KW on the radio Wednesday

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

Naa, that doesn't work here.. you have 3 people here who think they are god among ants cause they can reference a couple of sites to throw BS numbers at you, only to miss the points you were trying to make.

I will leave this alone now because I don't want to derail the thread ...

But have you considered that maybe, just maybe, those three people feel the same way about you?

At least consider the "agree to disagree" approach, less stressful.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

Now we are absolutely thinking the same.

The next question would be, who wants Paul Konerko and what type of starting pitcher could you get for him?

I still have my doubts on a Javier Vazquez for Paul Konerko deal, unless the Yanks and Dbacks can't work things out and decide Giambi isn't their answer.

I do know one thing, signing Dye now allows Kenny to explore every and any avenue at the winter meetings of a deal involving Konerko.

Having Hermanson and I'm crossing my fingers, Scho, joining the Sox bullpen would give them an above average pen, which would be a big improvement over what I would rank as a below average pen.

Then Dye and Gibbons gives the Sox a deep lineup, not as good as last years, but still good. It is more balanced when you consider an actual left handed power presence and Gload/Everett coming off the bench once Frank comes back.

So the only question left is can the Sox find a top of the order hitter and who do they get for Konerko (I still like keeping Garland around, he's a workhorse). But if they dealt Konerko and Garland I'm now starting to like the idea of Odalis Perez on the South Side.

Hopefully this is how KW is thinking, cause the signing of Hermanson coupled with a potential signing of Dye could mean he's thinking along our lines and either way I think the moves make sense.

ChiSox.. my biggest question mark.. Who from Baltimore would be a good starter here?

But I agree with the Gibbons move, been trying to get him to the Sox since the end of this past year.

Well if I were the Sox I wouldn't make a major deal with Baltimore. If the Sox deal Konerko they need to get a legit leadoff hitter (Luis Castillo, etc) or pick up a good starting pitcher or get good prospects and payroll relief which goes into signing a starting pitcher.

I have several concerns about a possible Jermaine Dye signing.  One is, how healthy is this guy?

That exact concern holds true for Gibbons.

Weren't these the same concerns when we signed Ellis Burks and then a year later, Darren Jackson? Those two turned out pretty good for us. Dye and/or Gibbons might do the same. Also at that time I seem to recall alot of talk about how good Herm Schnieder and his staff were at keeping these guys on the field.

Weren't these the same concerns when we signed Ellis Burks and then a year later, Darren Jackson? Those two turned out pretty good for us. Dye and/or Gibbons might do the same. Also at that time I seem to recall alot of talk about how good Herm Schnieder and his staff were at keeping these guys on the field.

i miss the ole ron schuler reclamation projects...sabo, kruk, devereaux, magrane, hammaker, righetti, etc, etc.

Yikes. A Hermanson/Dye off-season thus far...not off to the roaring start I was hoping for.

Kenny loves those diamond in the rough guys. I don't think I have ever seen Dye step into the batter's box...ever...I haven't seen one of his at-bats. Looks like he had one big year and then some average years, and I am aware that he is injury-prone.

Ugh'. Hopefully Kenny knows more than we do on this one. Maybe he snags him at a great price for one year (maybe a second year option) as a stopgap until Anderson is ready.

Hot stove is warming up. :melt

Scary thought...

LF-Dye

CF-Rowand

RF-Jurassic

If Carlos is trade...what do we make of this?

Just to point out Dye plays RF and is a pretty good defensive right fielder (with a very strong arm). And I have no problem with that cause i think either Everett or Gload can play LF and do a capable job both offensively and defensively.

Plus you have to factor that Lee has some serious trade value. If it equated into Tim Hudson then fine by me. Otherwise I'd prefer to see the Sox deal Konerko.

Scary thought...

LF-Dye

CF-Rowand

RF-Jurassic

If Carlos is traded...what do we make of this?

It seems Paul is much closer to the block than Carlos. Losing Maggs, and Frank.. I don't think Kenny would be stupid and trade Carlos, also. If he does.. oye ve.. my finger is hurting already. :nono

Scary thought...

LF-Dye

CF-Rowand

RF-Jurassic

If Carlos is traded...what do we make of this?

I would think that Pauly get traded b4 Lee...

Also have read that KW, doesn't want to trade Lee, and would rather trade Pauly since PK is a FA at seasons end.

LF Lee

Cf Rowand

RF Dye

1b Gibbons/Gload

I would think that Pauly get traded b4 Lee...

Also have read that KW, doesn't want to trade Lee, and would rather trade Pauly since PK is a FA at seasons end.

LF Lee

Cf Rowand

RF Dye

1b Gibbons/Gload

:headbang

Thats how I wouldn't mind seeing things go down. Assuming the Sox could get a good starter for Konerko.

It seems Paul is much closer to the block than Carlos. Losing Maggs, and Frank.. I don't think Kenny would be stupid and trade Carlos, also. If he does.. oye ve.. my finger is hurting already.  :nono

Glad to see you and I are on the same page with this one.

At this point, I'm really hoping PK gets dished. It no longer appears Carlos is expendable.

Didn't mean to make everyone :puke

LF-CLee

CF-Rowand

RF-Dye

Looks a little better doesn't it? ;) :lol:

Another guy you could plug in at 1st/DH if Konerko gets dealt, even though I want Gibbons, is Brad Fullmer.

Pretty solid hitter when healthy.  Not a good defensive first baseman though.  He's a DH in my book.

Plus, one look at him and you know he could bust some skulls in a bench-clearer.

So, he could always work security if things don't work out.

I'm thinking Gload is going to be the man at first going into ST.