madness.

Alright, thanks for the info.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)

Ya I had no idea which one you were at the end of the game. And then there was a strecth where the feed cut in and out. But I thought you guys did a good job. Actually a really good job. Do you usually announce Dan? I know you've done it in the past but are you doing it for every game?

Considering I was in the 3rd row right in front of the play, Matty got bumped pretty hard while he was in the air. No contact with the ball, but he still got disrupted. It's cool though, hope you guys win it all. But thats just so we can say we lost to the state champs by 1 =).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
Ya I had no idea which one you were at the end of the game.  And then there was a strecth where the feed cut in and out.  But I thought you guys did a good job.  Actually a really good job.  Do you usually announce Dan?  I know you've done it in the past but are you doing it for every game?

I get to announce about 4 games the entire school year. That includes fall, winter, and spring sports though so I've only done 2 basketball games this year. Thanks for the compliments.

Nokona- I've said it before and I'll say it again, that was an awesome game and your team deserves a ton of credit. Is Taylor playing anywhere in college?

Predictions for Supersectionals, add your own as well:

CLASS AA SUPERSECTIONALS

MONDAY'S GAMES

UNITED CENTER 1

Crane vs. New Trier, 6 > NT

UNITED CENTER 2

Thornton vs. Homewood-Flossmoor, 7:45 > Thornton

TUESDAY'S GAMES

(All games at 7:30 p.m. unless noted)

SIU-EDWARDSVILLE

Carbondale vs. Alton, 8 > Carbondale

NIU

Naperville Central vs. Downers Grove South > DGS

LOYOLA

Glenbrook North vs. Waukegan > GBN

UIC

Proviso East vs. Brother Rice > PE

MOLINE

Larkin vs. Rockford Jefferson > Jefferson

NORMAL

Lincoln vs. Washington > Lincoln

State Round 1: Carbondale over NT, Thornton over DGS, Proviso over GBN, Rockford Jefferson over Lincoln

State Semis: Thornton over Carbondale, Proviso over Jefferson

3rd place: Carbondale

Champs: Thornton?

Freddy wasn't graced with the book smarts. I'm not really sure where he'll end up going but he can make some plays.

We had a hell of a good time watching the guys but personally, i think Matt Collins could do some damage in the next two years. He's going to be great.

Ok, I'll take a shot.

Crane over New Trier

HF over Thornton

Carbondale over Alton

Downers Grove South over Naperville Central

Glenbrook North over Waukegan

Brother Rice over Proviso East

Jefferson over Larkin

Washington over Lincoln

I won't predict state because I would be too biased.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Mar 12, 2005 -> 01:35 PM)
Considering I was in the 3rd row right in front of the play, Matty got bumped pretty hard while he was in the air. No contact with the ball, but he still got disrupted.  It's cool though, hope you guys win it all. But thats just so we can say we lost to the state champs by 1 =).

was also there, i hope glenbrook burns, i hate that stupid wallace kid, kept hitting those dang threes, too bad no Izzo or Weber sightings

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Mar 13, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
was also there, i hope glenbrook burns, i hate that stupid wallace kid, kept hitting those dang threes, too bad no Izzo or Weber sightings

Haha, it's spelled Wallis oddly enough. He made it all the way to state in the 3 point contest last year, he can stroke it. He didn't compete in it this year because of injury.

If it's any consolation to Conant, and I think this is, you have way more hot chicks. My neck was on a turntable when in line at the concessions.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
If it's any consolation to Conant, and I think this is, you have way more hot chicks. My neck was on a turntable when in line at the concessions.

Haha, we know =). Cheerleaders took 4th in state this weekend.