Reason for a Busy White Sox Offseason

Butter Parque

Picked b4 The SOx

Joe Mauer

Mark Prior

Mark Teixeira

After the Sox Picked..

Bobby Crosby..Hmm The rookie of the year and a SS.. Funny I think we are looking for a SS

Jeremy Bonderman

Chris Burke

David Wright

7/44=16%

Keep helping my arguement that KW needs to leave...

NEXT

2001 draft = 50 rounds x 30 players + supplemental picks = Over 1500 players drafted.

2002 draft = same

2003 draft = same

2004 draft = same

Total players = over 6000 drafted -- you named 7...one who lost 19 games, one who barely eclipsed 100 AB's

Harldy what I'd call helping thier team.

Unles you wanna count the .059 /.200 /.059 put up by Burke -- I don't know think Houston would have made the playoffs without that line :rolly

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gene Honda Civic asked: "How many players drafted since then (June 2001)have "helped their team"???

And apparently Anthraxfan believes only 44 players were drafted since June of 2001. 

Interesting.  :dips***

LMAO..

I was comparing 1st round players, compared to KW 1st round picks in the 01 draft..Keep trying.. make ur self look like the fool I know you are.

I like the dips*** comment, esp coming from you...

2001 draft = 50 rounds x 30 players + supplemental picks = Over 1500 players drafted.

2002 draft = same

2003 draft = same

2004 draft = same

Total players = over 6000 drafted -- you named 7...one who lost 19 games, one who barely eclipsed 100 AB's

Harldy what I'd call helping thier team.

Unles you wanna count the .059 /.200 /.059 put up by Burke -- I don't know think Houston would have made the playoffs without that line :rolly

SO KW has had, failed about 187 times so far.. Thanks for clearing that up. DOn't worry that number will go up if he is still the GM in June..

And who's fault is it that we don't have the pitching we need to win?

Let me guess...

JR.. No NO.. wait maybe you will say Ozzie.. no no wait maybe Jerry M...Keep facing the facts that KW needs to go, esp if we can't win the Div.

Yes, it was jerry manuel's fault for no pitching last year. :banghead I bet you think it was kenny william's fault that thomas and ordonez both got hurt last year right? He told willie harris to intentionally run into ordonez's knee right?

LMAO..

I was comparing 1st round players,  compared to KW 1st round picks in the 01 draft..Keep trying.. make ur self look like the fool I know you are.

I like the dips*** comment, esp coming from you...

I"m not the one who can't read.

Gene Honda Civic asked you "How many players drafted since then (SINCE JUNE OF 2001) have help out their team?"

You posted 7/44, 3 of which were drafted ahead of the Sox, Wright was just called up this year to help the Mets, and Burke had a line of .059 /.200 /.059. Crosby was the Rookie of the year, but he had the same BA as Crede, and struck out 141 times, so the number would be closer to 2 maybe 3 out of 44.

So not only do you suck at spelling, reading, and public relations, you also seem to have a difficult time with math. I can't believe you're holding 3 guys who were drafted before the Sox against KW. :rolly :dips***

Yes, it was jerry manuel's fault for no pitching last year. :banghead I bet you think it was kenny william's fault that thomas and ordonez both got hurt last year right? He told willie harris to intentionally run into ordonez's knee right?

If I sit here and tell you that Thomas should have been but a couple of years ago, of course you make some bull-s*** up about how I am wrong.. so I won't

But, what does those things have to do with the pitching???? which is what you were discussing, were you not?

So again who fault is it that we have no pitching going into '04? When you depend on Schoenwiess as a starter, anyone with half a brain,can tell you your going to fail. It didn't work for the Angels, so lets trade for him and try it here.. Yeah that makes sense.. but again KW never does.

TIME TO GET A NEW GM

Your lack of comprehension is actually starting to amaze me.

I can't believe how dumb you are sometimes (being nice there), honestly...

SO KW has had, failed about 187 times so far.. Thanks for clearing that up. DOn't worry that number will go up if he is still the GM in June..

Oye vey -- I feel like I'm repeating myself. KW is not in charge of the draft. Doug Laumann is.

I was just pointing out how stupid it is to complain about the drafts, when fewer than 1% of the drafts contribute in the major leagues in 3 years. That's a 99% "failure" rate

The draft is a crap shoot as it is, less than 5% of players selected make any contribution after 6 years, which is the earliest you should really judge a draft class as a whole. That's a 95% "failure" rate.

Oye vey -- I feel like I'm repeating myself. KW is not in charge of the draft. Doug Laumann is.

I was just pointing out how stupid it is to complain about the drafts, when fewer than 1% of the drafts contribute in the major leagues in 3 years.  That's a 99% "failure" rate

The draft is a crap shoot as it is, less than 5% of players selected make any contribution after 6 years, which is the earliest you should really judge a draft class as a whole. That's a 95% "failure" rate.

OKay so your saying that not only KW needs to get Fired but, Doug Laumann as well.. Okay I can agree with you there, as long as KW gets the AXE, then bring a new GM in here who can get a scouting dept.. since they report to the GM.

Your lack of comprehension is actually starting to amaze me.

I can't believe how dumb you are sometimes (being nice there), honestly...

Really? He was starting to mention jerry manuel's name as a reason why we had no pitching last year. He was saying it to be a smart ass. I also said that he probally feels it is kw's fault that ordonez and thomas got injured because he thinks everything else is kw's fault.

Edit: I see that you were talking about antrax. :cheers

Really? He was starting to mention jerry manuel's name as a reason why we had no pitching last year. He was saying it to be a smart ass. I also said that he probally feels it is kw's fault that prdonez and thomas got injured because he thiks everything else is kw's fault.

Edit: I see that you were talking about ME. :cheers

And you still think that the reason Thomas and Maggs are so great is becuase of KW. And I wonder why Sox fans get a bad rap...now I know why.

CWSGuy406, for once you and I agree.. qwerty makes me laugh at how he just goes off the topic to aviod the questions.

Kind of the like the way how Gene Honda Civic asked you how many players drafted since June 2001 have helped out their teams, and you posted the names of some of the guys drafted in the first round of the 2001 draft, including guys that were drafted BEFORE the Sox had a chance to draft. :rolly

And you still think that the reason Thomas and Maggs are so great is becuase of KW.  And I wonder why Sox fans get a bad rap...now I know why.

Wtf, where did that come from? Also they did sign a fifth starter last year robert person. This is answering your question that i did not answer earlier because i felt it was retarded because we all know it is not solely kw's fault. Every single thing has got to go before jr and basically what he says goes.

Kind of the like the way how Gene Honda Civic asked you how many players drafted since June 2001 have helped out their teams, and you posted the names of some of the guys drafted in the first round of the 2001 draft, including guys that were drafted BEFORE the Sox had a chance to draft.  :rolly

I'm just trying to fit in here..

Same as yours we were talking about the 04 pitchiing staff and you went off to left feild about maggs and Thomas. avioding that KW failed.. (like always) to secure a good enough pitching staff that was needed.

No, that was basically the same thing. You were blaming kenny williams's for no fifth starter. So i was curious if you thought it was his fault that they got injured. How does that not make sense to you? Does not seem very difficult.

No, that was basically the same thing. You were blaming kenny williams's for no fifth starter. So i was curious if you thought it was his fault that they got injured. How does that not make sense to you? Does not seem very difficult.

NO 5th we didn't have a 4th either...

and Yes it is KW fault for no 4th or 5th Starter.

Wait lets hear who fault it is this week.

NO 5th we didn't have a 4th either...

and Yes it is KW fault for no 4th or 5th Starter.

Wait  lets here who fault it is this week.

To start the season.

Buehrle.

Loaiza.

Garland.

Schoeneweis.

Wright.

Also, like i said they did sign robert person but he got injured in spring training.

In 2003, here was our expected starting rotation with 2002 Stats:

Buehrle: 19-12

Colon: 20-8

Garland: 12-12

Wright: 14-12

Loaiza: 9-10

The Sox were trying to get Kenny Rogers, but JR wouldn't pony the extra $1 million to get him, so he went to Minnesota and won 13 games. Is it KW's fault that JR wouldn't pony up another $1 million for a Scott Boras client?

Just imagine if our 2003 rotation was:

Buehrle

Colon

Loaiza

Rogers

Garland

Too bad Manuel would be pulling them all after the sixth or as soon as their pitch count reached 90. Let's blame KW for that too!

To start the season.

Buehrle.

Loaiza.

Garland.

Schoeneweis.

Wright.

Also, like i said they did sign robert person but he got injured in spring training.

So again.. No 4th or 5th starter...

When are you going to see KW failled to put a contender on the field in 04 even before the injuries.