Bambi's Daddy is now dead...

Heads22

Congratulations on your catch! It's a great thrill to put down a good sized buck. I have a 10 and 11 pointer haging on my wall. My wife hates 'em.  :lol:

It's amazing how your heart starts racing. For anyone who hasn't been deer hunting, they ahve no idea what its like.

It's amazing how your heart starts racing. For anyone who hasn't been deer hunting, they ahve no idea what its like.

I said the same thing. Heading out there, I though if I had to take aim, I wouldn't be able to shoot from shaking so much. But, I was a rock until he fell. Then I was shaking like a leaf. I thought I was going to fall out of the tree. :lol: What a ruch it was.

Then comes the awkwardness of field dressing a buck......:lol:

I've been dressing my own deer with only minimal guidance.....a warm deer usually cures the chills.

"Just reach in and yank it all out and it should all fall right into the bucket."

Oh boy. :lol:

"Just reach in and yank it all out and it should all fall right into the bucket."

Oh boy.  :lol:

"And for God's sakes.. DON'T cut THAT THING.. it smells reeeaaaalll bad"

I went hunting with my dad and uncle a loong time ago.. I killed a few rabbits. It was pretty cool. The deer experience was... interesting, for lack of a better term. But the venison was soooo good.

In golf there is no defense, and you get drove around in a golf cart. Only thing you are up against is nature, and imo, to classify as a sport there has to be defense involved.

And there's defense in hunting? skiing? track and field? huh?

I'd argue that you probably do more walking playing 18 holes of golf than in a day of hunting (all PGA tour players walk btw). I'm not dismissing hunting as a non-sport but whoever says golf is not a sport hasn't played enough to know what they're talking about.

I'd argue that you probably do more walking playing 18 holes of golf than in a day of hunting (all PGA tour players walk btw).  I'm not dismissing hunting as a non-sport but whoever says golf is not a sport hasn't played enough to know what they're talking about.

I've played golf.

Anything I do for recreation AND on my day off is just that..... recreation. Golf is not a sport.

In golf there is no defense, and you get drove around in a golf cart. Only thing you are up against is nature, and imo, to classify as a sport there has to be defense involved.

I'd definitely say that Golf is way more a sport if played in its truest form...You walk the entire round, and if your playing at a difficult course. You would be hard pressed to make me think that a course with thick rough, pot bunkers, elevated greens and 480 par 4's doesnt play defense against you!!! Golf CAN be played as recreation but when played at a competitive level IS most certainly a sport. Plus I dont know of any recreation I get more frustrated at then Golf...ARGH. Its such a love/hate relationship :wub: :fyou

To settle this for once and for all... George Carlin

And finally welcome to golf. For my full take on golf, I refer you elsewhere in the book, but let it just be said golf is a game that might possibly be fun, if it could be played alone. But it's the vacuous, striving, superficial, male-bonding joiners one has to associate with that makes it such a repulsive pastime. And it is decidedly not a sport. Period.