For What Its Worth

Rex Kickass

Story from the AP yesterday

Bush signs Tax Relief Act

By DAVID PITT Associated Press Writer

The Associated Press

DES MOINES, Iowa

President Bush visited the swing state of Iowa on Monday to sign the Working Families Tax Relief Act of 2004, which he said would mean lower tax bills for 94 million Americans.

"It comes at just the right time for America. Some of the provisions were set to expire at the end of 2004 ..." he said. "That would have been a setback for hardworking families of America and a setback for our economy."

Bush introduced Mike and Sharla Hintz, a couple from Clive, whom he said benefited from his tax plan.

Last year, because of the enhanced the child tax credit, they received an extra $1,600 in their tax refund, Bush said. With other tax cuts in the bill, they saved $2,800 on their income taxes.

They used the money to buy a wood-burning stove to more efficiently heat their home, made some home improvements and went on a vacation to Minnesota, the president said.

"Next year, maybe they'll want to come to Texas," Bush quipped.

Mike Hintz, a First Assembly of God youth pastor, said the tax cuts also gave him additional money to use for health care.

He said he supports Bush's values.

"The American people are starting to see what kind of leader President Bush is. People know where he stands," he said.

Today:

From KCCI-TV Des Moines

DES MOINES, Iowa -- A Des Moines youth pastor is charged with sexual exploitation by a counselor.

KCCI learned that the married father of four recently turned himself in to Johnston police.

Rev. Mike Hintz was fired from the First Assembly of God Church, located at 2725 Merle Hay Road, on Oct. 30. Hintz was the youth pastor there for three years

Police said he started an affair with a 17-year-old woman in the church youth group this spring.

Church officials fired Hintz immediately after hearing the allegations.

"They did acknowledge with their congregation that Mr. Hintz had made apparently some admissions to his inappropriate activity, and they took a proactive approach and immediately terminated him from his position," Johnston police Sgt. Lynn Aswegan said.

Neither Hintz nor his attorney returned KCCI's calls.

Gimme a freakin break

???

There are scumbags on every side, yes. But not all the scumbags have the gall to be talking up "values" (no less ministering to a youth congregation) as if they held the exclusive franchise even though their values apparently include f***ing the flock.

Ya, but I don't see this as a knock on this priest. I see this as a knock on Bush.

I mean come on....this is as big as a stretch as Michael Moore's conspiracy theory in Farenheit 9/11.

If I read wrong, I apologize, but thats how I read it and that disgusted me. I'm not talking about the paper I'm talking about disagreeing with wino's post.

Ya, but I don't see this as a knock on this priest.  I see this as a knock on Bush. 

I mean come on....this is as big as a stretch as Michael Moore's conspiracy theory in Farenheit 9/11. 

If I read wrong, I apologize, but thats how I read it and that disgusted me.  I'm not talking about the paper I'm talking about disagreeing with wino's post.

There is no direct correlation here with this incident but it certainly reminds me of the stupidity people showed when they said morals was the most important factor in chosing whom to vote for. I think that was only for Bush voters though right?

Ya, but I don't see this as a knock on this priest.  I see this as a knock on Bush. 

If I read wrong, I apologize, but thats how I read it and that disgusted me.  I'm not talking about the paper I'm talking about disagreeing with wino's post.

I found this on a left wing partisan website (the links to the two stories). If this had been a dem saying it, I probably never would have come across it or posted it - true. But I'm sure there are a few other folks here who would have.

The main reason I posted it: I love seeing arrogant assholes like this minister get their come-uppance. It cracks my s*** up every time.

Is this a knock on Bush? Not really. There's a whack-job fan for every major politician. I don't blame George Bush for this guy. Is this a knock on the so-called "values voter"? Absodamnlutely. I'm pretty sure the values this guy has aren't shared by 99% of the country. In fact, I'm pretty confident that the average "values voter" doesn't even understand what that really means (because I don't think they were all white evangelicals like the press says.) But it sounds nice, and they may not have liked the Dem anyway - so why not call themselves a values voter? They vote their conscience. It's just always so disappointed that their conscience is partially formed by assclowns like this guy.

Um, Jason, it wasn't a preist. Don't assume. :nono

There are plenty of left wing arrogant assholes out there.  FWIW

Yes there are. And there's probably nothing more annoying to me personally than a shrill whiny left wing person who claims to be on the same side, but really doesn't know or support what true liberals really are.

So people like Ralph Nader and Michael Moore and anyone that refers to Bush as Karl Rove or Dick Cheney's puppet would also be considered an asshat in my book.

This is f***ing pathetic to compare these two stories. I guess it shouldn't really suprise me, though, when I consider the source.  :headshake

I think the point of comparing this issue like I mentioned earlier is not to say all Bush voters are immoral or anything like that. It's just reminding us how stupid the whole issue of morals was.

Morality was the highest-ranking influencing factor at the polls, according to a CNN exit poll of more than 13,600 voters nationwide.

Of the 22 percent of voters listing moral values as their top issue, 80 percent voted for Bush and 18 percent voted for Kerry.

The votes went the other way on the second highest-ranking issue. Of the 20 percent who named the economy and jobs as their deciding factor, 80 percent voted for Kerry and 18 percent voted for Bush.

http://ydr.com/story/election/48066/

There are plenty of left wing arrogant assholes out there.  FWIW

And here I am :lol:

My only comment is I feel sorry for the President's publicity team. They sure picked a winner there. What were the odds of that??

There are bad people in all walks of life. He could just as easily been a carpenter or a NBA HoF guard. I would say that this Minister was in that field of work for the wrong reasons. Most are good decent men who want to change lives. One of my very best friends is a youth Minister. Not a lot of money and a lot of angst and hardship. It's a calling.

Wait a minute winodj.........I thought Bush only cut rich peoples taxes.

:rolly

He realized to get the deficit over $7 Trillion, he needed to drastically increase spending and cut income. He also needed more votes for re-election.

Interesting, if he said here's $1,300 from the Bush Family Dynasty (BFD) that would be illegal. If he says here's $1,300 from the US treasury, we'll go borrow more from France to pay for it, that is legal.

I just discovered the major difference in the parties. The Dems buy you a gift with your money, the GOP gives you a gift card with your money and let's you pick out the gift :lol:

Be good Republicans and balance the budget. Please.

Edited by Texsox