Wrath of the Jocks

Wise Master Buehrle

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't be my employees, I'll be retired at 35 and they'll be carpenters until they're 60.

Kind of a bad anaglogy. Carpenters get paid good money. My dad used to be a carpenter and now is a supervisor and he says the average carpenter gets paid $30-34 an hour, which is around $250 for an 8 hour work day and $1250 a week, which is a good amount to live on.

How bout Theyll work at McDonalds till there 60 :lol:

And btw. My last name is in the title of the company my dad works for and its a pretty big company in the south suburbs. But its because my dads uncle was one of the founders of the company.

Kind of a bad anaglogy. Carpenters get paid good money. My dad used to be a carpenter and now is a supervisor and he says the average carpenter gets paid $30-34 an hour, which is around $250 for an 8 hour work day and $1250 a week, which is a good amount to live on.

Glad someone else noted that. Several of the carpenters that I have been in contact with (from the construction we did last year and the construction his sister is doing now) make damn good money.

They won't be my employees, I'll be retired at 35 and they'll be carpenters until they're 60. I'll be able to take my worldwide vacation and they'll be stuck spending their money on groceries.

Bad anaolgy. The average yearly salary of a union carpenter in Illinois is $78K. And they rarely work a full 12 months.

Funny thing happened to me today. There's 10 minutes left in class, and the teacher in my American History class wants to hand back our tests, but he says he'll only hand them back if everyone shuts up. Obviously, I wanted to know my score. This one kid, though, said, "How can I be quiet if there isn't something on TV??".

Isn't that pathetic? Made me f***ing  :puke

Obviously, I'm pissed off, so I tell him to shut the f*** up. He says something back, I'm not quite sure what it was anymore, and we both get handed detentions by the teacher. That's not the big deal, though.

I usually carry my class items on my side, instead of walking around with a backpack. So the bell rings and I exit class, and what happens? Oh, all of a sudden all of my s*** goes flying all over the hall. Papers, folder, notecards, s*** is everywhere. I come from a family of fighters. So I turn around and punch the kid in the face.  :headbang Punches start getting thrown and in the end I got 2 good ones in and he got 1 weak one (small bump on my head). I really can't wait to see his face tomorrow. We get broken up, and I leave on soime adrenaline thinking, "well that's the end of that."

But apparently it isn't. I get home and am getting ready to take a shower. Kid calls and tells me to name the place. I'm not stupid, I'm not gonna meet up with him and a bunch of his f***tard cronies. I say "Look, you flipped my s***, I punched you, you punched me, as far as I'm concerned, this is over. If you want to make a big deal out of nothing, then it's your problem, and you're wasting your time." I hang up on him. He calls about 5 times, and I ignore them. I take my shower. He calls again. "JUST NAME THE PLACE AND ILL BE THERE MOTHERf***ER, YOU f***ED WITH THE BIG DOGS"

That right there had me rolling on the floor laughing. THE BIG DOGS!? HAHAHAHAHA. God, high school is so retarded. People are so worried about their reputation. Honestly, what does a reputation in high school mean? All of you graduates, has your reputation in high school meant s*** in your life now? I'd be willing to bet not.

Whatever, just another reason so say "f*** jocks!" :cheers

Here's a link from Maddox's website you may enjoy.

http://maddox.xmission.com/dumbassjocks.html

:lol:

Leave Jocks alone.... we are people too

Tend to disagree. There are VERY few that I've met that even have the decency to talk with me, let alone be friends. You really have no room to defend jocks. It's a history of torment. No longer is it stereotypical to call a jock an asshole. They all are. I haven't met one nice one. They're all into the pussy and the football. If they're seen talking with a "lesser", then they start worrying about their reputation.

Bad anaolgy. The average yearly salary of a union carpenter in Illinois is $78K. And they rarely work a full 12 months.

Why, thank you for repeating what two people in this thread said already.

Is roofer better for you?

WOuld you rather be busting your back till your 60 living off that money, or would you rather have enough money to retire at 35, and STILL have income?

Three different people to tell me it's a bad analogy. Well, first off, would you rather be carpenting till your 60 or retired at 35? I know I don't wanna be busting my back in my 50's.

I don't know any carpenters older than their mid 30's. Most are contractors - meaning they own the company and employ carpenters. Don't know about you but I wouldn't mind doing some survey work and doing bids while collecting a 100K + salary (contractor salary).

WOuld you rather be busting your back till your 60 living off that money, or would you rather have enough money to retire at 35, and STILL have income?

Well f***ing excuse me for making a comment before reading ahead.

And if you want to get technical a contractor DOES have enough $$ at 35 if they play their cards right to employ carpenters - which is very different from a "roofer" - and do nothing while collecting a paycheck.

Interesting how you altered your initial response..

Okay who the hell retires at age 35 anyways.

Tend to disagree. There are VERY few that I've met that even have the decency to talk with me, let alone be friends. You really have no room to defend jocks. It's a history of torment. No longer is it stereotypical to call a jock an asshole. They all are. I haven't met one nice one. They're all into the pussy and the football. If they're seen talking with a "lesser", then they start worrying about their reputation.

That is completely false... I am friends with MinnesotaSoxFan :lol:

but seriously, I am nothing like that sterotype that "Jocks" have been labeled with.. I am a big guy and a football player but im not a dumbass and I dont treat people like s***..

I have a lot of friends that you have said above Jocks wouldnt be friends with

How did we go from picking on jocks ( cool ) to arguing about the retirement age of carpenters ( LAME! )?

Because it is an issue that needs to be discussed. We can't sweep the retirement age of carpenters under the proverbial rug anymore! Maybe we could raise awareness with some kind of colored bracelet?

How did we go from picking on jocks ( cool ) to arguing about the retirement age of carpenters ( LAME! )?

To be specific.. it's the pay rate of carpenters that's being discussed. :lol:

I have no idea what Zero plans on doing that will allow him to retre at 35.. but I hope he shares his plan. :ph34r:

There's no way I'd RETIRE retire. I can't even sit still when I'm on vacation.

Hell no, if I could retire at 35 I would... That would be the best thing ever..

I could finally set up the perfect workout routine, insted of having it all f***ed up by school and other s***.. I would be able to eat at the right times and lift at the right times, then when Im done.. Sit around and play video games and go on the internet all day... man, that would be the life..

There's no way I'd RETIRE retire. I can't even sit still when I'm on vacation.

That's her problem. Within 4 months of "retiring" she redid their entire house (painting, knocked down a wall, remodeled a bathroom, installed hard wood flooring) and my uncle finally said.. "that's it.. get out of the house and back to work". :lol: