Reason for a Busy White Sox Offseason

Butter Parque

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then he would b**** that we gave up such great talent even though he said the minors blow and it is ''kw's'' fault for it that.

The guy isn't a sox fan.

He's a typical troll. Maybe a scrubbie fan or a twins fan. He acts just enough like a Sox fan that he's not banned but he's no fan of this team.

Then he would b**** that we gave up such great talent even though he said the minors blow and it is ''kw's'' fault for it that.

And since we kept these prospects, he's b****ing about how they haven't contributed to the MLB level like Joe Maurer, Mark Prior or Mark Teixiera. :rolly

:lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

Yeah the only thing we finish last in is the draft for the next year.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Dude, you're done.

You and pretty much everyone here would fail miserably as GM don't even say otherwise, you'd be lying.

Only because you would overpay for some fatass free agent ,like Colon, before the winter meetings losing your first round draft picks.

Yep cause a 18 game winner, is something the Sox don't need.. instead lets bring

Robert Pearson back, Great Idea

:rolly

And how would I loss picks for someone that is already on my team? :huh:

Yep cause a 18 game winner, is something the Sox don't need.. instead lets bring

And how would I loss picks for someone that is already on my team?  :huh:

Dude there is this thing called money. You don't have unlimited supply of it, contary to your belief. We aren't the Yankees, get over it.

BTW, who in hell is Rober Pearson?

He had a f***ing 5.01 era over the course of the year. But i know, it is not how you start it is how you finish. Anyway it is robert person.

An 18 game winner with an ERA of 5.01(6.38 in the first half, meaning we would have been out of it, because thats worse then Scott Shoenweis or Dan Wright or Felix Diaz or practically any other starter out there), with a WHIP of 1.37.

Why are you always quoting people out of context? :huh:

I said a guy LIKE Colon.

I guess Mr. Know it all doesn't remember how Anaheim (and others) lost their first round draft picks because they were signing guys before the arbitration deadline. It makes it alot easier for a team to decided whether they should offer a free agent arbitration AFTER he signs with another team.

But I bet you already knew that. :rolly

Hey Become a Devil Rays fan then you can, have the budget and excuses for bad teams.

The true Sox fans will not miss you.

I may not agree with Jeckle all the time, but he's as passionate of a Sox fan as they come.

You, on the other hand, seem to be happy pissing people off. You've accomplished that, so you can be happy... ;)

What about a troll like yourself?

How to plan to excite yourself if you don't have anyone piss off?

:huh:

I am a true Sox fan, knowing what it takes to win, and do not take losing for the past 4 years..and soon to be 5 with the way KW runs the sox.

But you guys will be happy we will be under budget :rolly

:huh:

I am a true Sox fan, knowing what it takes to win, and do not take losing for the past 4 years..and soon to be 5 with the way KW runs the sox.

But you guys will be happy we will be under budget :rolly

KW does not determine what the budget will be.

Did you act like a prick (or as you call it "true sox fan") from 1995-1999 when the Sox were in the top 3 in the MLB in payroll (1996-1997) but still had a hard time reaching .500, let alone the playoffs? :huh:

What makes this site great is that people are not banned just for being called trolls by enough people, or the 'right' people. Sometimes you have to tolerate people who are really obvious. He does follow the rules...

Why do y'all keep responding when he posts? C'mon, do you really think anyone's going to think you agree w/ him?

His first post in any thread, it's like a roulette wheel. Just make it entertainment -- try to guess if it's going to be "Oh yeah, Jaret Wright is good" or "Oh yeah, Polanco is good" or "Oh yeah, KW is going to make this team competitive" (always with the rolling eye thingy at the end). It could be a thread about a new Polish sausage vendor at the Cell, it doesn't matter. It's just a matter of time.

Anthrax, nothing you say is revolutionary. Lots of people here think Wright isn't good enough, or Polanco won't help, or KW should be fired, or Podsednik is fantabulous. It's not the message, noone gives a f, it HAS been said before. It's the way you do it. You try to hijack every goddamned thread, you're just egging for a fight. Stop that and you'll get respect. I don't think you care, so I'm not getting involved w/ you.

Don't let him ruin every thread. You don't need an ignore feature to ignore someone.

On some of Anthrax's points I don't agree on, But I do agree on two things other then the fact that we both want KW gone.

1) I do agree that a good GM and a good organization overcomes injuries and other problems to be successful. The Anaheim Angels had a ton of problems last season. Garrett Anderson was out the first half of the season, Erstad was hurt, Colon was pitching like a dog, they had to suspend Jose Guillen in the home-stretch of a playoff race and Tim Salmon, Brendan Donnelly, and Adam Kennady missed a little bit of time. They overcame that though and got into the playoffs, granted they had Vlad Guerrero but we had Paul Konerko and Carlos Lee, so whats our excuse. There are no excuses because injuries are never excuses, they're used as scapegoats of denial. The fact is, we should have been in the playoffs for two straight seasons and we weren't.

