BCS Bowls Announced

Wow, I'm a Michigan fan and think Texas and Cali would be a better game than Michigan facing either school. Wolverines will get rolled.

#4 in the country and no BCS bid. That is unreal.

Texas has been screwed the past few seasons.

California was hosed, courtesty of Texas.  I'm not taking anything away from Texas, there an excellent football team, but they don't deserve to be in the BCS over Cal.

I understand how you can say cal is better then texas, I just don't agree with the statement that texas shouldn't be in the bcs until they beat oklahoma.

Had Michigan came to Evanston this year, I think the outcome might have been a little different.

As a Northwestern fan, the Wildcats killed themselves with their s***ty play early on in the season. Sure, Ohio State and Purdue were very nice wins, but when you lose to teams you should beat (beginning of the season, non conference games), you don't deserve a bowl...

As a Northwestern fan, the Wildcats killed themselves with their s***ty play early on in the season.  Sure, Ohio State and Purdue were very nice wins, but when you lose to teams you should beat (beginning of the season, non conference games), you don't deserve a bowl...

I'm not saying that Northwestern deserves a bowl bid, but had they beaten Michigan, a task I think is pretty reasonable at home in Evanston, they would be heading to a bowl game.

California might have one of the nation's most complete offensive teams, but it beat a whole bunch of no one. As predicted, everyone conveniently dismissed the 28-27 should’ve-been loss to an Oregon team that’ll sit home for the bowl season. Most were too busy watching the SEC and Big XII title games to see Cal struggle until late to put away a mediocre Southern Miss team. What’s Cal’s claim to fame? Losing to USC in gallant fashion. That’s fine, but that was still a loss

- collegefootballnews.com

I agree

I think Cal is overrated and Texas is underrated.

I'm not so sure Texas is underrated. I think they are too one-dimensional offensively. I'll go on record now that Michigan will beat them.

Hey, Brian, I do have a question about Michigan. What happened to Matt Gutierrez? All I heard was he was supposed to start the opener and suffered a shoulder injury the week before. Was it a long term injury? Did he ever get healthy?

Chad Henne did a good job, especially for a true freshman, but surely Gutierrez didn't lose his job without missing a big part of the season? Gutierriez was pretty highly regarded as well, was he not?