KW on the radio Wednesday

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

Wow, MJH are driving me crazy today.

Just said MB and JC are our only good pitchers...uhhh, wow are you a f***ing retard?

They also sucked Hendry's dick for getting Blanco, and then bashed KW for getting Hermanson.

They think Contreras is a good pitchre but not Garcia?

or Garland?

Blanco was signed purely to be Maddux's personal catcher -- I haven't seen terms, but I suspect it's the same, or possibly more than he turned down in Minnesota, that essentially means Hendry is paying Maddux about $12M dollars.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They think Contreras is a good pitchre but not Garcia? 

or Garland?

Blanco was signed purely to be Maddux's personal catcher -- I haven't seen terms, but I suspect it's the same, or possibly more than he turned down in Minnesota, that essentially means Hendry is paying Maddux about $12M dollars.

Exactly! I guess Garcia is garbage. :lolhitting

But how can you bash the signing of Hermanson and praise the signing of Henry f***ing Blanco?

They all praised Hendry for knowing who he wanted, targeting them, and signing them.

Then bashed KW for saying he has been look at Hermanson for like last few years.

:huh:

I like this one caller who said, "Well with the Hermanson signing the Sox now have 3 guys that would make a better closer than what the Cubs currently have." :lol:

I like this one caller who said, "Well with the Hermanson signing the Sox now have 3 guys that would make a better closer than what the Cubs currently have."  :lol:

I heard that call, then they said that's like being the tallest midget....

But wait, if the sox have 3 guys who are better at closing games than the cubs closer, and Hendry hasn't done s*** to address that issue, why is he getting any praise at all?

Cerb, your wrong on this.  Erstad may not be a statiticians dream, but he's a hell of a 2 hole hitter and the best defensive first baseman in baseball.

He also is more then capable of hitting .300 with a .350 or so OBP and is a very good baserunner and an exceptional hitter (from the aspect he uses all parts of the field and is a good contact guy).  He does all the little things and is a leader.

As far as Davannon goes the guy is an OBP machine, can play all 3 outfield positions and is a good average hitter.  Maybe he's 31, but he flat out produces.  The angels have a ton of guys that fit this mold and they seem to be able to win despite having a pretty crappy pitching staff, mainly rotation (it should be better this upcoming year).

No I'm not. Erstad defensively, who is not even close to being as good as Mientkiewicz or Lee, does not make up for his offensive void at 1B. I do not care that Erstad won a Gold Glove, his offense is horrible and you'd easily be losing 30+ runs a season by putting Darin Erstad at 1st base. Just a horrible move.

DaVanon is on the wrong side of 30, as I've said before. If you plan on actively trying to win a World Series, starting with a guy who has only 5 years of MLB service at the age of 31 should display a huge red flag to any GM. The Angels got Juan Rivera, who is 26 years old and puts up better numbers, instead of having DaVanon play everyday.

Stop with the Angels infatuation.

Erstad is one of the worst players in all of baseball. As a 1B, he's the worst by miles. Can hit for average, doesn't walk enough and has marginal, if that, power. He would be an atrocious pickup for the White Sox. There's a reason why BP's Hacking Mass has him on almost every team.

Figgins would be an interesting acquisition, but the Angels aren't going to deal a guy who's making the league minimum.

Eckstein has a sub 700 OPS and .339 OBP. He would be an awful pickup.

DaVanon is on the wrong side of 30 although he does put up solid stats and an 800 OPS. He should be a servicable 4th OF an nothing more. There are younger players available who could put up numbers along the same lines as DaVanon.

But they do the small things!

I agree to an extent. I don't think the players are as bad as you say, but I don't think they are even close to the ranks of Edgar Renteria. f*** finding the right price, overpay Edgar and get this team a serviceable SS for once. Drop payroll somewhere else and find a "bargain" at that other position. SS is the most important position in the infield and I'll be damned if David Eckstein starts there for the Sox next year.

I'm tired of hearing people say, "only if it's for the right price." f*** that. Edgar Renteria is better than any player the White Sox have. He'd be an extremely valuable asset, far more than Paul Konerko or god forbid it to happen, Pokey Reese.

Sign Edgar. Make it happen...I don't care at who's expense.

But they do the small things!

I agree to an extent. I don't think the players are as bad as you say, but I don't think they are even close to the ranks of Edgar Renteria. f*** finding the right price, overpay Edgar and get this team a serviceable SS for once. Drop payroll somewhere else and find a "bargain" at that other position. SS is the most important position in the infield and I'll be damned if David Eckstein starts there for the Sox next year.

I'm tired of hearing people say, "only if it's for the right price." f*** that. Edgar Renteria is better than any player the White Sox have. He'd be an extremely valuable asset, far more than Paul Konerko or god forbid it to happen, Pokey Reese.

Sign Edgar. Make it happen...I don't care at who's expense.

STL won't budge much from their backloaded 4 yr $32 mill offer to Renteria. The Sox could come in with an offer for 4 yrs and under $40 mill and would be tough to beat.

I don't know why the sox aren't making a play for him [at least publicly]. They don't have a position player to build around, set for the next few years like their pitching. What better spot to fill than SS, with a consistent, productive hitter, gold glover, and a winner like Renteria. [Yet the sox want to spend $5 mill on an old RFer like Dye when they already have one in Everett for $4 mill?!]

STL won't budge much from their backloaded 4 yr $32 mill offer to Renteria. The Sox could come in with an offer for 4 yrs and under $40 mill and would be tough to beat.

I don't know why the sox aren't making a play for him [at least publicly]. They don't have a position player to build around, set for the next few years like their pitching. What better spot to fill than SS, with a consistent, productive hitter, gold glover, and a winner like Renteria. [Yet the sox want to spend $5 mill on an old RFer like Dye when they already have one in Everett for $4 mill?!]

Heck if STL is sitting on 4 years 32 million backloaded, they might be able to get Renteria for the same years and amount, just all up front.