Sox still remain favorites to sign Wright

santo=dorf

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you people fail to realize is signing  Johnson leaves us with a 3rd Place offense....

JUST SAY NO TO RJ!

Thomas, Lee, Rowand, Crede, Gload, Uribe, and Everett is not a third place offense in the AL Central IMHO. The runs need to win games would be less too. I wouldn't be happy if the White Sox acquired Johnson, but I disagree with your statement.

Thomas, Lee, Rowand, Crede, Gload, Uribe, and Everett is not a third place offense in the AL Central IMHO. The runs need to win games would be less too. I wouldn't be happy if the White Sox acquired Johnson, but I disagree with your statement.

Take Thomas out because he won't be healthy to start the year and add Timo Perez or Joe Borchard...

I'm sorry, RJ might be able to win with that. I doubt the rest of our pitchers could.

Take Thomas out because he won't be healthy to start the year and add Timo Perez or Joe Borchard...

I'm sorry, RJ might be able to win with that. I doubt the rest of our pitchers could.

They will be on the bench and will rarely get starts. Borchard should not even start the year up on a major league roster.

We get it, every thread that mentions his name you do not have to say you do not want him and that we would be in third place. Same thing with anything that might jeopardize uribe's or willie's playing time. I do not really want him either but you do not see me mentioning that every single chance i get.

You're also forgetting that MOS and Jeckle want to see Garland pitch for the Sox next year because I guess he's "due" for a 30 win season. :rolly

3 years $15 million is a steal if Benson is getting 4 years $29.5 million.

Stupid freaking Mets. Benson was only a league average pitcher last year for Pete's sake. Here's a hint - Garland's ERA+ was 100. Benson's was 97!

New York baseball spending will be the end of us all.

I gauge Wright as the 2nd or 3rd best free agent pitcher out there (see the Washington Nationals blog I share with a couple of buddies. The Sox would do very well to sign him for only $1.6 million per year more than Garland. Heck, Wright's a good deal at $6 million.

I'd probably still prefer Clement to some extent - fewer questions about durability - but I think that Wright would be a solid signing. A rotation of Garcia-Buerhle-Wright-Contreras-Garland is, hands down, the best in the division.

Now if we could only get some NL team to poach Radke (hint, hint Nationals), the Sox will be living the high life (again).

The more and more I think about Wright the more I hope he's the guy the sox sign. He's a top of the rotation guy that isn't commanding some outrageous money as the others out there. After seeing what Benson and Wilson got getting Jaret for 5 or even 6 a year would be a steal imo for what the market is at for starting pitching. If we can sign him for 5 or 6 per year, we should still be able to go out and fill other holes.

The more and more I think about Wright the more I hope he's the guy the sox sign.  He's a top of the rotation guy that isn't commanding some outrageous money as the others out there.  After seeing what Benson and Wilson got getting Jaret for 5 or even 6 a year would be a steal imo for what the market is at for starting pitching.  If we can sign him for 5 or 6 per year, we should still be able to go out and fill other holes.

1.Mark Buehrle(

2.Freddy Garcia

3.Jaret Wright

4.Jon Garland

5.Jose Contreras

Thats a rotation with a s***load of potential, if they all did what they could do, they would be one of the best in the leauge, if guys like contreras,garland,garcia,wright struggle and are super inconsistent we could be running uphill come september.

You're also forgetting that MOS and Jeckle want to see Garland pitch for the Sox next year because I guess he's "due" for a 30 win season.  :rolly

Yeah wouldn't want to let the real reason get in the way.

41 year olds get hurt. We are putting all our money into a horse who while still solid cannot stay at the pace he is on forever. If we get RJ for 16 Mil a year and he gets hurt we are f***ing screwed. Plus as inconsistant as our offense has been you want to trust me with no new players! Are you kidding! I mean jeez on paper our offense always looks great. I don't trust that f***ing paper anymore. We need at least one offense upgrade (perferably outfield since thats our only big gaping defensive hole). Plus we need a bullpen arm and we would need to sign another free agent pitcher to replace Garland. With our payroll if we got RJ that is next to impossible.

I'll say this again. If we had the Yankees, Cubs, Red Sox payroll then i'd be the first in line for this deal. With our payroll KW would have to have a head injury to do it.

Yeah wouldn't want to let the real reason get in the way.

41 year olds get hurt. We are putting all our money into a horse who while still solid cannot stay at the pace he is on forever. If we get RJ for 16 Mil a year and he gets hurt we are f***ing screwed. Plus as inconsistant as our offense has been you want to trust me with no new players! Are you kidding! I mean jeez on paper our offense always looks great. I don't trust that f***ing paper anymore. We need at least one offense upgrade (perferably outfield since thats our only big gaping defensive hole). Plus we need a bullpen arm and we would need to sign another free agent pitcher to replace Garland. With our payroll if we got RJ that is next to impossible.

I'll say this again. If we had the Yankees, Cubs, Red Sox payroll then i'd be the first in line for this deal. With our payroll KW would have to have a head injury to do it.

I always ask you, where is this hole in the outfield you speak of? Seems to me there are three starters going into the year. Lee, rowand, and everett. Also i think it was cheat that showed us that the sox was not any more inconsistent than many other teams. I know that someone did.

I always ask you, where is this hole in the outfield you speak of? Seems to me there are three starters going into the year. Lee, rowand, everett. Also i think it was cheat that showed us that the sox was not any more inconsistent than many other teams. I know that someone did.

Well i'm sick of scoring 10 runs one game and then no more then 2 the next 4. We can't win with that s***.

I said defensive hole. You cannot say with a straight face that you think Carl is even a decent defensive player.

Well i'm sick of scoring 10 runs one game and then no more then 2 the next 4. We can't win with that s***.

I said defensive hole. You cannot say with a straight face that you think Carl is even a decent defensive player.

I'm gonna give qwert the benefit of the doubt and say he thinks Jurassic is a poor fielder.

Right qwert? I mean, you can't be implying that.

I'm gonna give qwert the benefit of the doubt and say he thinks Jurassic is a poor fielder.

Right qwert?  I mean, you can't be implying that.

No, i don't call him calling flopping everett for nothing. I see him doing that every other game it seems. But that is when he is when plays center, he is way too stretched in center. When healthy, he can play left or right decent. When he is playing left or right he does not really hurt are team like he would center.