2) I also agree with Anthrax on the fact that for the beginning of the 2004 season, Ken Williams did not put the best possible team that he could of on the field. There was no excuse for Scott Shoenweis being our 4th starter. I can accept him being a 5th, but no way in hell a 4th, and don't give that Robert Person crap because give me a break, Robert Person wasn't helping this ball club. KW is known for his ability to make trades, and maybe he even tried to, to help the pitching staff in the offseason, but the fact is, he didn't help us out. Now no, I wouldn't want him to give up the farm for someone, but it's his job to figure out how to get things done and he failed at that.

Pitching was a huge reason for last season's team not making the playoffs, and who's fault is that. Chisoxfn, in one of his blogs proved that the pitching was the most responsible for the failed season, both starting and relief. There weren't any significant injuries, so what was the problem?

The injuries to Maggs and Frank hurt, but they weren't the deciding factor in our playoffless season, the pitching was and that's KW's fault becuase I think even he would agree that that pitching wasn't the best that could have been put out on the field.

You don't need an ignore feature to ignore someone.

Yes you do, at least i know i do. Because when i see utter bulls*** i have to respond to him and make him look like an idiot. Like cheat and santo have both done several times in this thread. But then he just comes back with ''like always you are just missing the point. When he says that you have to prove once more to him that he is wrong.

1) I do agree that a good GM and a good organization overcomes injuries and other problems to be successful. The Anaheim Angels had a ton of problems last season. Garrett Anderson was out the first half of the season, Erstad was hurt, Colon was pitching like a dog, they had to suspend Jose Guillen in the home-stretch of a playoff race and Tim Salmon, Brendan Donnelly, and Adam Kennady missed a little bit of time. They overcame that though and got into the playoffs, granted they had Vlad Guerrero but we had Paul Konerko and Carlos Lee, so whats our excuse. There are no excuses because injuries are never excuses, they're used as scapegoats of denial. The fact is, we should have been in the playoffs for two straight seasons and we weren't.

2) I also agree with Anthrax on the fact that for the beginning of the 2004 season, Ken Williams did not put the best possible team that he could of on the field. There was no excuse for Scott Shoenweis being our 4th starter. I can accept him being a 5th, but no way in hell a 4th, and don't give  that Robert Person crap because give me a break, Robert Person wasn't helping this ball club. KW is known for his ability to make trades, and maybe he even tried to, to help the pitching staff in the offseason, but the fact is, he didn't help us out. Now no, I wouldn't want him to give up the farm for someone, but it's his job to figure out how to get things done and he failed at that.

Pitching was a huge reason for last season's team not making the playoffs, and who's fault is that. Chisoxfn, in one of his blogs proved that the pitching was the most responsible for the failed season, both starting and relief. There weren't any significant injuries, so what was the problem?

The injuries to Maggs and Frank hurt, but they weren't the deciding factor in our playoffless season, the pitching was and that's KW's fault becuase I think even he would agree that that pitching wasn't the best that could have been put out on the field.

The Angels have one of the deepest lineups in the league, and to boot, they have one of the best bullpens in the league as well. Having that helped a lot in getting through their struggles in May. Scoscia is a better manager then Ozzie...I know that. But you cannot place full blame on KW's shoulders for that move...if you were GM, who would you have hired?

And them having Eckstein come back with a very solid year and Figgins having a very solid year playing 2B, 3B, and CF when necessary was a big boost to them. Having a good top of the order is even more important then having big hitters in the middle of your order.

Secondly, KW did have a plan to have a very solid team, but he put all his eggs in one basket and the plan fell through. Had ARod ended up in Boston, we would have had Nomar and Williamson from Boston, and there were reports that with the rougly $2 mill saved(Nomar made $11.5 mill, Williamson about $1 mill, with Maggs making $14 mill last year), the M's and Sox would have made a trade sending Freddy Garcia to Chicago for Jose Valentin...and while in hind sight that looks like it would have favored the Sox like no other and seems unthinkable, it was a very true rumor at the time...Freddy Garcia was coming off a very bad year in a very good pitcher's ballpark, and Jose Valentin was coming off a .240 28 70 year with very solid defense from the SS position, and if he failed in Seattle, they could have just dumped him, knowing he was a FA after the season. We would have been short a RFer at that point in time, but we would have had a 5-man rotation, one of the best offensive SS's in the game in Nomar, and a very solid bullpen with Politte, Marte, Koch, Williamson, and Shingo, along with 2 of Adkins, Cotts, and Jackson.

His plan was not the problem...it was the outcome that was the problem, and the outcome was that nothing happened, because talks broke down between Boston and Texas and the MLBPA