What's the best cold weather feature on your car?

mreye

What's the best cold weather feature on your car?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best cold weather feature on your car?

• Rear Defrost
    • Remote Locks
    • Remote Start
    • Heated Seats
    • 4 Wheel Drive / All Wheel
    • Heater / Climate Control
    • Other

I think there's no question that it's the rear defogger. Get in a car without it.  :angry:

I rarely use mine (or rather, when I was in cold weather climates as I am not now). If you have the heat and front defrost on long enough (ie: 5 minutes), then all the windows are defrosted and defogged [or so from my experience]. On the other hand, the cold slab of leather on your rear ... now that remains cold for most of the commute/drive.

Now, if someone could somehow tie in the remote start into the seats (or if you just leave it depressed when you turn the vehicle off I suppose AND leave the heat on as well...), then the combination of having the vehicle started w/ the heat running for a few minutes...

Sweet Jeep. I didn't like the previous Jeeps until this year they put the Hemi in it. I know too many people who bought Jeeps pre 2005 and they have had tons of problems.

I don't follow on that at all. I had an '02 that I traded in and my wife drives an '04. You can easily get 200,000 miles on those engines w/o any major problems.

I don't follow on that at all. I had an '02 that I traded in and my wife drives an '04. You can easily get 200,000 miles on those engines w/o any major problems.

Most of the problems on the pre 2005 seemed to be electrical or Transmission related. One guy had his in the shop more than on the road. Kind of kept me away from wanting one.

Most of the problems on the pre 2005 seemed to be electrical or Transmission related. One guy had his in the shop more than on the road. Kind of kept me away from wanting one.

One guy? There's your answer right there....

A view of his transmission has to be priceless.

I put 'other'.  The best winter feature on my car is a good cold A/C.  :finger

Our winters can be rough down here - sometimes the temperature doesn't even crack 80 degrees.

On the other hand I actually had to wear long pants today, so it must be winter.

Yeah yeah Jim rub it in.... :finger :chair :lol:

I put 'other'.  The best winter feature on my car is a good cold A/C.  :finger

Our winters can be rough down here - sometimes the temperature doesn't even crack 80 degrees.

On the other hand I actually had to wear long pants today, so it must be winter.

I guess that means Hurricane season is over finally :lol:

On the previous model jeeps the major problems I've always heard of typically are electrical type problems. Mainly just areas of the dash board going out, power seat problems, power window problems (this happens quite frequently), and problems with the radio.

Luckily all are covered in the early stages. I think its mainly build problems but I know the engines are supposed to be pretty solid and I can't speak much on the tranny's.

My uncles a mechanic and is always telling us the flaws of different cars, lol. But I think on the most part a lot of cars are going to have their flaws considering how many are built. Of course the Japanese Makers seem to really excell. .