Sox still remain favorites to sign Wright

santo=dorf

According to the Seattle Times, the Mariners' three-year offer to Jaret Wright is worth about $9 million, not $15 million.

Sometimes it's really hard to take Bill Bavasi's team seriously. It looks like the White Sox remain the favorites to sign Wright.

Per Rotoworld.

Now how many of you would be against giving Wright a 3 year deal worth $12 million?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3 yr $9 mill offer is a joke, seeing how a guy like Paul Wilson got over $4 mill a yr for 2 yrs.

Wright is a no-brainer for ATL to go to arb. with, so any team will lose a draft pick. The only thing that could be holding up a potential signing is Wright and his agent waiting on other teams to submit offers. If teams haven't by now, I don't see many suddenly going after him unless bigger names start dropping off the board. [which should take more time]. Lesser guys like Ortiz seem closer to signing than big names like Pavano, Radke, Pedro.

But I'll tell ya what, if we do get wright, we will have 5 pitchers with a huge upside.

I think we know what kind of pitcher buehrle is, a workhorse who'll give ya a 3.5-4 era year in and year out. Garcia,Contreras,Wright,Garland could give u sub 3 era and could give you 5+ era......

If things come together though in the rotation, we will be a favorite to win the world series. I'll get some laughs from this but it is true. How many teams would have 5 dominant pitchers and a solid offense?

Per Rotoworld.

Now how many of you would be against giving Wright a 3 year deal worth $12 million?

Four million per year would be an absolute steal, IMHO.

Three years, twelve million, sign me up. Like CS05 said, durability with him scares me, but at four million per year, for a guy who has stuff that can dominate, wow...

I still have a feeling he'll be a Brave.  That said, Kenny could answer our nagging rotation problem with this signing.  I'm hopeful it goes down.  Let's just not overpay for a guy that never pitched over 200 innings in a season.

No he won't. Atlanta is going to offer arbitration, and he'll most likely reject it because he only made $850,000 last year and I believe arbitration can only double a player's salary.

Atlanta has $40 million locked up in Andruw, Chipper, and Smoltz for next season, which is half of their expected payroll.

If this report is true, we would essentially be giving Omar's money to Wright. Which means we could still afford trading for Randy Johnson. :pray

Johnson

Buehrle

Garcia

Wright

Contreras

:headbang

But like I said, it would take a lot of :pray to make it happen.

please....

shut.up.about.randy.

oh... and did i mention....

please....

shut.up.about.randy.

NO HAPPENING

change your sig much?

thank you, and goodnight

It would be great if we did get him though, wouldn't it?

Just for a moment, imagine that rotation in the playoffs...

Johnson

Garcia

Buehrle

Wright

Contreras

Ahhhh....kind of feels like you are in a nice, warm bath.

change your sig much?

thank you, and goodnight

No, actually I had this sig for awhile. :huh: I'm also not the only one who thinks acquiring Johnson is a slight possibility, as evident by one of the Administrators PREDICTING Johnson will be in a Sox uni.

Maybe you should change your sig because I don't recall seeing the Sox in the postseason last year.

happy days for you and me

no, really, your right... randy johnson will be a chicago white sox ace starting tomarrow.... wait, im sorry... the trade is going down in about 15 seconds, so by the time u read this, RJ will be wearing our colors

happy days, for you... and me

awwww... have some wub :wub:

It would be great if we did get him though, wouldn't it?

Just for a moment, imagine that rotation in the playoffs...

Johnson

Garcia

Buehrle

Wright

Contreras

Ahhhh....kind of feels like you are in a nice, warm bath.

No no it does not...

I do not want Randy Johnson...

Ide rather keep Garland

jeckel... a team with a starting rotation of RJ, garcia, burly, contreras, and a FA signing like wright is in no way shape or form going to end up third... expecally in the AL central.... thats a WS contending team right there on pitching alone

excuse me while i go throw up now

What you people fail to realize is signing  Johnson leaves us with a 3rd Place offense....

JUST SAY NO TO RJ!

We get it, every thread that mentions his name you do not have to say you do not want him and that we would be in third place. Same thing with anything that might jeopardize uribe's or willie's playing time. I do not really want him either but you do not see me mentioning that every single chance i get.