20/20 episode on doping

After touching on football, it gets to baseball.

Conte claims that steroid problems are at least as great there as any sport, ridicules the testing procedure. (No argument here.)

Bonds can drop his whole f***ing anger routine. He makes almost $20 mil a year, he's an asshole, and he's been juiced for years. Okay, he WAS a great player. But Barry, you've got s*** on Josh Gibson. But I have to say, no new info in this report.

They're using the "Kill Bill" theme -- too good a film to tarnish w/ this pretty lightweight report.

Hmmm seems that show is kind of a waste of time eh? What did he say about Marion Jones??

That she injected herself in front of him.

I don't think the show is a waste of time. Not everyone reads the sports page closely -- a show like this reaches people, surprises people, that wouldn't otherwise notice the story. A truly PUBLIC reaction requires outrage by these people as well, those who follow it only lightly, or only know people who follow and treasure athletics as a wonderful, respectable part of society.

There I was being self centered again lol. I am sure it holds very good interest for casual fans and those who follow slightly. It is a great way to get the word out to others about what has been going on. It also kind of knocks down a lot of people who young kids may have looked up to as a role model and are now dashed over it.

There I was being self centered again lol. I am sure it holds very good interest for casual fans and those who follow slightly. It is a great way to get the word out to others about what has been going on. It also kind of knocks down a lot of people who young kids may have looked up to as a role model and are now dashed over it.

Yeah, one part of my family is not very interested in sports, except for one person (who passed away). I don't know if they'd notice the whole thing w/o stories by 20/20 and programs like that. You're right, no real news to anyone who frequents this site, but these reports are still useful.

Sorry to hear about your family member who passed. Yeah some of my family don't get into sports as well and if it weren't for shows like this they wouldn't have a clue there are sports still lol.

That was a LONG time ago. No need for consolations. Just trying to be accurate -- he was pretty dedicated to his (ugh) Twins.