ESPN 1000 - Talk Baseball

striker

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walker on Crede's swing flaw ... he says they didn't solve it in 2004, no duh Greg.

It took a while for Crede to convince himself he needs to fix the flaw ... yikes.

Crede is in Chicago right now, they were working with him today.

They think Crede can fix the flaw this winter.

They think, that's not a good sign. ;)

Well, sounds like Cubs talk coming up, good thing Sopranos start in about 2 min.

I feel like going back to finishing these questions...I hate when they bring in people I don't care to hear in to speak. I want to hear Kenny, JR, and Ozzie.

Others, i don't care about.

Why can't they take callers and discuss off that? I'd like that much better.

For KW though, this team really needs to perform otherwise most likely he'll be outta here.

Nope.

Apparently influential members (including Hudler, IIRC) believe Wiliams job is not resting on the results of this season. 5 years without a playoff appearance in the ALC is OBVIOULSY an indication of success.

First place or Last Place. This is a personal motto I've adopted. If this team falls short of the playoffs, I don't want ANY excuses to justify Williams job security. Injuries stiffled the club? Tough s***. Several players underperform? Too bad.

I think Willaims has this team set up to compete for 2 more years -- (MB,FG,JC,JG) all around for 2 seasons from the rotation, FT,AR,JC,CL,JU,WH, all here for at least 2 more season from the line-up NC,JA,DM from the pen here for at least 2 more seasons

add a few parts here and there and I think KW gets 2 more trys

Kenny does have some guys staying for a while, but I worry that the payroll won't get stretched even next year. We could have Paul and Frank coming off the books (that's not a lot of homers or anything) but we'd have to pay Frank 3.5 to walk and guys like Conteras and other guys with backloaded money come up. Not to mention our sweetheart deal with Shingo will be over. I just worry that we are doomed to win 84 games. It's kind of like Golden State in basketball (except a winning record) where the team doesn't make the playoffs but doesn't pick real high in the draft.

Wallet's aren't always opened up in the free agent market.

If they aren't, then don't break the core we have of hitters and pitching. I'm so sick of us losing because of losing what we are missing. Get someone, pay the money and win. thats all what i want to see.

Ooohh ... Wills talking about Harris again. Says he's heard stuff from other coaches and baseball people, saying Harris walks around like he's been in the big leagues for 15 years. Says that Harris seems to have a big head.

That's not good.

Now a guy from WSI is on ... asking about the Sox, are they worried about trading too much offense? Levine says that's something the Sox really need to think about.

Ooohh ... Wills talking about Harris again.  Says he's heard stuff from other coaches and baseball people, saying Harris walks around like he's been in the big leagues for 15 years.  Says that Harris seems to have a big head.

That's not good.

Now that pizza place guy from WSI is on ... asking about the Sox, are they worried about trading too much offense?  Levine says that's something the Sox really need to think about.

Any soxtalkers call in tonight?

Wills not really impressed with Ben Davis either it seems.

Now a guy asking about Maggs, yawn.

This guy can't get to the point.

Same old, same old.

Caller asks a good question, will the Sox bring in a lefthanded hitter for the middle of the lineup.

Levine talks about Jermaine Dye (????). Memo to Bruce: Dye hits right.

Levine mentions Everett specifically. And now, please ... they're talking about Borchard.

Wills comments how bad Borchard's swing is right handed, and how his left handed swing is "serviceable".

But neither are optimistic about Borchard.

Wills comments that Jermaine Dye "takes some plays off".

Levine mentions Jay Gibbons.

:puke

Gibbons had an injury plagued year last year and was bad as a result.

He's a decent player when healthy. Nowhere near Ordonez' class, but a decent player.

Nope.

Apparently influential members (including Hudler, IIRC) believe Wiliams job is not resting on the results of this season.  5 years without a playoff appearance in the ALC is OBVIOULSY an indication of success.

First place or Last Place.  This is a personal motto I've adopted.  If this team falls short of the playoffs, I don't want ANY excuses to justify Williams job security. Injuries stiffled the club? Tough s***. Several players underperform? Too bad.

Terry Ryan has been GM of the Twins since 1994. From 1994-2000 the Twins had 3 last place finishes and 4 fourth place finshes. THEY DIDN"T EVEN HAVE SINGLE WINNING SEASON, yet they kept the guy.

Had you been owner of the Twins you would've fired Ryan in 1998 and still be in last place.