ESPN 1000 - Talk Baseball

striker

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately for us, it will most likely be a majority of Cub talk since they will be resigning Nomar and Walker today.

:fthecubs

Maybe not, it was mentioned in the rumor thread that Levine is talkig about the Sox being close to signing Wright and involved in a 3-way trade scenario with D'Backs and NY involving Vazquez coming to the Sox...

Maybe not, it was mentioned in the rumor thread that Levine is talkig about the Sox being close to signing Wright and involved in a 3-way trade scenario with D'Backs and NY involving Vazquez coming to the Sox...

That's encouraging.

If Dave Wills is co-hosting that will help as well.

Really, when was this mentioned? Is this something that happened in the past 24 hours?

Garland and Konerko for Vazquez feels like too much to give up.

Would the Yanks give the Sox an arm or a bat? I highly doubt they would get Tom Gordon, but maybe Felix Rodriguez was acquired to send in a deal. Could the Sox get a n arm from the Dbacks or a bat from the Dbacks.

The problem to me is their isn't much that intrigues me on either team, but a power arm for the pen would be awfully nice.

I highly doubt Gonzo would be a part of a package, although I'm sure the Dbacks wouldn't mind moving his contract. They have two young catchers in Juan Brito and Koyie Hill.

Could the Sox somehow get Dioner Navarro, whom so many people seem so high on? Or Paul Quantrill. You got to imagine cash is being sent along.

For those saying Vazquez isn't an AL pitcher. Just remember his first half splits of 10-5, 3.57 ERA, but 19 homers allowed. No secret their, he gives up long balls. The question to me has to be his health or what bad habit he got into mechanically.

This guy has been a horse a long time and the concerned part of me says he could be due for a serious injury.

Does anyone have a scouting report on "Ben Franklin?"  I heard the Yankees were more than willing to send him our way.

Ya, was a founding father of this country. But I figured the Phillies would own the rights to him ;) :D

Otherwise their is no Ben Franklin that I can find in the Yankees farm system.

Navarro is now believed to be an overrated prospect. He's not Pudge. When the D-Back took a good look at him during the last Unit sweepstakes, they had little interest in him. He is not close to the bigs and struggled last season. I think it is certainly possible that Garland and Konerko are moved for Javy (with some cash) and either F-Rod, Gordon, or Quantrill. I bet the D-backs want Rowand involved but I would doubt that happening. This trade would definitely fill some pitching needs (better hope B-Mac is ready for the 5th spot) and concerns but we'd still have no 1 or 2 hitters and we'd even have less thump. I would probably be against this deal, not that the sox care.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Sox were interested in Scott Hairston. The D-Backs have several options at 2B, so much so they're planning on trying Hairston in the OF. He played 3-4 games out there last year, much like his brother in Baltimore.

I'm sorry if I feel like having separate information put in separate threads. There's no need for a whole bunch of information to be put in one big thread. It makes no sense at all.

Lots of people like the fact that they don't have to search a million threads to find the information that they are looking for. That's why the bigger subject threads are so popular here.