KW on the radio Wednesday

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to hold out hope that the Sox make a move by Friday.  Then they enter the winter meetings hoping to finalize another move.  I expect two moves done by the end of the meetings.

I think you might be expecting too much unless there are some hot rumors making the rounds that I haven't heard.

I think you might be expecting too much unless there are some hot rumors making the rounds that I haven't heard.

My guess is they sign Wright or Renteria in the next day or two and then in the meetings either make a trade or another signing. If they make two signings then I'm assuming they pick up Wright and Renteria.

I'm going to hold out hope that the Sox make a move by Friday.  Then they enter the winter meetings hoping to finalize another move.  I expect two moves done by the end of the meetings.

You also said RJ would be wearing a WS uni... :P

My guess is they sign Wright or Renteria in the next day or two and then in the meetings either make a trade or another signing.  If they make two signings then I'm assuming they pick up Wright and Renteria.

Jas, have you heard any rumblings about Renteria at all?? It seems pretty reasonable that the sox could be the front runner but I reall haven't seen many sources say the sox are. It could just be Kenny flying under the radar, just wondering though.

No, nor do I think Renteria is even worth the 4 yr 32 mill deal. I think he's drastically overrated, but at the same time it seems like the Sox are more desperate for a middle infielder then I would be.

Like I've long said their are other possibilities that cost far less money. Figgins or Eckstein will be out their, Davannon, Erstad. The Angels got a ton of guys that could be had and most of which cost little to nothing salary wise.

But I could see why the Sox would overpay for him. As far as RJ goes, so I was wrong, I still think the Sox made the best offer out their and I'll give them credit for that, even if I was only one of the few people actually for making that deal.

However, I'll be oozing with joy if they land Wright. I don't think they'll sign Edgar.

Steff, excuse me for being nosey but have you heard anything that suggests the sox could be making a signing within the next day or two??

I'm hearing the same things you guys are, which isn't much. I haven't asked anyone anything though either.

Jason appears to be the only one getting the messages.. :ph34r:

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...pic=26840&st=45

As noted here, Gammons expects Wright to be signed within the next several days.

Apparently some organizations aren't willing to wait until January, as many of you Soxtalkians have suggested. I EXPECT Wright to sign here before the weekend if Williams is serious about assembling a starting rotation. If not Wright, then no one else (not named Shawn Chacon) will be within their sights. Vazquez might be a viable option, but until I notice a reliable source list White Sox as factors in RJ negotiations, I won't believe it.

I talked to Bob Rosenberg today, he's been down at the ballpark frequently in the past few weeks. He hasn't heard much either. Bob said it seems like they're making an extra special effort to keep things quiet.

No, nor do I think Renteria is even worth the 4 yr 32 mill deal.  I think he's drastically overrated, but at the same time it seems like the Sox are more desperate for a middle infielder then I would be. 

Like I've long said their are other possibilities that cost far less money.  Figgins or Eckstein will be out their, Davannon, Erstad.  The Angels got a ton of guys that could be had and most of which cost little to nothing salary wise. 

But I could see why the Sox would overpay for him.  As far as RJ goes, so I was wrong, I still think the Sox made the best offer out their and I'll give them credit for that, even if I was only one of the few people actually for making that deal. 

However, I'll be oozing with joy if they land Wright.  I don't think they'll sign Edgar.

Stop with the Angels infatuation.

Erstad is one of the worst players in all of baseball. As a 1B, he's the worst by miles. Can hit for average, doesn't walk enough and has marginal, if that, power. He would be an atrocious pickup for the White Sox. There's a reason why BP's Hacking Mass has him on almost every team.

Figgins would be an interesting acquisition, but the Angels aren't going to deal a guy who's making the league minimum.

Eckstein has a sub 700 OPS and .339 OBP. He would be an awful pickup.

DaVanon is on the wrong side of 30 although he does put up solid stats and an 800 OPS. He should be a servicable 4th OF an nothing more. There are younger players available who could put up numbers along the same lines as DaVanon.

I see people are people are being picky in what free agents we pick up. Let me tell you any pickup who has talent is better than job boarchard, jason grilli or any god danm 5th starter we throw out there. We dont have all money in world spend. I be happy get wright and renteria. You people need to realize this isnt the boston redsox or yankees where they can be picky. We cant cause money wont be there for us. I hope kenny does do something because I be happy just wright my 5th starter any day of god danm week than watching 5th starter lose every game. By the way I only watched 1-4 starters

I see people are people are being picky in what free agents we pick up. Let me tell you any pickup who has talent is better than job boarchard, jason grilli or any god danm 5th starter we throw out there. We dont have all money in world spend. I be happy get wright and renteria. You people need to realize this isnt the boston redsox or yankees where they can be picky. We cant cause money wont be there for us. I hope kenny does do something because I be happy just wright my 5th starter any day of god danm week than watching 5th starter lose every game. By the way I only watched 1-4 starters

Tell us how you really feel 2334.. :lol:

It'll be interesting to see what he says today, but where do they come up with these times?  1:42? :lol:

they have updates at 40 after the hour.... usually a minute or two, so they'll go to KW right after the update is over...

What do you guys think KW is going to say? Is he going to say he's fine with what they have on their roster now and only looking to tweak, or is he going to say he's still pursuing a "top of the rotation" starter?

First thing KW said is that Hermanson will not be the closer. He'll be the setup, or will close in case Shingo falters.

EDIT: KW also considered him briefly for the 5th starter job, but he'll stay in the 'pen. He did say if he's successful, he could be in the rotation at some time.