2004-2005 High School Basketball Thread!

Brian

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(danman31 @ Feb 26, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Simeon beat Marshall and Westinghouse beat Von Stueben in the 2 semis. The championship game will be 7 pm tonight on WCIU.

Warren vs. Evanston LIVE today at 2pm on WTTW Channel 11.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 26, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
Warren vs. Evanston LIVE today at 2pm on WTTW Channel 11.

Thanks for the heads up. It will give me a chance to scout the Devils. ;)

Also, I forgot to mention that last night GBN closed out their regular season with a 51-42 win at Deerfield. That's 2 straight years of 10-0 in conference play. Coolest of all is that Bruce Weber was at the game. His younger brother Dave coaches for GBN and Scheyer is considering going to Illinois. Weber parked right next to me and was 5 ft away from me. The guy never stops smiling lol.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
We (Valpo) play Merrilville tonight in a sectional semi-final battle. Both teams are 19-2 and have beat each other once. I can't wait for the game. :headbang

What a game! We were down by seven at half and completely dominated the second half and won 69-52. The win upped our record to 20-2 and the sectional championship is tomorrow night. :headbang

GBN played well to win their regional final 64-42 over Buffalo Grove. Next up: Lake Park at sectionals. Conant beat Palatine by 4 at their place to move on to the same sectional. They have upset happy Maine South next. Warren made the group 3/3 with a 10 point win over North Chicago. They have Waukegan in their next game. Waukegan is really dangerous and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the upset.

Looks like we could see some clashes here. Hopefully GBN can take both of your teams down. :D

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 5, 2005 -> 07:30 AM)
Warren made the group 3/3 with a 10 point win over North Chicago. They have Waukegan in their next game. Waukegan is really dangerous and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the upset.

Waukegan won't beat Warren. Warren beat em in Thanksgiving when Warren didn't have a few guys from football, I believe.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 5, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
I'm assuming in Illinois the sectional comes after the regional? Because here in Indiana the order goes sectional, regional, semi-state, state finals.

It's regional (2-3 games), sectional (2 games), super-sectional (1 game), state (final 8 teams).

Greg Oden and Lawrence North beat Indianapolis Arlington in Sectonals this weekend. Arlington was undefeated and ranked #3 in the country.

In Alabama, Mobile LeFlore was undefeated and ranked #2 in the country until last night's state championship game, losing big to Auburn HS. In 5A, Butler from Huntsville beat Mobile Shaw (which beat Richard Hendrix team in the semis). Butler was led by a 6-10 freshman who scored 14 points, had 12 rebounds and 9 blocked shots. His name...... Ralph Sampson III. Apparently the young Sampson has 2 inches and about 35 pounds on his dad at the same age.

CLASS 4A

1. MICHIGAN CITY

Concord (22-1) vs. Gary West Side (17-4).

South Bend Clay (13-11) vs. Valparaiso (21-2).

It looks like it will be a Valpo versus Concord matchup. Last year we beat Concord in this same game in Michigan City as well. I sure hope its a repeat this year.